• Stargate1990
  • Irregular
  • 21 posts
  • Reputation 5
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • I love 26horses Productions
Jan 31 2014 5:59 am

When a planet is being sieged your not able to build or produce anything.
My first idea was maybe sieging should only cut production and my second idea was maybe the cost of units could be doubled or tripled during occupatuion instead of preventing units from being built.

• Stargate1990
  • Irregular
  • 21 posts
  • Reputation 5
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
Jan 31 2014 6:03 am

If the game galaxy is increased steadily as more players come maybe we should be able to lock a single world from being taken over, that planet would be your stronghold and prevent you from being killed off.

• Jokoci
  • Irregular
  • 34 posts
  • Reputation 2
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • Dislike that!
Jan 31 2014 2:59 pm

I am sorry but killing someone is the point of a PVP game.
You could make a world that is harder to take but never one that is "not to take at all"!

About sieges and what players should be able to do with their own planets that are under siege:
If you would be able to build new troops on a sieged planet there had to be a fight whenever this unit is build or a new fight had to be initiated from one of the players. That is not fair for the sieging player, imagining the options of the depository it becomes just rediculous. That doesnt make sense with the way fighting works in general atm.

However I think it would be ok to have a limited naq- and slaveproduction on a sieged planet (maybe shadowing could lower the effectivness of a sieged planet to 33% or so instead of shutting it down completely).
That way you dont have access to the planet and its rescources as long as it is sieged, but when you clear it, the planet wasnt useless all the time.

• Stargate1990
  • Irregular
  • 21 posts
  • Reputation 5
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
Jan 31 2014 3:55 pm

Maybe instead of allowing instant takeover of a planet there should be a certain length of time that the planet needs to be sieged before takeover.

The only reason I think we should be able to build units while being sieged is if all your worlds are being sieged there should be someway to get out of it. Maybe there should be a button escape world, maybe only on stargate worlds, where you randomly go to a vacant world.

• Shade3130
  • Irregular
  • 71 posts
  • Reputation 24
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • Guess my real identity.
Feb 03 2014 5:08 am

Generally i would incline to agree with you, but as Jokoci has stated it is not the way the mechanics work.

although I like the idea of occupation we can break out from. it does not conform to the concept of Goa'uld culture (which the game is based on significantly) at least until the new races are incorporated. Even then, the system mechanic will most likely stay as is:

dominate, takeover, destroy, kill, re-emerge under old/new name (host/character), cycle continues.

another player had a similar idea. Unfortunately, it's a fruit of demand. Whatever works for the majority (Shadowing's vision for game and player's fun factor) is what drives the game. It's no different than starting a company and selling a product. game has to sell.

Who knows, maybe Shadow has the vacant planet safguard ability on one of the 9 or more races he wants to add into game.

You guys must really hate me....