26horses Forum
  • Ziegenbagel
  • Irregular
  • 40 posts
  • Reputation 3
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • O'Neill: For this, you can stay at my place.
Feb 18 2014 5:01 am

It doesnt work, not when they were NEVER called the Midgard, not once in the entire history of the Asgard people! Maybe if you read the original post you will realize that. Because I did read your original post and it still is absolutely wrong to call Asgards as Midgard, because Asgard is the name of their race, Midgard never was, not ever, Midgard is only the name that the Asgards gave to the Planet Earth, But I just had to say this in my last reply to you Nixton.

O'Neill: So help me, if I wake up and I'm singing soprano...
  • Lesnmore
  • Irregular
  • 103 posts
  • Reputation 24
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • I love 26horses Productions
Feb 18 2014 7:20 am

Nixton, for myself either name works. My question is this: It seems there are some who adamantly oppose the name Midgard. Why not change the name? Will the dynamics of the game change? Shadowing touched briefly on this implying that it could not work. Could you guys elaborate on this? Such a huge argument over a name must have solid foundations in logic and mechanics. Yes?

• Ziegenbagel
  • Irregular
  • 40 posts
  • Reputation 3
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • O'Neill: For this, you can stay at my place.
Feb 18 2014 7:59 am

From how it seems Shadowing was worried that calling them by their true name the Asgard would make people think they would be the same extremely powerful Asgard as see in the series. But I think we came to a good consciousness that for one not calling them Asgard would be wrong, because why make up a name and screw a good game up but changing a races name and that they can just be like the Asgard who first came to the Milky Way Galaxy who are limited on resources and are thousands of years less advanced obviously so that it can make sense that they wouldn't just be a race that would be OP and kick the crap out of everyone lol.

O'Neill: So help me, if I wake up and I'm singing soprano...
  • Zirnitra
  • Irregular
  • 151 posts
  • Reputation 51
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • Black Dragon of Death
Feb 18 2014 12:46 pm

Mythology is off topic. So what is Ra, Apohis - aliens?

Thor, zeus small grey clones. No. S

Furlings = aztec, Oannes = babylon.

Staragte is built off earth mythology.

All you see is the tv series.
Are you so one dimensional that you cannot mold, twist the myths to the races.

In Norse mythology, the Æsir–Vanir War was a conflict between the Æsir and the Vanir, two groups of gods, that ultimately resulted in the unification of the two groups into a single group of gods (ASGARD). The war is an important event in Norse mythology, and the implications of the war and the potential historicity surrounding the accounts of the war are a matter of scholarly debate and discourse.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vanir_War
http://stargate.wikia.com/wiki/Vanir

30,000 Years Ago
Around this time, an Asgard ship (its crew placed in suspended animation) left Othala. Its navigational computers were either damaged or malfunctioned at some point, and the ship drifted across galaxies, ultimately ending up in the Milky Way (whether or not the Milky Way was its intended destination is unclear).

Adara II was an uninhabitable planet in the Milky Way galaxy. A member of the Protected Planets Treaty, it was the site of the Asgard Heimdall's lab in 2002, where he conducted research on an "Asgard ancestor" found six months earlier

Earth was rich full of life. This was the centre piece for the settled humans in which the asgard may of called the planet Midgard for simplicity as telling the humans at this time that they lived in a world, that was in a galaxy would of blown there minds, alas where a lot of myth came from.

SG-1 later learned that the Asgard home galaxy is also called Othalla, indicating that this planet is probably a colony settled as the Asgard civilization expanded into another galaxy.

But Othalla is not a galaxy, it is a planet. At the time, the asgard may of called there galaxy as Othalla and there own world was the centre of that galaxy. (Ida galaxy may well be a term used by humans only and the asgard use it when speaking to carter etc)

It makes sense that earth people saw these "asgards" as gods and these gods came from a realm of asgard. The Norse myth may of been built loosely around the asgard race structure they gleamed from the asgard.

So, it makes perfect sense, that a group of aesir (or asgards) came to the Milky Way and decided to rename itself to maybe keep off the goaulds radar?

You keep applying "what we see" from the sg series, which means, the Furlings should not be in the game as we do not know really what they looked like, the unas never was a dominating group of goauld and human slaves, never really existed in the very beginnings as Ra had not found the Tauri, only after his ill fated encounter with the asgard.

Also, as shadowing says, I could revamp the background to make them come from an alternative reality.

But, new players, may well say, oooh asgard, they are very powerful and find out they get there butts kicked and moan. They will not see the asgard are actual similar to earths history.

We went from clubs and spears, to catapult and seige engines to muskets to tanks and automatic guns.

So in fact, the asgard are fighting with muskets rather then automatic guns as an analogy.

• Adadad
  • Irregular
  • 58 posts
  • Reputation 25
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • yarg
Feb 18 2014 3:47 pm

Shadowing wrote: "Also if you have any ideas how to bring Asgard into the game where it makes sense let me know. Bringing them in from another demention is the Only thing we could come up with."

and i think i have an answer, you see shadowing him self could be the over powered asgard and he could teleport around the galaxy pillaging and striking fear into the hearts and homes of the non believers of all who oppose him. then maybe after a few patchs we can have kill the admin events where we have to hunt him down and slay him for his advanced tech ... maybe get 1 to 5 advanced tech points to spend based on how much damage you did to him personally

• Jordanedmond
  • Irregular
  • 19 posts
  • Reputation 2
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • I love 26horses Productions
Feb 19 2014 9:03 pm

Acutally when you think about it, the Asgard during this time would not be as advanced as during the franchise, after all, in the backstory of Heliopalas it does imply that the Asgard couldn't take on the Goa'uld on their own without help from the other members of the Ancients Alliance of Great Races.

Backstory at stargate.wikia.com

• Jackson95
  • Irregular
  • 13 posts
  • Reputation 1
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • hi
Feb 19 2014 11:01 pm

Shadow you can call them Asgard and just think of it like this 1000 years before the humans repealed on earth the asgard were a lot weaker in tech sure there ships could have better defesnse then the rest of the game but they still died to the guoald and haveing the furlings as higher attack makes since to me as well those two races in my opion were well thought up but should be called asgard. just make them same attack with better defeseive capabilities the unas and gulds are already set

bob
  • Jackson95
  • Irregular
  • 13 posts
  • Reputation 1
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • hi
Feb 19 2014 11:01 pm

Shadow you can call them Asgard and just think of it like this 1000 years before the humans repealed on earth the asgard were a lot weaker in tech sure there ships could have better defesnse then the rest of the game but they still died to the guoald and haveing the furlings as higher attack makes since to me as well those two races in my opion were well thought up but should be called asgard. just make them same attack with better defeseive capabilities the unas and gulds are already set

bob
<< Previous 1 2 [3]