26horses Forum
  • Shadowing
  • Devoted
  • 1440 posts
  • Reputation 240
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • Captain of the boat or captain of the Sea?
Feb 26 2014 12:47 pm

Like everyday I get complaints of large players or alliances picking on the little guy in the game.

Anyone have any ideas how to strict PvP in the game? Most wars consist of 6 vs one. I don't believe getting rid of alliances actually solves anything though.

What ever you can do or dream you can always begin it because boldness has genius, power and magic in it
  • Novalesca
  • Irregular
  • 38 posts
  • Reputation 9
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • Doge is best system lord.
Feb 26 2014 12:49 pm

Make it so only 1 status rank above you or below you is your attack range. That would work.

Systemlords Wow Much War Very Planets So Space
  • Whodare
  • Irregular
  • 4 posts
  • Reputation 0
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • I love 26horses Productions
Feb 26 2014 12:50 pm

Um, how often do any of the Big Alliances actually attack smaller ones?

There isn't really much you can do for stricter pvp, maybe allow a max of 3 people to attack one guy, that's really it to be honest.

• Kynell
  • Enthusiast
  • 240 posts
  • Reputation 127
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
Feb 26 2014 12:50 pm

to stop big guys hitting little guys and little noobs playing just to suicide on big guys u can do this.

under 3k networth cant attack over 10k networth and other way round.

• Kynell
  • Enthusiast
  • 240 posts
  • Reputation 127
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
Feb 26 2014 12:53 pm

better still fix it so these noobs and multi users don't keep coming back to suicide Jaffa big guys then big guys wont have a reason to kill them lol

• Shadowing
  • Devoted
  • 1440 posts
  • Reputation 240
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
Feb 26 2014 12:55 pm

One idea I came up with was to make it net worth base but once those players do fight they can fight disregarding the net worth rule for 12 days or something like that

What ever you can do or dream you can always begin it because boldness has genius, power and magic in it
  • Armyskydiver
  • Irregular
  • 59 posts
  • Reputation 30
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable

I agree with Kynell which is why a few of us suggested the limit on how often an account can be reset.

• Novalesca
  • Irregular
  • 38 posts
  • Reputation 9
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • Doge is best system lord.

Wait... there are ppl with multi accounts? I thought shadowing banned them.

Systemlords Wow Much War Very Planets So Space
  • Shadowing
  • Devoted
  • 1440 posts
  • Reputation 240
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
Feb 26 2014 12:58 pm

If I limit account resetting then when resets run out then the players worlds are just siege for weeks and they can't play?

• Kynell
  • Enthusiast
  • 240 posts
  • Reputation 127
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
Feb 26 2014 1:01 pm

well the networth idea will have to have a thing in place that once attacking starts if I kill them down to under like 3k networth It has to be lifted so I can finish killing them for good or else they will just get auto protected and that will just kill pvp for everyone.

also it would have to be a pretty big gap restriction or once again u will kill pvp for most players of game and everyone will quit.

main problem pissing big players of is the suicide players who come with a tonne of Jaffa then bomb u and nothing u can do to stop it then they reset and do it again, which then forces us to go and steal planets from smaller guys as its better than rebuilding all slaves etc, u need a defence against explosives tech.

• Aldinach
  • Irregular
  • 48 posts
  • Reputation 8
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • Shel nok.
Feb 26 2014 1:03 pm

In all honesty, for the most part the player that alliances or large players have gone after 9 times out of 10 brought it on themselves by starting something either in chat, or having unsieged another target, or attacking the player or alliance that came after them.

The vast majority of more experienced players in the game don't go after smaller players without a reason. There's nothing to be gained from it. We can't get status from them, they have very little naq to steal, and their planets are underdeveloped.

I won't say it NEVER happens, because there are always exceptions, but the vast majority of larger players and alliances just don't bother with small targets because there's just no payoff, and if you look at chat logs, etc, most of the time we're answering questions, giving tips, and helping them along so long as they're acting like civilized human beings.

I can virtually guarantee that about 90-95% of the people complaining, if you were to go back and check attack logs and/or chat logs either started the confrontation by attacking someone before they did their homework, or acted like fools in chat.

Like I said, there are exceptions; on occasion a larger player needs to relocate planets and might target someone smaller due to location or planet build, but those cases are the minority.

Mekta satak Oz!
  • Armyskydiver
  • Irregular
  • 59 posts
  • Reputation 30
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
Feb 26 2014 1:07 pm

Feb 26 2014 7:58 am
If I limit account resetting then when resets run out then the players worlds are just siege for weeks and they can't play?

Thats the point though. The people that are doing the constant suicide jaffa bombs are those that are repeatedly reseting. If you limit resets then that will cut down that problem. It won't eliminate it but at least it wont be an everyday thing from those that are doing so. Its to teach them a lesson to stop abusing the system.

[1] 2 3 Next >>