26horses Forum
  • Ziegenbagel
  • Irregular
  • 40 posts
  • Reputation 3
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • O'Neill: For this, you can stay at my place.
Feb 20 2014 9:17 pm

An idea that i have seen many like is that while you are seiging someone that you can gain a percentage of their planets Naq production per cycle. Weather it is a flat rate or can be increased by some kind of tech it gives a little more incentive to siege other than just for status. The amount earned from planets you seige being deposited into your depository. Even something like %25 of naq production per cycle would be nice. Plus it still allows person being seiged to earn Naq but you are taking part of the profits while you are there.

O'Neill: So help me, if I wake up and I'm singing soprano...
  • Lesnmore
  • Irregular
  • 103 posts
  • Reputation 24
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • I love 26horses Productions
Feb 22 2014 4:11 am

I like this idea. It seems more realistic. Just because a planet is under attack it would not cease productive processes. As for the attacker stealing resources, that makes sense. Usually when someone successfully attackes an opponent some form of spoils folliws besides just prestige (status).

• Rade93
  • Irregular
  • 12 posts
  • Reputation 0
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
Feb 26 2014 10:25 pm

I would also like to see this idea implemented, and I know of others who share this thought. It's illogical that all the naq on a planet you siege would disappear once you take it over. Naq is a valuable resource, and any conquering army would quickly take all they can get.

Personally, I feel something like this should be implemented before other updates such as races and advanced buildings and the like. Before adding new things, the systems that are already in place should be improved and perfected.

• Rade93
  • Irregular
  • 12 posts
  • Reputation 0
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
Feb 26 2014 10:25 pm

I would also like to see this idea implemented, and I know of others who share this thought. It's illogical that all the naq on a planet you siege would disappear once you take it over. Naq is a valuable resource, and any conquering army would quickly take all they can get.

Personally, I feel something like this should be implemented before other updates such as races and advanced buildings and the like. Before adding new things, the systems that are already in place should be improved and perfected.

• Lorddougy
  • Irregular
  • 138 posts
  • Reputation 0
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • You should recognise the name in your attack logs
Feb 27 2014 6:51 am

I think there should be a clause in the seiging tho that meant you cant get naq from someone more than 1 status away from you. This would stop big players from just sitting on the smaller players.

• Rade93
  • Irregular
  • 12 posts
  • Reputation 0
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
Feb 27 2014 9:02 pm

I don't disagree with that. It should be no different than how you gain status. You gain more naq for the higher level you siege, and less naq for the lower. If someone is two ranks lower than yourself, you shouldn't gain any. Just like status; simple and effective.

• Ziegenbagel
  • Irregular
  • 40 posts
  • Reputation 3
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
Mar 01 2014 8:43 am

I've already had a very long talk with Shadowing on this subject with involving different % amounts that you would get of Naq production per cycle them sieging a planet. The % dependent on how much lower or higher someone's status is to yours. Also talked about a possible time limit on this also when you start to loss a certain amount of the percentage every few hours or day so that someone wont just siege them forever. Also that the percentage is only a percentage of that sieged planets naq production per cycle that is deposited into the depository/home-world. And while someone is being sieged they are able to continue producing the remaining percentage. Example: A sieges B, A is receiving 25% of the sieged planets naq production per cycle. B is continuing to produce at 75% naq per cycle. (But is just unable to move it from that planet until Siege has ended.

Following is list of possible percentage of naq earner per cycle sieging a world dependent on the status of those you attack. (Lop line is the attacker's status, Left line is defenders Status as siege)

Derision:Dreadful:Goa'uld:Lord:Ruler:Eminence:Overlord:Imper:Emper:God

Derision: 10% 9% 8% 7% 6% 5% 4% 3% 2% 1%
Dreadful: 20% 10% 9% 8% 7% 6% 5% 4% 3% 2%
Goa'uld: 30% 20% 10% 9% 8% 7% 6% 5% 4% 3%
Lord: 40% 30% 20% 10% 9% 8% 7% 6% 5% 4%
Ruler: 50% 40% 30% 20% 10% 9% 8% 7% 6% 5%
Eminence: 60% 50% 40% 30% 20% 10% 9% 8% 7% 6%
Overlord: 70% 60% 50% 40% 30% 20% 10% 9% 8% 7%
Imperator: 80% 70% 60% 50% 40% 30% 20% 10% 9% 8%
Emperor: 90% 80% 70% 60% 50% 40% 30% 20% 10% 9%
God: 100% 90% 80% 70% 60% 50% 40% 30% 20% 10%

With You losing 1% of your siege percentage of naq production per hour that you are sieging.

• Ziegenbagel
  • Irregular
  • 40 posts
  • Reputation 3
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
Mar 01 2014 8:44 am

Well, that didnt show graph quite how I wrote it, but you get the point!

• Sobek
  • Irregular
  • 46 posts
  • Reputation 7
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • So 2 Unas and a Rabbi walk into a bar . .
Mar 03 2014 5:23 pm

Per original post: LOVE this idea!

2ic: Shadows Dragoons (Original TFO, founded Aschen Empire and Volian Union)
  • Lordwayob
  • Irregular
  • 34 posts
  • Reputation 19
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • If you can't beat 'em barbecue 'em
Mar 05 2014 2:10 am

Ziegenbagel, great idea!

I think the siege naq overall adds more realism and drive to the game, and per Ziegenbagel's idea it would diminish over time, thus encouraging migration.

It also up the importance of alliances, which would become a matter of economic as well as status and military security.

BLOOD BLOOD BLOOD BLOOD BLOOD BLOOD BLOOD BLOOD BLOOD