26horses Forum
  • Ziegenbagel
  • Irregular
  • 40 posts
  • Reputation 3
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • O'Neill: For this, you can stay at my place.
Feb 18 2014 2:04 am

The upcoming race being called the Midgard is Obviously that of the lovable Grey Aliens known as the Asgard. Why should the name be changed? For one the name of the race is not nore was it EVER known as Midgard. Midgard is the Asgard name gives to the planet Earth. The Asgard's were known as the Asgard before the Goa'uld were even a species.

If you aren't a HUGE Stargate fan as I am below is some proof. Stargate was great because of of the lore and ancient Mythology involved and to chance the name of one of the most influential races in the franchise isnt just stupidity but something that will piss many many people off.

Asgard: http://stargate.wikia.com/wiki/Asgard

The Asgard were a benevolent, extremely advanced race from the Ida galaxy that visited Earth on many occasions, giving rise to Norse mythology.

Part of the Alliance of Four Great Races, they were among the most advanced races in the universe, surpassed only by the Ancients, the Nox, and possibly the Furlings. They assumed the role of the Ancients as protectors of the Milky Way when the latter passed from existence and in turn passed that role down to the Tau'ri, to whom they gifted all of their knowledge and latest technology. (SG1: "Thor's Hammer", "Thor's Chariot", "The Fifth Race", "Unending")

Species: Asgard

Midgard: http://stargate.wikia.com/wiki/Earth

Earth (Terra in Ancient, Midgard to the humans settled by the Asgard, Tau'ri in Goa'uld, Avalon by the original Alteran settlers and designated P2X-3YZ by the Tau'ri themselves), is the home planet of the Tau'ri and the cradle of human civilization in the Milky Way. With a population of over 7 billion, Earth was one of the most populated known human worlds in both the Pegasus and Milky way galaxies. This is due to a long period of isolation from any alien contact, as well as their success in thwarting various alien attacks. (Stargate: Continuum, ATL: "Rising")

Conclusion: The key part of the "Midgard" section is the following:

"Midgard to the humans settled by the Asgard"

Because the Asgard race called Earth, Midgard. Midgard is not nor was it ever the name of their race.

If you feel this is a much needed fix as I please voice your comments below!

O'Neill: So help me, if I wake up and I'm singing soprano...
  • Shadowing
  • Devoted
  • 1440 posts
  • Reputation 240
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • Captain of the boat or captain of the Sea?
Feb 18 2014 2:09 am

Asgard can't be in the game. Their tech would be way to good. The background story we have is the asgard renamed then self midgard after becoming lost on there way to earth. Trap in a different reality.

What ever you can do or dream you can always begin it because boldness has genius, power and magic in it
  • Ziegenbagel
  • Irregular
  • 40 posts
  • Reputation 3
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
Feb 18 2014 2:12 am

The tech can be the same as what you are showing for the new races, just dont clearly have a race in the game that is obviously the Asgard and call them anything else other than Asgard, I mean, its already cause quite and uproar at least once already in chat. The "Midgard" race you are adding has a +50 to tech anyway so just call them the asgard as they should be because everything about them, the ships, the bonus's all point to Asgard. So name them who and what they truely are.

• Shadowing
  • Devoted
  • 1440 posts
  • Reputation 240
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
Feb 18 2014 2:14 am

Also if you have any ideas how to bring Asgard into the game where it makes sense let me know. Bringing them in from another demention is the Only thing we could come up with.

What ever you can do or dream you can always begin it because boldness has genius, power and magic in it
  • Shadowing
  • Devoted
  • 1440 posts
  • Reputation 240
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
Feb 18 2014 2:15 am

The asgard on alantis wasn't called asgard?

• Ziegenbagel
  • Irregular
  • 40 posts
  • Reputation 3
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
Feb 18 2014 2:17 am

The Asgard on Atlantis were called Asgard, they just didnt know who they were until Jackson got one of them to leave their protective suit, but the Asgard said he was an Asgard which he was. Its easy to bring them in, they came to the galaxy to help protect human worlds from become slaves to the Goa'uld, just like they actually did in the franchise.

• Shadowing
  • Devoted
  • 1440 posts
  • Reputation 240
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
Feb 18 2014 2:24 am

Asgard tech would smoke everyone. One ship could take out a goauld fleet if not more.

• Ziegenbagel
  • Irregular
  • 40 posts
  • Reputation 3
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
Feb 18 2014 2:28 am

Maybe in reality, but the race bonus you are showing right now for the so called "Midgard" looks like the kinds of Bonus the Asgard would have anyway. A Tech increase and better planetary defenses.

• Shadowing
  • Devoted
  • 1440 posts
  • Reputation 240
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
Feb 18 2014 2:31 am

The asgard on alantis were not asgard. That episode made it seem they broke off from the asgard before they were called asgard.

• Ziegenbagel
  • Irregular
  • 40 posts
  • Reputation 3
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
Feb 18 2014 2:33 am

+50 technology points
Fighter jet can travel through hyper space (that won't be the name of the unit)
Increase turret attack (Probably by 25 percent)
Slave camps are 50% less effective

Seems like a decent build for Asgard! Except I could see what the slaves could be called something different like Robotic Drones for them instead since they and the Furlings have no use for drones. But what you have seems like a decent built the cries out "Asgard"! I mean everything about the race you are calling Midgard tells us they are actually the Asgard, their ships, their tech, the description of why their foot soldier is a robot. So if everything's says they are actually Asgard them call them what they truly are, because calling them Midgard is like calling them Earthlings.

• Ziegenbagel
  • Irregular
  • 40 posts
  • Reputation 3
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
Feb 18 2014 2:35 am

No, they were still Asgard! Jackson says "You're Asgard!", The asgard responds "Yo have heard of us." They are still asgard they just have a different belief than the asgard from SG1, they were more like the rogue Asgard Loki who abducted O'Neil and made a child clone of him.

• Shadowing
  • Devoted
  • 1440 posts
  • Reputation 240
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
Feb 18 2014 2:43 am

They renamed them self midgard cause they were on there way to earth but got lost on the way in this new dimension. So they named them self midgard. We could find another name I guess. Or take asgard out of the game completely. Can't have asgard vs goauld that's for sure. But ya they still are very advance.

[1] 2 3 Next >>