• Endersshadow
  • Irregular
  • 73 posts
  • Reputation 51
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • Fear the Ashrak
May 09 2014 5:58 am

well after what I have seen just after station update and what I have heard and been told by my ashrak I belive before anymore big updates shadowing needs to address the multi issue. a lot of people have and still do use their multis not just for Jaffa attacks but slave Naq and now station farms. this has to end cuz it unbalances the game even more then the market. shadowing you need to clear all multis and anyone found to use multis should have both accts and depositarys wiped out. let it be like a come forward admit and reset the multi and never use it again have a grace period of like a few days after that they all die. this has to be done to hell even solve the willy problem to. no where for him to hide. guys plz agree with me and help demand something be done.

Worship the TACO or face it
  • Hamiler
  • Irregular
  • 127 posts
  • Reputation 77
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • Hold Fast
May 09 2014 5:59 am

yes please

Leader of the Asgard Fleet
  • Rade93
  • Irregular
  • 12 posts
  • Reputation 0
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • I love 26horses Productions
May 09 2014 6:03 am

Yeah... except there is no sur way to do so without just looking at and banning accounts from the same IP address. And seeing as legitimate people play this game using the same IP address, this isn't a valid plan.

• Endersshadow
  • Irregular
  • 73 posts
  • Reputation 51
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • Fear the Ashrak
May 09 2014 6:05 am

that's the thing may be unfair but without proof other that abuse the system have ruined it for everyone else

• Doctorzoidberg
  • Irregular
  • 95 posts
  • Reputation 51
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
May 09 2014 6:08 am

Could make it a Duel login, You login, and choose your profile, so each player could have 2 accounts if they wanted, But game would block your IP from any other profile you try to make, As for people who use proxys, theirs ways to detect the IP of a proxy, their are lists on the webs with the IP's that proxy websites use, and TOR can be blocked by denying access to people whos IP changes every 10 min or so. as tor changes its ip like every page refresh now.

• Rade93
  • Irregular
  • 12 posts
  • Reputation 0
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
May 09 2014 6:09 am

So you're saying screw the legitimate players who happen to have the same IP address? How kind you are.

Bottom line, while as nice as your idealistic suggestion is, it is not practical, and would ruin the game for many legitimate players such as myself who have friends and family that play on the same computer or internet connection. As such, Shadowing will never do so. There are other solutions to false, multiple accounts than simply wiping them all.

• Endersshadow
  • Irregular
  • 73 posts
  • Reputation 51
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • Fear the Ashrak
May 09 2014 6:13 am

I know it's unfair and that's why like now if you use same ip and comp shadowing tells you to let him know for that reason be honest about it. but I remember William841 telling me something almost exactly the same once. but bottom line like I said come clean with shadowing and he'll keep your main acct and if you have friends/family that play on same comp just tell him he understands.

• Rade93
  • Irregular
  • 12 posts
  • Reputation 0
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
May 09 2014 6:16 am

Yes, but your suggestion was to call for the permanent ban on any accounts from the same IP, thus not allowing friends and family to join in the future. Your goal isnt wrong, but your suggested methods were far from right.

• Endersshadow
  • Irregular
  • 73 posts
  • Reputation 51
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • Fear the Ashrak
May 09 2014 6:16 am

I never said perma ban

• Rade93
  • Irregular
  • 12 posts
  • Reputation 0
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
May 09 2014 6:19 am

Your suggestion to always remove anyone, present or future, who has a "multi", whether legitimate or not, is effectively a permanent ban on same IP accounts.

• Endersshadow
  • Irregular
  • 73 posts
  • Reputation 51
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • Fear the Ashrak
May 09 2014 6:23 am

no jus wipe the accts reset them of any multi. that's one person not two. if two shadowing should be told and it would be fine I know a few that do that now but you have to tell shadowing and they can't benefit from each other much

• Rade93
  • Irregular
  • 12 posts
  • Reputation 0
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
May 09 2014 6:26 am

And, again, you're back to wiping the accounts of potentially legitimate players. Not everyone like myself informs Shadowing as to our relation with others sharing our IP addresses. Some may not realize its something that needs to be explained. Your proposed solution to the infestation of false accounts is too simplistic to work in this situation.

[1] 2 Next >>