• Patersin
  • Irregular
  • 14 posts
  • Reputation 7
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • I'm new!
Apr 02 2014 4:41 am

Right now this is not a game. And it really hurts to say but at the moment its a social club. One that requires you to spend money inorder to get, well, anywhere. Be it in status, planets, buildings, tech, units, ect. While i know there are those that really grind it out; they are few and far between. And because of this, its dying a slow death. One in which races and fancy new aesthetic wont save it from.

First, A really good combat and status system has been hindered by alliances. Most players cant attack without fear of total destruction. This forces whole alliances to go after far weaker ones or just a single player. There was a point in which the only way to gain top tier status was through farming sister alliances. Since that has been stopped, how many of us have gained high level rank? Like ten? Five of which are warlords?

So with combat out of the quesion, what is there to do in game? Oh right, nothing. I do realize that with the soon to release of different species/classes and an increase in planet cap there will be a few scuffles. Two weeks, thats my guess until it settles down, back into the daily nothing. Do you know why? the store! Why grind and play a fun wargame fighting over turf and bashing each others heads in? because you can just expand real fast, buy protection, buy building credits, buy naq, buy fleets, buy ect. No pain, all gain.

No challenge = No game

Sadness for every Stargate fan finding this.

The program Shadowing has created is amazing, no doubt. The time an effort seems to come from a true passion for both Stargate as a whole and coding/programming. I do realize that creating new content is a time consuming process and that time means money. But certain things have gone to far. The store from the get go was always an iffy undertaking. As it stands, completely exploitable. The very foundations of this game have been forgotten. The grind and passion people put into a game is what makes it so fun. Right now its...

The end.

Eliphas -
Slayer of Slaves, Taker of Skins, Violater of Wraith Hands, Wearer of Mittens
Founder of the Coalition, Keeper of CRAZY SH IT SAID IN CHAT!

Status = ???

Shout out to all my friends, Ra8472, Voldemort, Marius, Atum, Demo, Ender, Olek, Arma, Elb, Chepri, Curly, Ulysses, Lzar, Binar, Kynell.

Special Shout Out to friends long past, Thrace, Palpy and Mittens!

P.S. if you ever find yourself playing Swtor or Sto. hit me up on my public/spam email, patersin@gmail.com

• Kaarramma
  • Irregular
  • 47 posts
  • Reputation 27
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • Nefertiti (you figure it out!)
Apr 02 2014 4:46 am

(MEH)...you failed to see that this is a working BETA, think of the buying as we are investing into something YET to be finished. There are a lot of players who have not invested a dime and are doing well, so before you flame and give bad reviews think. Sry you had a bad experience but that just how the cards fall.

Life begins as a spark, I am the mother of many more to come!
  • Patersin
  • Irregular
  • 14 posts
  • Reputation 7
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • I'm new!
Apr 02 2014 4:49 am

lol iv been around since before reset. and its not a bad review. literally one thing is killing the game. too much store. and iv done my share of the buying. in fact, i really did buy the game. when you could.

• Doctorzoidberg
  • Irregular
  • 95 posts
  • Reputation 51
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • I love 26horses Productions
Apr 02 2014 5:15 am

Videogames are not free, the Monthly charges just to host the game on a server can be as little as 500$

In other games, they are more well known, and their are hundreds of thousands of players, And only say 500 of those players pay, Ok yes they may be on the top of the game, But they keep the game alive for those other 250,000 or more

As it stands, players are aggravated, because they see big players, getting bigger, But they dont realize without them, Their are no new updates, their is No game.

When the game becomes more diverse, and we have more players, You will see everything level out, At the moment, i bet their is only 5 players who constantly spend money every week.

• Cjamieson99
  • Respected
  • 640 posts
  • Reputation 203
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • LET'S GET THOSE TERRORISTS!
Apr 02 2014 5:27 am

Shadowing should change it so that you can only make one or 2 purchases a day and maybe every ten or fifteen purchases everyone gets 1 advanced tech?

Kelac! #1 cheater in the game, but you'll never catch me!
  • Kynell
  • Enthusiast
  • 240 posts
  • Reputation 127
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
Apr 02 2014 8:35 am

agree with you the game is all about making money now and the biggest wallet wins, its gone to far and taken the fun out of the game and ruined it, it is no longer a stargate game it is now a social building game and can only win if your wallet is big enough but then personally if I was making 1000$ a day of you people I would stop caring about the game aswell and let my money roll in lol.

will be sad to see you go u are a valuable and good game member whos been playing since the start if u can keep ur account and check in from time to time and if game gets better again come bck and start playing again :)

• Progeekzy
  • Irregular
  • 110 posts
  • Reputation 66
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • Hates pay to win games.
Apr 02 2014 4:17 pm

http://www.26horses.com/forum/?page=topic&data=882&page_link=1

I understand that a game needs to make money. And you ether need to make people to pay to play out right or put in a in game market. With in game markets there is a right way and a wrong way to do it. This is the wrong way.

Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup!
  • Draggard
  • Irregular
  • 23 posts
  • Reputation 11
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • "Omnia sponte fluant; absit violentiarebus"
Apr 02 2014 7:42 pm

Sad to see you go, but it happens. I also feel the same, though i'm fighting to stay afloat still. Sure it's a Beta and still not done, but what happens when it's done? Come to think of it, that question has never really been addressed. It'll never be officially "done", if it reaches an acceptable point what then? It's a difficult thing to manage, empowering players and still making it fun for all. Perhaps things will change with the upcoming updates, maybe they won't. I guess those that stick around will see.

May the wind forever blow in your favor,

-Atum

Supreme Commander Atum
  • Lesnmore
  • Irregular
  • 103 posts
  • Reputation 24
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
Apr 03 2014 6:39 am

The only part of this post I agree with is the difficulty in gaining status points. There are too many treaties between alliances: Sister alliances and NAP's. I find someone, go to my alliance's forum, only to discover I cannot attack them!

It is not those who buy from the store who are killing the game. It is our alliance leaders who make peace with so many other alliances. This is a war game, but there are times I think it is more a peace game!

Keep the store. Those who purchase pay for people, like myself, who cannot afford to purchase so the game continues to grow!

Get rid of so many treaties. Have some type of limit on sister alliances and NAP'S.

• Kynell
  • Enthusiast
  • 240 posts
  • Reputation 127
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
Apr 03 2014 9:02 am

les u are a idiot, for that post I have had to give u a dishonourable.

• Forgottenwarrior
  • Irregular
  • 41 posts
  • Reputation 29
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
Apr 03 2014 5:52 pm

Les, this is not a game of "war" this is a game of power and galactic dominance through any means necessary. We are supposed to scheme and plot, ally with others and secure our dominance so that we may grow and become the most dominant.

• Lesnmore
  • Irregular
  • 103 posts
  • Reputation 24
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
Apr 08 2014 5:37 am

Kynell may be right. There are times I am an idiot. After reading and re-reading the posts, though I have no issue with pocket lords as they are called, the pay-and-play people do seem to be destroying the game. Too many players seem to be leaving, or threatening to leave, the game.

When I am wrong, I am wrong!

[1] 2 Next >>