• Quidproquo
  • Irregular
  • 154 posts
  • Reputation 59
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • We all want something: QuidProQuo.
Sep 24 2014 4:36 pm

......................................................................... 9 for and 0 against.
............................................Now stop being emo, and take your emotions out of it.

What are your views on the trivia system? After you post, please don't post again. This helps prevent arguments on here. I just want to show someone who is a pessimist he is wrong.

I have won 4 of these myself. I like the idea. I think it should continue. I also believe that the GNT question should be daily not weekly. Though that is shadowing's call. Demogorgon, however rude/nice dumb/smart loser/cool is providing a service to us. I say shut up and press button, receive naquadah.

Those are my opinions. Next?

UPDATE: Now to all you freaking Guest creepers. LOG IN AND SAY SOMETHING!!! Quit stalking the post. You have opinions, let us hear them. Thank you for the long, post opinions, zuff, lordjay, hellhound, and kelac.

UPDATE: When one of you wishes to add something there is a MODIFY on the top right of your post, please use that and put UPDATE: like I did. Thank you all.

UPDATE: Kelac, shadowing thought it would be "Neat" if he slapped all of us by taking away the negatives that we all have earned. I earned my negatives just like you, and the next guy. But we have to deal with it or next he will take away the positives too, then we will all be reset at zero and that would suck. I am not unhappy with my current honor, but it kinda defeats the purpose of an honor system if everyone gets patronized

UPDATE: Progeekzy I love the banner, +1 for just that reason.

The chosen one, savior, and ultimate survivor. Will work for zambooki(coffee+vodka)
  • Axufuris
  • Irregular
  • 122 posts
  • Reputation 62
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • Death to Canada
Sep 24 2014 4:41 pm

I like it. I think it's a fun easy way to improve the game a little bit. It's not a huge amount of naq but still enough to make it fun to try. Yeah there are some problems but Demo will learn over time, its a process. I think it's really cool that he has spent the time to do this to improve the game a little. I give him Kudos for doing it for the better good. And also Shadowing Kudos for allowing a simple but fun thing to get thrown into the game also. To be honest i didn't care about the Naq i just wanted to win a question just to say i won a question lol.

BTW what is the GNT you speak of. From what i gather questions are daily already. Is GNT a question that is weekly and worth more?

Oh Hello There
  • Cjamieson99
  • Respected
  • 640 posts
  • Reputation 203
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • LET'S GET THOSE TERRORISTS!
Sep 24 2014 5:00 pm

http://i.imgur.com/riltb0V.png
http://i.imgur.com/begSkVa.png

It's very simple. Clearly Demogorgon is not ready to take on such a responsibility. He showed us all last night when he ruined his own game trying to make me look bad for something that Enlil (and many others) have suggested. "You should get an editor to make sure the answers are phrased better", that was responded to in hours of gonach ing and "right back at you" "in your face" hate rants about how important he is and how useless everyone else was.

I posted a few screen shots on the other guys forum post that show just how childish it was. If Demogorgon can do his trivia without using it as an excuse to call himself an admin and make his own punishment system for people he doesn't like (anybody that questions him), he simply is not ready to do a simple trivia.

Trivia is simple. There is no need for all this bull cha'tii . It's a good idea and good for the game, but it's only been a problem. I think people want to keep it in the game, but somebody else is going to have to be decided on to run it. or we can give Demogorgon a second chance and make it clear to him that he is not shadowing or god, because this power trip has gone far enough.

I think it's clear that I do not like Demogorgon. This is not because I don't like him, this is why I don't like him.

Kelac! #1 cheater in the game, but you'll never catch me!
  • Chaldean
  • Irregular
  • 44 posts
  • Reputation 24
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • I love 26horses Productions
Sep 24 2014 5:06 pm

Why does everyone always have to ruin the fun parts of the game? I won a few time, and I have not spelled things correctly. He is impartial so you all need to stop complaining about that. So what if he does not use proper grammar or spelling, half the players on here seem to be illiterate 10 year olds anyway.
P.s.
Shaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaad uup

Mother of Magic
  • Quidproquo
  • Irregular
  • 154 posts
  • Reputation 59
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
Sep 24 2014 5:07 pm

deleted

The chosen one, savior, and ultimate survivor. Will work for zambooki(coffee+vodka)
  • Lordjay777
  • Irregular
  • 69 posts
  • Reputation 10
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • "SAY GOODNIGHT TO THE BAD GUY!"
Sep 24 2014 5:08 pm

I have also won maybe 3 or 4 times. I would like to see the trivia continued and have also witnessed the disagreements... But when all is said and done it is ultimately Demogorgon's choice whether to continue or not. What I ask that everyone realize is that we all have lives outside of this game. Demo takes his own time to do the daily and weekly trivia questions... Because he obviously loves Stargate and the game. I can see how when rushing to put the trivia out there (just to please those hoping to win) that multiple possible answers may be overlooked. It's understandable but no need to get all bent out of shape. If I miss an answer because of a technicality or a split second then I'll wait for the next question. You win some you lose some, no need to get upset. My 2 cents.

Sully my reputation for your own amusement? I am coming for you! You HAVE been warned.
  • Cjamieson99
  • Respected
  • 640 posts
  • Reputation 203
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
Sep 24 2014 5:16 pm

Sorry i need to post again :( BUT REAL QUICK!

Nobody is saying that they want the trivia removed... if you read any of it, we're saying the trivia is good, and I'm saying Demo can run it, but it needs some changes is all. If you read Lebowski's original post, it was respectful criticism and he said, " shel kree you" "you all keep gonach ing I quit". Much like when an editor was suggested for his questions and he said "Nobody wins. blame vold (who didn't have anything to do with it)." So...he's a child.... He threw a temper tantrum and that is what this is about. Many people saw it. Many people complained on Chulak while it was happening. Langish and Myrddin are two of the names I remember. Also TDC I'm pretty sure.

So to everyone that is complaining that we have ruined a good thing.... You need to read what we're saying and not just what Demogorgon is saying. You will then see that he is using his self-proclaimed admin position against us. That is all. I do not play his trivia or his GNT thing, I just think it's too far when he uses it to punish people in a way that effects the average player that has nothing to do with them.

Clearly none of you have read what we have to say. Every one of us has been for trivia, and I, of all people, am the one suggesting that it should be Demogorgon doing it. And lordjay, I don't play, so I don't care that I win or lose, I care that he used it to try and make 3 players look like assholes and ruined his own game on Chulak. Try reading what we've had to say.
------
also, why the shel kree do I have 80 honourables?.... Demo does too... tal lak

• Hellhound1384
  • Irregular
  • 70 posts
  • Reputation 33
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • I am the Dude
Sep 24 2014 5:28 pm

I have won on both servers. I like the idea and commend him for wanting to give something to the game. His motives for doing so are not entirely selfless but that is not the issue. I pointed out a few examples of when his trivia questions are wrong. There have been more than the two that I listed and that is an issue. When it comes to a jeopardy styled trivia game there can be only one correct response. Often times his questions are confusing and poorly worded leading to the possibility of multiple answers. I think the problem here is that it is in a jeopardy format. I can see the effort Demo is trying to put into the questions to give them a genuine jeopardy feel but that is where he fails. If the questions were to be just questions then the writing becomes much more simple and eliminates the possibilities of errors. There could even be questions with more than one answer and those can produce multiple winners.

It seems this endeavor was hastily thrown together with no forethought on these types of issues. More work is required but I do believe this can still work out. Demo needs to eliminate his emotions from the process and see that I am not attacking him personally. He sees anyone disagreeing with him as gonach ing and chastises them in chat. I understand that this is something he is doing with his own time but he cannot lash out at people who correct the inaccuracies of his questions.

Si vis pacem, para bellum
  • Lordjay777
  • Irregular
  • 69 posts
  • Reputation 10
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • "SAY GOODNIGHT TO THE BAD GUY!"
Sep 24 2014 5:33 pm

deleted

Sully my reputation for your own amusement? I am coming for you! You HAVE been warned.
  • Quidproquo
  • Irregular
  • 154 posts
  • Reputation 59
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
Sep 24 2014 5:38 pm

Once more, I ask that you use the modify post button to keep this post neat.

Kelac, please delete your posts after copying them to your original post. Thank you lordjay.

• Cjamieson99
  • Respected
  • 640 posts
  • Reputation 203
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
Sep 24 2014 5:42 pm

lol, my bad, Jay, I see that after rereading it. It's the fact that this post is a response to Lebowski's post, so I read that as if you were responding to me.

Again though, all I would like to see is Demogorgon knowing that his position is only asking and rewarding trivia questions, not to appoint himself a bias admin with an itchy ban finger for people that he doesn't like.

Another idea: Maybe have somebody else call the winners for him. I don't suggest that he's been letting his alliance or friends win, because I don't believe he has, but I do feel as if his hate towards criticism has led to him making excuses for certain people not to win (myself NOT included.)

He simply needs to be put in his place by shadowing. Demogorgon has told and threatened me multiple times in chat lately claiming to be an admin...he did this same thing last time when he started the GNT. This was back when I had nothing against him and responded honestly to him saying he doesn't think he's bias. I simply said "It's in my opinion that you are not, but that is just from what I have seen." Said in the most respectable way I could. He responded by telling me he would ban me fro his GNT trivia, which I didn't play, so that didn't bother me, but it's the idea behind it, that he can or would do that.

He's on a power trip and simply needs to be told by Shadowing that he is not Shadowing2.

Sorry, proquo.

• Sadeyes
  • Enthusiast
  • 238 posts
  • Reputation 151
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • Potato
Sep 24 2014 7:06 pm

Free Naq is always good, the trivia is good. Maybe put someone else in charge to stop the arguing but otherwise it is a fun addition to the game.

It's impossible. I hate it. It's evil. It's astonishing. I want to kiss it to death.
[1] 2 Next >>