• Adadad
  • Irregular
  • 58 posts
  • Reputation 25
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • yarg
Feb 18 2014 3:54 pm

so i just thought of an idea while looking at another thread and figured id make a new one here to get on topic feed back.

i propose that shadowing becomes the only Asgard on the server since we all know they are over powered, but considering that he is over powered he could also be a source of advanced tech.

in my idea i picture special events where the entire galaxy tries to attack/subdue shadowing maybe once or twice a month, at the end of these events players can be rewarded advanced tech (maybe 1 to 5 points) based on how much damage they did to the Asgard/Shadowing forces. but of course as you might expect attacking an Asgard fleet would be pretty ballsie and would naturally come with the risk of losing everything you sent at him and getting nothing in return except tears and a casualty report.

• Shadowing
  • Devoted
  • 1440 posts
  • Reputation 240
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • Captain of the boat or captain of the Sea?
Feb 18 2014 3:56 pm

how are the asgard over powered? mean due to storyline of the race?

What ever you can do or dream you can always begin it because boldness has genius, power and magic in it
  • Adadad
  • Irregular
  • 58 posts
  • Reputation 25
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • yarg
Feb 18 2014 3:59 pm

yea because of the story line i assumed they would be too OP to be a normally played class ... not to mention this direct qoute from you "Asgard can't be in the game. Their tech would be way to good." ;)

EDIT: i just figured the idea might be worth looking into, not only will it give people something todo by having fun beating up on the admin, but it will also give you the ability to compare different races/personalities with each other in a controlled environment so you can better balance the game play

• Ziegenbagel
  • Irregular
  • 40 posts
  • Reputation 3
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • O'Neill: For this, you can stay at my place.
Feb 19 2014 2:27 am

If you actually read the entire other thread you would have found that Shadowing and I came to a consensus of an Asgard story for the game that would make sense and make them not be OP.

"We could call them Asgard and say they are in the milky way with limited resources. Around this time frame"

Which makes sense being that is how the Asgard started when coming to the Milky Way Galaxy, they didn't come in full force, they came as little groups that set up little settlements to help in protecting human populations from the Goa'uld threat.

O'Neill: So help me, if I wake up and I'm singing soprano...
  • Adadad
  • Irregular
  • 58 posts
  • Reputation 25
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • yarg
Feb 19 2014 3:05 am

lol could replace it with any other very advanced race though, not really sure how else advanced tech is supposed to be earned :P

• Quinonesnonce
  • Irregular
  • 1 posts
  • Reputation 0
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • I love 26horses Productions
Feb 21 2014 1:53 am

story line hey... Asgard were nearly destroyed by replicators right? and this game is based 1000 years before the story line we all seen... there for can you just make up another race/bug/illness/virus that could lower an asgard's defense allowing us to attack, Not the entire race but maybe a planet or two to be allowed to be sieged... and maybe get points/tech/naq for the siege... just a thought.

• Kynell
  • Enthusiast
  • 240 posts
  • Reputation 127
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
Feb 21 2014 4:17 pm

I totally agree with this idea all attack shadowing!! haha

• Lesnmore
  • Irregular
  • 103 posts
  • Reputation 24
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
Feb 22 2014 4:24 am

This suggestion has merit. It could create interest in both the serious player trying to advance strength, and the less serious player who thinks attacking a dev would be a fun way to vent frustration with any game played in the past. The amount of loss would have to be balanced by the level of player attacking to prevent frustration of the less serious player if used to promote "midway" interest. (You would not want players to leave the game because of losses. That would defeat purpose as visioned in this post.)

• Kaarramma
  • Irregular
  • 47 posts
  • Reputation 27
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • Nefertiti (you figure it out!)
Feb 23 2014 3:46 am

Hi, I thought I might add to this topic since recently watching some of the seasons of SG1stargate. Maybe and this is an idea, that the player who choose the asgard race will be handycapped and only be able to defend inside there own area's or only attack a planet that has been taken away. In essence they would have there very own Asgard (galaxie)>obviously sharing it with the fur-lings too which are not aggressive, see my point. This would limit those who think they would have this huge advantage, and be more cannon too.:?

Life begins as a spark, I am the mother of many more to come!