26horses Forum
  • Cakes
  • Enthusiast
  • 258 posts
  • Reputation 15
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
Apr 06 2014 4:58 pm

I think everyone that was here before the reset can agree that it was WAYYYY more fun pre-reset. Most of that was because there was no in game store. But instead of complaining about it I will give a solution.

Keep this server running where those who want to have an in game store can stay

But create a new server that has a MONTHLY membership fee, which can be up to you for the cost.

Also in this server there can be loads of creative ways to make money without selling naq, get some writers together and make an official daily news that players can subscribe to for cheap. Sell tech resets (something harmless like that). PLEASE POST OTHER IDEAS BELOW.

Also I saw someone suggest not making naq so easy to obtain. A mothership should be hard to get!! In this new server make naq production way slower!

• Kaguli
  • Irregular
  • 87 posts
  • Reputation 43
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • Power in a refined form
Apr 06 2014 5:01 pm

The problem you're attempting to address is that some people are not prepared to spend money on this game. So they don't buy the naq and can't keep up with the players who do.

How do you imagine that forcing everyone to pay just to play the game would help that situation?

All this will accomplish is wasting time making a new server that no one will play on.

• Cakes
  • Enthusiast
  • 258 posts
  • Reputation 15
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
Apr 06 2014 5:06 pm

Thats not true, if they dont want to pay they stay on this server.

• Kaguli
  • Irregular
  • 87 posts
  • Reputation 43
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • Power in a refined form
Apr 06 2014 5:15 pm

That's my point; they all will.

• Adadad
  • Irregular
  • 58 posts
  • Reputation 25
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • yarg
Apr 06 2014 9:10 pm

so when you dont have any money to play you can either play on a server with a monthly charge or play on the same server that you were just complaining about people buying tons of things from the store in? do you think about your ideas 1st or just kinda spew them out into text?!

• Progeekzy
  • Irregular
  • 110 posts
  • Reputation 66
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • Hates pay to win games.
Apr 06 2014 9:16 pm

What i could see working is 1 server with in game market that is how it is now and 1 server without the market or being able to buy power. Not a monthly sub or anything. no.

Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup!
  • Doctorzoidberg
  • Irregular
  • 95 posts
  • Reputation 51
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • I love 26horses Productions
Apr 07 2014 12:54 am

i worked for a video game for a while

And i can tell you this, Once a store is implemented into the game, its hard to do any resets of players who have purchased items, Because it becomes a Legal matter that you are taking away products players have purchased, And if it happened, Many of these players would leave the game, and then you have no source of income.

The game is doing fine.

The Only problem is the lack of community, It needs more players, SO the game can be more diverse.

More players = More Money, More To attack, It will Dilute the community, to a point where you wont know who is or is not spending money, and it wont matter.

We can only hope that shadowing is spending our Money wisely on advertising, So the community does not die out.

• Adadad
  • Irregular
  • 58 posts
  • Reputation 25
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • yarg
Apr 07 2014 11:55 am

hopefully after races go in the adverts will come back and a bunch of fresh meat will come join the game lol

• Lesnmore
  • Irregular
  • 103 posts
  • Reputation 24
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
Apr 08 2014 6:05 am

Doctor, no cause for rudeness! Cakes has every right to post like anyone else. There are better ways to address an issue. Pointing out flaws, allowing one to grow in their thinking, are examples.

I had an overwhelming desire to be rude to you. (I truly disdain people who put others down!) I was going to mention how rudeness is closely related to a low IQ. Then I thought of mentioning how people with poor family dynamics, like incest, are usually rude. But then I decided why bother? You probably would not grasp the logic in a complex, or multiple idea reply. Besides that, too, would be rude. No sense in being rude now, is there?

And, Doctor, do not speak for others. Speak only for yourself and whomever has delegated their free speech to your care. I have not, nor am I likely to do so in the foreseeable future. Thank you!

Kaguli, you are correct. You must have a high IQ. You were able to point out weaknesses in Cakes logic without insults. I gave you an honerable for that!

Cakes, continue posting. We live in free countries, afterall.

• Cakes
  • Enthusiast
  • 258 posts
  • Reputation 15
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
Apr 09 2014 1:18 am

Yeah really didn't appreciate that comment doctor. I don't see anybody else posting topics or ideas so I will post as I see fit. I get it you don't like my idea no need to insult me. And for the record shadowing was the one who told me he was considering this idea.

• Lesnmore
  • Irregular
  • 103 posts
  • Reputation 24
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
Apr 09 2014 3:36 am

Lol, Cakes, if I could give you multiple honorable mentions I would! That last post was superb!

I still do not think your idea would work. I just do not see incentive for people to move over to a subscription server when, if they have the ability to spend money, they have the current in game market. And for people like me, who have no money, paying a month,y fee would be impossible.

(I go into the market almost daily and drool over the packages! What I wouldn't do for $35 or $40! But I am unemployed with one boy in college and credit cards almost maxed out. My wife, and my stipend from disability, are our sole source of income. I mention this only because many others are in similar circumstances where paying is not an option.)

So, I think you have a beginning dialog point. Now others need to build, with your input, on this to come up with a workable plan.

That is called brainstorming. And it wprks when there is no fear of negative criticism. Positive criticism, after the initial basement building block is in place is encouraged. (Emphasis on positive!)

• Doctorzoidberg
  • Irregular
  • 95 posts
  • Reputation 51
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
Apr 09 2014 4:11 am

no rudeness intended.

Obviously cake does not know how to use the forums, and he should learn before he posts.

Their was nothing Rude posted.

And i cant take someone with -12 Honor seriously, Obviously the community does not agree with you, or your values.

The idea that was given by cake, was bunk, and i gave a detailed post about why it was, witch was not mentioned in your post, it was ignored, and it was instead Sidetracked by your absurd comments about rudeness.

[1] 2 Next >>