• Dissenter
  • Irregular
  • 84 posts
  • Reputation 44
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • I love 26horses Productions
Sep 01 2014 10:09 pm

How about we just make the flagships 200-300k hit points instead? Taking away regenerative abilities on ships destroys a major part of the strategy in the game. Half the fun is figuring out your attacks so you have a mothership or flagship with <10% health remaining to fight another day. Removing this will really decrease the 'fun-factor' for me and likely many others.

Making flagships 200-300k hit points would solve the problem of easily taking stations without losses. It might still be possible if the attacker has a lot of bonuses and the defender is in economy stance, but being in any stance poses it's own risk, and losing your stations has always been the risk with ecomony stance. If you lost your stations in this stance I don't think you have any room to talk on this one. It would be much more time consuming to take multiple stations as the flagship would be nearly destroyed in even a well planned attack, thus solving the problem without compromising game strategy/fun.

• Dissenter
  • Irregular
  • 84 posts
  • Reputation 44
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • I love 26horses Productions
Sep 02 2014 3:19 am

Also I might add in my daze i thought this was a more recent post LOL. It said 'new'. Anyway, Shadowing obviously changed direction on this with the new vote.

• Edavies
  • Irregular
  • 12 posts
  • Reputation 7
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • System Lord Lodbrok
Nov 25 2014 9:54 pm

"In fact, the flagship is easily destroyed... Of course those who lose the flagship we say that it loses a lot of prestige, and I would not mind creating the "vassal" of the loser to the winner... for at least 1 month after the defeat. [Of] the resources accumulated by the loser... 10% will go to [the] winner."

+1

By creating vassals you will incentivize players to not destroy their vassals.

"Taking away regenerative abilities on ships destroys a major part of the strategy in the game. Half the fun is figuring out your attacks so you have a mothership or flagship with <10% health remaining to fight another day. Removing this will really decrease the 'fun-factor' for me and likely many others."

+1

"It would be much more time consuming to take multiple stations as the flagship would be nearly destroyed in even a well planned attack, thus solving the problem without compromising game strategy/fun."

I know this will benefit the established players but maybe stations should be 1m HP... to counteract this issue.

Since you are only able to build 1 flagship I feel that there is no reason for it not to be the best ship in the game. (Right now there is no "best ship"). It definitely shouldn't be less economical than an equivalent # of motherships. Proposed Flagship attributes:

- 90,000 naq
- 650,000 HP
- 10% attack bonus for accompanying Motherships
- 10% naq transfer for (x period of time) from loser to winner

Thoughts?

<< Previous 1 [2]