• Xxdexterxx
  • Enthusiast
  • 206 posts
  • Reputation 2
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • *Sigh* Dominating the Galaxy. Do not disturb. :P
Feb 13 2014 9:40 pm

I feel that the words "building" and "limit" give a negative feel to its purpose. People don't like feeling limited, it's never really seen as a good thing by the majority.

Therefore I'm suggesting a change to the way building as constructed on a planet.

Firstly, the building limit would be scrapped. Instead, all planets will be given a set size of 400 space (this can be further tweaked by the developers.

Secondly, each structure would be given a set size. For most, this would be either one or two, but for some structures, such as fortresses (their name implies they'd be large), their size could increase to three, four, maybe even five or six.

I feel that implementing this idea will do two things:

1) Remove the negativity surrounding the "limit".

2) Create more interesting game-play, by changing the way the amount of structures are constructed on a planet. For example, if a fortress was size three, then building a hundred of them on a Large planet would only leave me enough space for a hundred or fifty Naquadah Mines, depending on their size.

Please give me feedback on this, as I'd really like it to be improved as much as possible so it could one day help System Lords become a better game.

Constructive criticism only, please.

Thanks.

Changelog:

Edit #1: Fixed typo.
Edit #2: Removed varying sizes of planets.

• Kynell
  • Enthusiast
  • 240 posts
  • Reputation 127
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • I love 26horses Productions
Feb 13 2014 9:47 pm

sorry dude don't think this will work for the main reason wouldn't be fair to low level players as all us big players and big alliances will take all the big planets and crush low level players to get them.

wouldn't be fair to everyone.

• Xxdexterxx
  • Enthusiast
  • 206 posts
  • Reputation 2
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • *Sigh* Dominating the Galaxy. Do not disturb. :P
Feb 13 2014 9:57 pm

Now there's a point. I hadn't thought of that when planning this out.

To be fair, there aren't two planets in our galaxy that are exactly the same size, so keeping all planets the same size would be unrealistic. However, I do understand that in this case, fairness would be more important that realism.

Therefore, consider the varying sizes scrapped.

Thanks for your feedback. :)

• Kynell
  • Enthusiast
  • 240 posts
  • Reputation 127
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • I love 26horses Productions
Feb 13 2014 10:50 pm

no problem mate and yes realistic cant always work in a game because of making it fair to all and also has to be good game play aswell but keep the ideas coming tho :)