• Armyskydiver
  • Irregular
  • 59 posts
  • Reputation 30
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • I love 26horses Productions
Jul 21 2014 1:54 am

You shel kree ing idiot.....change the topic and the content so nothing makes sense in the thread. Just go kill yourself.

• Excellion
  • Enthusiast
  • 296 posts
  • Reputation 118
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • Never back down, never surrender, no fear
Jul 21 2014 4:10 am

The first post should in a thread should not be editable after 15 minutes to avoid this issue.

For anyone just reading the thread, the first post was originally a myriad of complaints about how the game is unfair, allies should be removed, and half a dozen other complaints.

I hunt the sheep of war...
  • Lordjay777
  • Irregular
  • 69 posts
  • Reputation 10
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • "SAY GOODNIGHT TO THE BAD GUY!"
Jul 21 2014 1:41 pm

From reading all the comments on this thread up to the one before mine I will state two opinions.

1. Space Stations. Concerning the Galactic Grid (40x40) as a noob I can understand why others may want to see it bigger. The reason being is that noobs like me who started a month ago and noobs who just started yesterday are entering the grid and finding it has been 90% taken over. I started out in 28-9 and quickly learned I was in the wrong part of town. I moved all the way out to the uncolonized sectors to have a better chance of building up. I was saving up for a Space Station in one of the sectors I'm in... then one morning I get on and come to find Cronus420 had taken over like 4-6 sectors surrounding me. Have you seen his NW? 181,000! Point being is that new players can get very turned off at the thought of never being able to advance. With that said it leads me to number two.

2. Alliances. Why would I or anyone else want to see them completely gone? Well as a noob I would say for similar reasons as I stated above. When I first started out I totally skipped my protection week. I signed up, didn't login and start playing till I had a day or so left of protection. So there I was completely unaware of the game mechanics so I watched that "stupid" tutorial video and was doing step by step what it said. I decided to add a second planet to expand. There was a vacant planet(under siege by RA8472) that I took. Now I had no idea RA had laid claim to that planet. I thought "sieged by Ra8472" meant he got there first and took all the valuables and left nothing for anyone else. Long story short I made a HUGE enemy with even BIGGER backup unknowingly. So I packed up and left . What does this have to do with alliances? Well again as a noob it can be very off putting to not know how to play the game and make one mistake that would bring down the wrath of half a dozen alliances. Most of these alliances have pack mentality, "An attack on one of us is an attack on us all". Now I've read someone say "it's a challenge" as if getting totally decimated is somehow a motivation. As a noob I can tell you it's not. If I got beat up on my way home from school I didn't say tomorrow I'll get revenge... I said tomorrow I'll take a different route home. Even now as I write this I'm still debating whether it's worth my time to continue trying to learn how to play. In closing I know none of this matters since as someone said there would still be alliances in one form or another... But my statement to me is the reason why most if any would want to see them gone.

Now I know I tend to be... a bit long winded... So I hope everyone was able to stay awake through my mild diatribe.

Sully my reputation for your own amusement? I am coming for you! You HAVE been warned.
  • Excellion
  • Enthusiast
  • 296 posts
  • Reputation 118
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
Jul 21 2014 3:17 pm

@LordJay,

The game has a PROTECTION system in place. Other players cannot attack you unless they are within 40% of your networth.

You used an example of a player with 180k nw. 180 x .4 = 72. 180 - 72 = 108. Unless you have 108k nw or higher, the player you mentioned cannot touch you. If he tries to attack it will say you are "protected".

There are three exceptions to the Protection rule.

1 If you attack a player, than any of that player's ally mates may help DEFEND the player.

2. A "sieged" planet means the planet has not been claimed by anyone. That is basically a lawless land that anyone can attack, regardless of networth.

3. If you attack a planet or SS that another player already had a fleet in transit to or from at the time you took ownership, than that fleet can hit you.

Please also note presently players in an ally cannot hit players outside of an ally and vice versa. Accordingly, you are amply protected. You can piss the other players off and there is not much they can do. If they get really pissed, they need to find another player who is both in your networth range and not in ally to attack you. To be clear, I don't recommend you go out of your way to piss others off, but you should not live in fear of it either.

If you are looking for a relatively quiet ally where you can learn and ask questions of others, message DropBear in game. Warning...he is Aussie and a bit whacko.

• Cjamieson99
  • Respected
  • 640 posts
  • Reputation 203
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • LET'S GET THOSE TERRORISTS!
Jul 21 2014 3:33 pm

HAHAHAHA!!!! "the wrath of half a dozen alliances" Yeah, more like you pissed off one guy that is worth half a dozen alliances combined. Can you not do that in real life too? I'll go piss off some big, fat guy and he'll hate me, doesn't matter how close he is to my size.

You're also likely to be a multi, so that's why he's onto you. You play like a multi.

Kelac! #1 cheater in the game, but you'll never catch me!
  • Excellion
  • Enthusiast
  • 296 posts
  • Reputation 118
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
Jul 21 2014 3:36 pm

Did you just call Ra fat?

• Ra8472
  • Irregular
  • 23 posts
  • Reputation 16
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • Kneel Before Zod!
Jul 21 2014 3:57 pm

@ lordjay
Lets be clear it was your go f-yourself attitude in pm's that aggravated me not attacking that world next to mine. Still we worked it out. I think I told you pretty well that I have quite a few enemies. That you were behaving very sketchy. Like other guys who form extra accounts for farming or cheating. Still not saying you are a multi account, just that your behavior was coincidentally exactly like how multi accounts act. So a low level guy taking over a planet right next door was suspicious. Again if you just said I'm learning sorry or something like that it would have been over in 5 seconds. The IDK who the f-you are attitude followed by building more worlds around me was really the problem. It is not shadowing's fault that you just started attacking without really learning anything about the game.

I hunt the hunters of hunting hunted sheep or something.
  • Chaldean
  • Irregular
  • 44 posts
  • Reputation 24
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • I love 26horses Productions
Jul 21 2014 5:29 pm

I like pudding

Mother of Magic
  • Lordjay777
  • Irregular
  • 69 posts
  • Reputation 10
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
Jul 21 2014 6:10 pm

@CjKelac I have no idea how a multi would play. I was following that stupid tutorial video. And yeah when I finally learned how to check out a player and saw how high ranking he was and how many sister alliances he was part of then I knew who I had pissed off. But I didn't mean to, I was just following the tutorial. BTW I'd love to know what exactly a multi does that I am or have been doing.

@Ra8472 And just to be even clearer I never contacted you before I took that planet. After I did YOU sent ME a message calling me an asshole. Remember? I took offense to THAT message and responded the way I did because of what YOU said in it. Yes we did work it out and you gave me good advice. But I wasn't going to approach you apologetically after the nasty message you had sent me. Would you have if someone did that to you? Over in 5 seconds? Yes, I believe it would have been if you would have been the one to ask me who I was instead of assuming I was a multi which at the time I had no idea what a multi was. And I started building planets because of the tutorial. Why don't they just remove that thing?

@Vitopian I'm pretty sure Olek is way above mjcracker's NW and yet he seems to now control mj's SS's so I'm not quite sure how that worked out. From last night to this morning somehow mjcraker lost control of 3 sectors and 2 planets. I know about sieged planets now but a month ago I didn't when the game started me out in 28-9. Oh also I know Cronus420 can't touch me, my point was I can never hope to take control of that sector because he is so much more powerful. Thanks for the helpful info. I'm still having trouble with the battle tool, suicided my fleet twice because it told me I'd win.

@Chaldean yes vanilla pudding gets a like from me as well.

Sully my reputation for your own amusement? I am coming for you! You HAVE been warned.
  • Lordjay777
  • Irregular
  • 69 posts
  • Reputation 10
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
Jul 21 2014 6:12 pm

Really??? Who gave me a negative reputation? Kelac? Ra8472?

• Excellion
  • Enthusiast
  • 296 posts
  • Reputation 118
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
Jul 21 2014 6:45 pm

"I'm still having trouble with the battle tool, suicided my fleet twice because it told me I'd win. "

The battle tool has some quirks. Here is what you need to know:

1. You need to check for status bonuses for both you and your opponent. In the upper-right corner select MENU > Guide > Mechanics. Scroll down and on the right side you will see all the status levels. A player with Derision status receives no bonus. A player with Dreadful status receives +5% to attack and defense. Every level thereafter adds an addition 5%.

2. You also need to check for adjustments, positive and negative, from Race, Personality and Stance.

Race: http://www.26horses.com/forum/?page=topic&data=1048
Personality: http://www.26horses.com/forum/?page=topic&data=1049
Stance: http://www.26horses.com/forum/?page=topic&data=836

It is very important to look through all the Patch Notes. Shadowing is catching up now but changes may have occurred which are not updated in the above threads.

3. You need to Infiltrate your opponent and view their Achievements and Advanced Techs.

If you collect the proper data and enter it into the Battle Tool, your Attack values should perfectly match the Battle Tool. The defense values are a bit off. Increase your attack by an extra 10% beyond where it says 100% chance of victory and you should win 100% of the time.

As a note, you want to win the battle with as few troops as possible. The Battle Tool is not an independent calculator but rather is directly linked to the gaming battle system. Never attack with anything less than a 100% chance of victory.

• Ra8472
  • Irregular
  • 23 posts
  • Reputation 16
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • Kneel Before Zod!
Jul 21 2014 6:53 pm

I wouldn't bother LJ it wasn't me

I hunt the hunters of hunting hunted sheep or something.
<< Previous 1 [2] 3 Next >>