• Xxdexterxx
  • Enthusiast
  • 206 posts
  • Reputation 2
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • *Sigh* Dominating the Galaxy. Do not disturb. :P
Jun 16 2012 12:50 am

I'd like to know how many of you here program. Please state you favorite language and how long you've known/worked with it.

P.S. "Visual Basic" is not a programming language. It is, by definition, but it is useless.

I like PHP.

I've worked with it for about a month, and it's a beautiful language. Simple, yet powerful.

• Semper
  • Respected
  • 615 posts
  • Reputation 6
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • Let the Galaxy Burn
Jun 16 2012 2:56 am

English and Conditioning, programming humans. Not just elegant, also complex, highly manipulative and incredibly broad.

• Aaron1178
  • Irregular
  • 134 posts
  • Reputation 1
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • Dovakiin Dragonborn
Jun 16 2012 4:08 am

My most fluent language would be PHP as ive been scripting in it for over 8 years. My most favourite would be C++ an ive been programming in it for about a year :)

• Matthew
  • Irregular
  • 137 posts
  • Reputation 0
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • Klingons vs Ancients? Who would win?
Jun 16 2012 10:35 pm

Program games? Software? Music? I do software for Ipad with some of my (cough) nerdy side friends :P

• Xxdexterxx
  • Enthusiast
  • 206 posts
  • Reputation 2
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
Jun 17 2012 1:20 am

We must discuss PHP!

• Matthew
  • Irregular
  • 137 posts
  • Reputation 0
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • Klingons vs Ancients? Who would win?
Jun 17 2012 1:21 am

Whats PHP?!?! :P

• Xxdexterxx
  • Enthusiast
  • 206 posts
  • Reputation 2
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
Jun 17 2012 3:26 am

PHP is a server side scripting language, mainly used for handling, manipulating, and moving data and information. This game uses PHP and so does this forum. Here is some sample code:

<script language="php">

if($react == "delete_user") {<br />  if($user) {
      $query = "DELETE from login WHERE user='$user' ";
      $result = mysql_query($query, $mysql_link);

I've started learning it and it's a beautiful language, unlike other I remember, unfortunately.

• Shadowing
  • Devoted
  • 1440 posts
  • Reputation 240
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • Captain of the boat or captain of the Sea?
Jul 17 2012 8:58 pm

Ya PHP is great. Also my favorite.

very nice API
so far I hate javascript the worse

What ever you can do or dream you can always begin it because boldness has genius, power and magic in it
  • Aaron1178
  • Irregular
  • 134 posts
  • Reputation 1
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • Dovakiin Dragonborn
Jul 20 2012 11:15 am

PHP is just overall great and full of potential for other stuff. For example, I am a PHP extension developer, which is rare, and you will find bugger all topics that cover it well... anyway, PHP&#039;s base core, otherwise known as the &#039;Zend Engine&#039; use C and C++ to combine into its core hypertext preprocessor, but as well as its extensions, which are in the form of Dynamic Linked Library(.dll) and has the potential for 3D graphics. All thats needed is to find a way to access the browser so it can also combine into the 3D hardware chip along with PHP itself, even though that would decrease the render frame rate....<br /><br />Ok so there is my ramble :)

• Slysoft
  • Irregular
  • 1 posts
  • Reputation 0
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • I love 26horses Productions
Oct 20 2013 9:39 pm

JavA, C#, Objective C, C++, VB.Net(oh, and I guarantee anything you can do in any of the languages listed, I can do in C# or Vb.Net... Just Saying). I have been developing since 1998. I prefer C#, Vb.Net, and Java.

• Katzero
  • Irregular
  • 2 posts
  • Reputation 0
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
Oct 31 2013 11:44 am

Hi!

I don't want to start flaming stuff but saying that VB.NET isn't a programming language while valuing PHP as programming language is ... well ... let's say "unexpected". Just becuase PHP isn't a programming language but a script language.

Anyway! I do web development with ASP.NET and C# most of the time. I really like the C syntax and I think C# is nowadays the most "beautiful language".

• Justinboggs
  • Irregular
  • 9 posts
  • Reputation 0
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
Feb 04 2014 10:53 pm

Hello all

I know a little E2 (from garry's mod addon called wiremod) some gmod lua
i also know html and css i know they are markup lol and played with java for a day and wrote one line in php lol i made a page on my website send a friend to nyan.cat based on his ip troll :)

[1] 2 3 Next >>