26horses Forum
  • Shadowing
  • Devoted
  • 1440 posts
  • Reputation 240
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • Captain of the boat or captain of the Sea?
May 10 2014 11:29 am

As you all know I have disabled ship healing currently in the game. This was due to space stations being easily taken over with flag ships and the instant ship healing bug didn't help either.

I'm thinking about redesigning the flag ship in the game. Instead of giving it 600k hit points give units you send with it a bonus. So the more units you have with it the stronger your forces are. This would fix a lot issues with the over power problems with flag ships with losses.

Was thinking of making the flag ship 200k points instead.

Post some thoughts.

What ever you can do or dream you can always begin it because boldness has genius, power and magic in it
  • Jbutler
  • Irregular
  • 18 posts
  • Reputation 7
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • I love 26horses Productions
May 10 2014 11:32 am

sounds great, saves having my stations being taken over so quickly, what sorta bonus's you looking at though and for which units

• Kynell
  • Enthusiast
  • 240 posts
  • Reputation 127
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
May 10 2014 11:33 am

give me naq bck before u nerf it plz.

and yes to easy to conquer stations I say just get rid of flagships altogether,
or nerf them to 200k HP and make them only 50k to buy.

• Shadowing
  • Devoted
  • 1440 posts
  • Reputation 240
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
May 10 2014 11:49 am

It won't really be a nerf. they will increase the weapons and armor of near by ships

What ever you can do or dream you can always begin it because boldness has genius, power and magic in it
  • Kaguli
  • Irregular
  • 87 posts
  • Reputation 43
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • Power in a refined form
May 10 2014 2:48 pm

Sounds like a good fix for that, and the issue a while ago of 10k nw players having their flagship blown up by others.

• Darigone
  • Irregular
  • 34 posts
  • Reputation 13
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • BLOP BLEP BLOB
May 10 2014 2:53 pm

will there be a max on the bonus? If not then the whole larger force of the high powers would be established that much more. The balance would get even worse.

• Shadowing
  • Devoted
  • 1440 posts
  • Reputation 240
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
May 10 2014 10:29 pm

Yah their will be a max. I'm thinking now of just having it effect mother ships

• Darigone
  • Irregular
  • 34 posts
  • Reputation 13
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • BLOP BLEP BLOB
May 11 2014 1:27 am

That's would be a good idea. After all they do cost more, and deliver less attack than the equal value of DG. Granted MS can move from planet to planet on there own. The situation still bodes. You might even bump the cost in relation to it. Such as lowing the amount of DG it can have.

• Lesnmore
  • Irregular
  • 103 posts
  • Reputation 24
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
May 11 2014 3:13 am

Instead of using an existing type of ship why not develop a unique unit whose only purpose is to increase the hp's of the fs? This would increase the cost of using the fs. The fs could begin with very little hp and gradually increase as the X units are purchased.

Just a thought!

• Darigone
  • Irregular
  • 34 posts
  • Reputation 13
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • BLOP BLEP BLOB
May 11 2014 6:12 pm

That just seems like an extra step you don't need. Might as well just try to keep it simple.

• Doctorzoidberg
  • Irregular
  • 95 posts
  • Reputation 51
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
May 11 2014 10:12 pm

Good idea.

How about, the flag ships will be able to do 1 attack, like a death star type deal, it can make 1 attack against a planets forces, and it uses a tech to either win/fail the attack. So the FS would be mainly used to carry around lots of troops that increase its HP and defend it, whist attacking enemy, And the FS has a attack that may succeed or fail depending on your Luck or "tech"

Like a Base Star with only 1 lazer.

• Khnum
  • Irregular
  • 24 posts
  • Reputation 18
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • I
Aug 29 2014 9:24 am

In fact, the flagship is easily destroyed if there is coordinated well or you have the right ships in sufficient numbers. Of course those who lose the flagship we say that it loses a lot of prestige, and I would not mind creating the "vassal" of the loser to the winner. Or create the rank of "Underlord of ..." for at least 1 month after the defeat. The resources accumulated by the loser will remain the owner of 90% and the remaining 10% will go to its winner.

[1] 2 Next >>