• Scurvydog2
  • Irregular
  • 50 posts
  • Reputation 4
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • i think shadowing should act like an ancient
Feb 23 2014 4:56 am

i think it might be a good idea to add a feature to be able to find the nearest planet owned by a player it could take time and or stamina based on the distance i know there is a way to find planets owned by a player but that requires finding one of their planets by luck

fighting for the players right to choose how they play
  • Aldinach
  • Irregular
  • 48 posts
  • Reputation 8
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • Shel nok.
Feb 23 2014 5:06 am

Half the point is having to hunt down the players on your own.

It's not as difficult as it sounds; it just requires more than 30 seconds worth of effort.

Making a planet finder would be a mistake. It's fine the way it is.

Plenty of people are continuously relocating their planets periodically to make themselves more difficult to find, it is NOT hard to hunt someone down if you're willing to actually search.

Making a tool for lazy people not to have to work for it would just be stupid. If you want to attack someone, you SHOULD have to spend time and effort finding them.

Mekta satak Oz!
  • Scurvydog2
  • Irregular
  • 50 posts
  • Reputation 4
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
Feb 23 2014 5:29 am

you say its easy but if you would do the math you would know that even at the best chance where they have 5 planets there is still only a .1% of any given planet being owned by the player you are looking for there are 3200 planets in the game forgive me for wanting a way to not spend an hour looking for a single player also a player finder is perfectly realistic dynamic due to the fact that if you were looking for someone you would send your spys to listen for clues on their location. i would glad with even a general area

• Armyskydiver
  • Irregular
  • 59 posts
  • Reputation 30
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • I love 26horses Productions
Feb 23 2014 10:32 am

I agree with Ald. With the roles flipped...you piss someone off. They can wipe you out in a matter of minutes....vice actually having to spend time searching those 3200 stars to find you.

I don't support creating this.

• Scurvydog2
  • Irregular
  • 50 posts
  • Reputation 4
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
Feb 23 2014 4:36 pm

as i said it would only find the closest planet and if someone can destroy you in a matter of minutes heres a hint don't make them mad

• Armyskydiver
  • Irregular
  • 59 posts
  • Reputation 30
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
Feb 23 2014 8:43 pm

Anger doesn't necessarily fuel someone being attacked. But doing what you propose with throw the balance off in the game.

• Indo91
  • Irregular
  • 1 posts
  • Reputation 0
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
Feb 24 2014 2:20 pm

i actually support this idea

• Lorddougy
  • Irregular
  • 138 posts
  • Reputation 0
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • You should recognise the name in your attack logs
Feb 24 2014 10:41 pm

I dont, man up.
If you really want to find someone, get help or check the 400 pages. Just need to find 1 planet to find the rest.

• Aldinach
  • Irregular
  • 48 posts
  • Reputation 8
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • Shel nok.
Feb 26 2014 1:12 pm

Exactly.

Yes, it requires effort to find someone's planet by going sector by sector. So what? If anything, that makes the game more realistic.

The number of planets is immaterial. You either want to find the player badly enough, or you don't.

Adding a tool so you don't have to put forth any effort is just stupid.

Do the work, find one planet belonging to the player, and run an infiltration mission to locate their other planets.

If you won't do the work to find even one planet on your own, you have no business getting the locations, period.

Mekta satak Oz!
  • Adadad
  • Irregular
  • 58 posts
  • Reputation 25
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • yarg
Feb 26 2014 2:07 pm

pfft i think finding peoples planets should be made harder not easier... any fool with an hour to kill can easily go sector by sector, they should make it so you have to actually goto the planets either by ship or gate, that would be more realistic, its not like we can look at other planets in telescopes and find random aliens living there and just know thats where they are and their name

• Lesnmore
  • Irregular
  • 103 posts
  • Reputation 24
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
Feb 28 2014 12:18 am

Bad idea. As it is much effort and concentration is necessary to find all 5 planets if common sense is used in picking planets. I have spent an hour searching and finding only 4 out of 5.

• Scurvydog2
  • Irregular
  • 50 posts
  • Reputation 4
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
Mar 03 2014 6:13 pm

for those of you saying just spend an hour finding the planet i would like to point out that i wrote a bot to register all planets and it took me 12hr to register them all