26horses Forum
  • Shadowing
  • Devoted
  • 1440 posts
  • Reputation 240
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • Captain of the boat or captain of the Sea?
Dec 07 2013 10:24 pm

I think the players who think mother ships are bad because they don't figure in the math of the repair rate of a ship that is that large

100k unit repairing in 5 days to full health
A mother ship is equal to 5000 Jaffa in attack points
So while the mother ship is repairing from 1 percent health to 100 percent health its the player is building 5000 Jaffa in 5 days. Which is 15,000 naqahdah in 5 days.

What ever you can do or dream you can always begin it because boldness has genius, power and magic in it
  • Jokoci
  • Irregular
  • 34 posts
  • Reputation 2
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • Dislike that!
Dec 07 2013 10:39 pm

Yeah ... the only thing i like to say to this is:
Can you implement a tab that shows their health not only when they are at home but even if they are on a mission ? That would be nice :)

• Shadowing
  • Devoted
  • 1440 posts
  • Reputation 240
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
Dec 07 2013 10:45 pm

Hey Jokoci thats getting added here with in a few days

What ever you can do or dream you can always begin it because boldness has genius, power and magic in it
  • Cakes
  • Enthusiast
  • 258 posts
  • Reputation 15
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
Dec 07 2013 10:54 pm

Good point that the repair rate does save a lot of naquadah, but isn't it the same for four alkesh? + alkesh can destroy buildings and you don't have to risk losing your res and naq while saving for a mother ship. Also mother ships can only be in one place at one time. And players get a sup point for destroying mother ships which makes them a target for stronger players. Mother ships are hard to use because if you have one it is the majority of your army and as soon as it becomes damaged you have to fly it around everywhere so it doesn't get destroyed.

My ideas:

Give the best unit in the game a special ability that isn't overpowered such as carrying gliders

Give the mother ship extra defense for the planet and less health loss when defending.

• Zirnitra
  • Irregular
  • 151 posts
  • Reputation 51
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • Black Dragon of Death
Dec 07 2013 11:32 pm

As Kynell said,. good idea if MS where not pants and made of tissue paper.

I do not know how many times I have to keep saying, using MS as just numbers is cack in fighting. 1 hatak vs 5 alkesh, it looses.....NO way.

Make them that they add bonuses !!!!.

Maybe a flag ship could be used to battle in space (but carries army units that add to the attack). The flag ship does never get destroyed, but does loose a % health and when it reaches less than 5% it is just docked) and cannot be used in attack until at least 30% health.

Have a tech tree for the MS. Like increase shields, increased speed, increased attack bonus, etc etc. But make it that you can follow a certain tech path so in the end you do not have an UBER MS, but will have a weakness some where (although not low).

Change the crystals to the eyes of Osiris, Seth, Tiamat, Apophis, Ra, and Thoth

Osiris gives you an higher degree of troop revival
Ra gives you an higher degree of slave output etc etc

• Shadowing
  • Devoted
  • 1440 posts
  • Reputation 240
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
Dec 08 2013 5:07 am

Ya I was going to give the crystals names

If a mother ship has no gliders then 4 bombers could take a mother ship out I'm pretty sure on the series.

There is no real point in making mother ship vs bombers logical since I'll never be able to make Jaffa vs bombers logical with out a major battle change.

Either way I do want to give mother ships some more stuff to separate it from the bomber and other units. I am really thinking about the glider thing

I really wanted this topic to be about mother ship vs small units though

• Zirnitra
  • Irregular
  • 151 posts
  • Reputation 51
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • Black Dragon of Death
Dec 08 2013 5:40 am

Ok, alkesh can never take out an hatak. Alkesh are bombers. They are no good for space flight. The Goauld use alkesh to soften up the ground forces first to help the Jaffa and seige jaffa to take the cities..

No goauld even took domains with alkesh

Hataks bomb bard planets destroying buildings. As I said, Hataks should add bonus to ground troops and keep them from being hit by jaffa/ground troops etc.

Alkesh are open game for ground units as these can be brought down quite easily as they have not very good shields.

Like I said, if the hatak adds bonus attack to ground force, then a well protected planet could survive and attack and win.

• Shadowing
  • Devoted
  • 1440 posts
  • Reputation 240
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
Dec 08 2013 6:51 am

Reason I feel I can't give mother ships bonus's against ground troops is cause a player starting out in the game is going to be building ground troops. Leaving them defenseless vs mother ships. The argument against that is yes they could build staff turrets up. On all their planets? that really hits their planets hard on choices on what to build. So that would slow the player up even more starting out if he has to have 100 staff turrets on each planet which is 1/3 of max buildings.

Then you are in a position where when you attack a planet with a mother ship you have to only use a mother ships? Or maybe bombers as well Since these vessels are getting a bonus vs ground units. That really narrows down the choices of attacking and strategy.

Some suggest a special building just to fight a mother ship. That idea just seems really bad. Mostly because of the same reasons above.

I think if the game conforms to logic it will even be so complicated of a game to understand when fighting :) or not very good due to narrowing the path choice of fighting. so idk lol.

• Zirnitra
  • Irregular
  • 151 posts
  • Reputation 51
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • Black Dragon of Death
Dec 08 2013 6:58 pm

Ok. Hows this.

Dom 1 players can only attack Dom 2 or lower
Dom 2 players can only attack Dom 2 to 3
Dom 3 players can only attack Dom 2 to 4
Dom 4 players can only attack Dom 2 to 5
Dom 5 players can only attack Dom 3 to 7
Dom 6 players can only attack Dom 3 to 9
Dom 7 players can only attack Dom 3 to 11
Dom 8 players can only attack Dom 4 to 13
Dom 9 players can only attack Dom 4 to 15 etc etc

Make it that players need to be at least dominion 3 to get a MS

This then will let the new players build up. You seem to forget that you are pushing new players getting planets quickly, but in essence, you push out too fast you do not have troops to protect planets.

The MS will not have 100,000 attack points. It will add bonus to troops/ships sent so it is in your best interest to send lots of troops as the MS will negate some ground buildings. Defenders have lots of bonus from turrets, stargates etc.

You need to balance new players vs old players.

• Kynell
  • Enthusiast
  • 240 posts
  • Reputation 127
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • I love 26horses Productions
Dec 09 2013 1:31 pm

the best option and idea is to put the motherhips back to wat the originally are the cost a lot and there powerfull that's how they should be also to keep motherships alive and worth building DO NOT add this stupid idea of flagship motherships in the game its to much work and changes and is pointless and will make motherships and practically all other units worthless to buy.

• Annubis
  • Irregular
  • 14 posts
  • Reputation 1
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
Dec 16 2013 5:45 am

i would like to think that you can build gliders or store gliders in MS so when you attack another MS you can see small ships leaving the MS to help with the fighting or helping with the attack on ground.

• Ashford68
  • Irregular
  • 41 posts
  • Reputation 4
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
Jan 25 2014 9:03 pm

there should be a 2 or 3 limit on mothership

[1] 2 Next >>