• Edavies
  • Irregular
  • 12 posts
  • Reputation 7
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • System Lord Lodbrok
Sep 05 2014 10:19 pm

From Lodbrok... with encouragement from the chat roll...

Races:
Add more playable races to incorporate all of the SG universe...
- Tau'ri
- Free Jaffa
- Wraith
- Ori
And maybe..
- Ancients
- Genii

Terminology Updates:
- Asguard don't have slaves
- Onac don't fight with Jaffa
- Furlings don't ride in Ha'tak ships
- you get the drift

Rule Changes:
- Any planet that is taken from you can be retaken even if you're newest planet has less than 200 buildings... if you attack within one week of capture.

The Fog of War
- All infiltration & spy drone reports should contain a random error factor of up to +/- 10 or 20%.

Battles
- Non-Instantaneous Battles: Instead of a fixed amount of attack & defense per unit, units do damage over time. Small battles resolve fairly quickly... massive ones could last and hour to two. For example... instead of 10 attack & 10 defense a Jaffa does 1pt damage/minute with 10 HPs (Result: 2 Jaffa kill 1 Jaffa in 5 minutes, no casualties)
- Casualty Calculations NEED to be updated. A planet with only Jaffa & Staff Turrets should not be able to defeat an attack of just motherships (Bombard from orbit). Also planet capture should require Jaffas (Can't wipe out with empty motherships & just land).
- Bombardments, Spy Drones, & Infiltration missions should all take time (up to a couple minutes each?)

Calculating Losses
- Currently losses equal total defense points. If I attack a mothership, I will loose 600,000 points worth of ships. I find that system flawed.
- In real combat (& all else equal) the losses are roughly inversely-proportional to force size. If I attack a mothership with 900,000 I should lose 400,000. If I attack with 6,000,000 I should only lose 60,000.

Additional Proposed Features with Little Possibility of Making It ;(
- Allow users to see space & land battles as they happen.
- Allow attackers to manipulate units with simple (possibly preset) strategies, turning battles into a simple tower defense game. (think simple version of Clash of Clans)
- Upgrade from 2D to 3D graphics

• Cjamieson99
  • Respected
  • 640 posts
  • Reputation 203
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • LET'S GET THOSE TERRORISTS!
Sep 05 2014 10:28 pm

Onac are goauld hosts in this, so they would have jaffa.

Spydrones don't always work and you fail missions sometimes or always.

and instant battles are the point of this game, that's what the battle tool is for. You send what you need to take minimal losses and obviation saves the winner some troops. Delaying that, in my opinion, is a terrible idea that would change what kind of game it is entirely.

Same thing with the 3D graphics idea... The game is like a map and you tell fleets where to go, it's like chess.

There seems to be a few people who don't like what kind of game this is and want to make it into an entirely different type of game. That maverik guy even admits it. lol
---

Also, in case you haven't yet realized, Shadowing is just one person and the only one person who works on and created this game. It is what it is and it's perfect this way. Everyone, stop trying to change it and ruin a good thing by making it like some other game you played. Go play that game.

Kelac! #1 cheater in the game, but you'll never catch me!
  • Allan1991
  • Irregular
  • 69 posts
  • Reputation 31
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • The God Of Gods
Sep 05 2014 10:31 pm

or instead of the tower defence game model how about trying more like a actual wargame model for example Battlefield 4 you can use vehicles were u can fly ur flagship or mothership into battle and issue commands directly from the flagship or mothership depending on what ur highest best unit is for example
if u enter a battle with jaffa u come in as the goauld him or herself to lead the attacks in first or 3rd person battles agaisnt the other player ur attacking if ur highest usnit is a flagship u are in that giveing all the comamnds and using its weapons ect ect by now u can see were im going with this the next unit up is the commanding one depending on ur highest attacker u put in the battle and if ur not online a npc takes over for defending in these battles i know its not likly to happen anytime soon but would be a nice change up would most likly bring alot of new players the only cons i can think of it right now is that u might need a better server to handle the new setups pros to it is u will more then likly have more palyers join in as well as this game will actuly require skill to win a battle instead of computer generated outputs so if smaller forces attack bigger forces they have a change of winning if they can actly outsmart the other player that is my idea to it and would like some feedback to see if any other people agree with this.
signed by: Systemlord Artashir

Suntzu
  • Cjamieson99
  • Respected
  • 640 posts
  • Reputation 203
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
Sep 05 2014 10:32 pm

artashir, I am going to stab you in the face.

Art, if you happen to be a 3D graphics designer and game developer, feel free to make your own game.

By the way, your response was just one long run-on sentence.

And again I am forced to say... If you don't like this kind of game, why are you playing it?

Signed by: Actual system lord, Kelac.

• Allan1991
  • Irregular
  • 69 posts
  • Reputation 31
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • The God Of Gods
Sep 05 2014 10:42 pm

kelac i know it was a run on sentince unlike others i dont care about actuly puting all the periods and so on in my sentinces it just takes me so much longer to type then and for anther thing im entitled to stating my opinions for possible ways to improve the game as well as i dont have to be on the systemlord list to be a systemlord i belive people with highest net should be on it as well sence i dont care about gaining tons of SS or status points

Suntzu
  • Hellhound1384
  • Irregular
  • 70 posts
  • Reputation 33
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • I am the Dude
Sep 05 2014 10:45 pm

Walter +1

Si vis pacem, para bellum
  • Cjamieson99
  • Respected
  • 640 posts
  • Reputation 203
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
Sep 05 2014 10:45 pm

Networth is a measurement of time and money spent. Attack someone and you may see that there actually is skill involved in the game, but you should know that, since you lost a few times and all of your status along with it, lol.

By the way, you're enemy number one.

• Binar
  • Irregular
  • 84 posts
  • Reputation 24
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • Hakuna Matatta
Sep 05 2014 10:50 pm

Art....I know this is the internet and people typo all the time....but you are just showing the fact you lack an education in order to type in coherent sentences.

I may be wrong...but isn't proper sentence structure taught in 3rd....maybe 4th grade?

I am Binar
  • Stargate1990
  • Irregular
  • 21 posts
  • Reputation 5
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • I love 26horses Productions
Sep 05 2014 11:02 pm

Infiltration missions should require units, obviously in order to spy on someone your spy actually has to go to the planet this should be no different then an attack. In the case of spying most likely you would use a cloaked ship thus staff weapons and satellites should do nothing. The ship still has to get to the planet meaning it should be like any other fleet takes time and can be slowed by mines. There should also be the option to use the gate for infiltration. The main thing is to prevent people from spamming the infiltration before attacks especially by ship. It is not fair that they can decimate a planet without a gate before a fleet arrives.

• Cjamieson99
  • Respected
  • 640 posts
  • Reputation 203
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
Sep 05 2014 11:04 pm

LOL, It is completely fair and works perfectly. It's called strategy, and you just need more jaffa. Besides, all of your planets are gated so it doesn't matter.

This forum post just became my gonach .

• Allan1991
  • Irregular
  • 69 posts
  • Reputation 31
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • The God Of Gods
Sep 05 2014 11:05 pm

for one binar i have a high school education as well as my IQ is 128 so i do not have a lack in education i just don't feel like wasting my time by making every sentince correct because eather way people still understand what im talking about casue at least im not saying things that do not make any sence once so ever i am actuly taking my time to at least make sure every thing says what i want with out wasting my time so there is no typos in this it is just my way of shorting this all up so i dont have to stay typing longer then i need to put a point across no as for you kelac you are my enemy to casue u have spread lies about me and i have proved it to others case and point as well for you binar i will not let you try and insult me just cause you dont like me nor have you ever at least i have been nice to you intill you started crap with me so you can stop trying to insult me cause all of your insults have no value behind them to me

Suntzu
  • Cjamieson99
  • Respected
  • 640 posts
  • Reputation 203
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
Sep 05 2014 11:06 pm

LOL, because your time is so valuable.

*shoots self in the face*

[1] 2 3 Next >>