26horses Forum
  • Shadowing
  • Devoted
  • 1440 posts
  • Reputation 240
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • Captain of the boat or captain of the Sea?
Dec 06 2013 11:57 pm

I'm thinking about adding in flag ships into the game.

Flag ships won't cost anything to build but will slowly build over time.
Each player can only have 1. The flag ship will be 3 times the size of a mother ship.

There will be a separate technology tree for the flag ship only. Or maybe make it where you level the flag ship. I don't really like levels though.

I will then hide 10 crystals in the galaxy. If a player captures them all he will be able to place them in his flag ship making it super strong. Once its destroyed crystals will be reset in the galaxy.

Either way post some ideas and thoughts

What ever you can do or dream you can always begin it because boldness has genius, power and magic in it
  • Erikmodi
  • Irregular
  • 23 posts
  • Reputation 4
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • I love 26horses Productions
Dec 07 2013 12:46 am

The crystals idea kind of strikes me as "survival of the luckiest." Otherwise, interesting idea.

• Zippacna
  • Irregular
  • 31 posts
  • Reputation 5
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • I demand that the human stay on topic!
Dec 07 2013 7:12 am

The crystals idea would only work if everybody knows where they are, and you have to fight people over them

Zippacna
  • Shadowing
  • Devoted
  • 1440 posts
  • Reputation 240
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • Captain of the boat or captain of the Sea?
Dec 07 2013 7:55 am

Ya that's what I was thinking. Players would have to fight each other for them. Each player holding a single crystal could gain bonus's too maybe

What ever you can do or dream you can always begin it because boldness has genius, power and magic in it
  • Zippacna
  • Irregular
  • 31 posts
  • Reputation 5
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
Dec 07 2013 2:22 pm

Yeah the individual bonuses are a good idea

Zippacna
  • Kynell
  • Enthusiast
  • 240 posts
  • Reputation 127
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
Dec 07 2013 2:45 pm

personally I think its a completely bad idea to add it in all together no1 will build any motherships anymore they will become useless so will most units everyone will just build a huge flagship and just go round destroying everyone else for fun

• Jokoci
  • Irregular
  • 34 posts
  • Reputation 2
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • Dislike that!
Dec 07 2013 9:02 pm

I like the general idea of flagships.

Build over time (maybe with a mark in surveys that other people do on the planet that its building at), kristalls sound fun too.

I think it shouldnt be allowed to build one from start though. Maybe if you reach a specific dominion lvl or the status.
And ofc they need to be really expensive :)

• Cakes
  • Enthusiast
  • 258 posts
  • Reputation 15
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
Dec 07 2013 10:59 pm

A super powerful flag mother ship sounds a bit scary to me lol. But flag ships should have to cost something....a lot of something... Like slaves or a really valuable resource or build three motherships and put them together for increased power

• Kynell
  • Enthusiast
  • 240 posts
  • Reputation 127
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
Dec 09 2013 1:34 pm

just to post again this is very bad DO NOT add this flagship crap into the game will only create more work and kill every other unit.

SAY NO TO FLAGSHIP

• Unbiskant
  • Enthusiast
  • 330 posts
  • Reputation 3
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
Dec 09 2013 7:48 pm

I must say the flagship and crystal sound interesting. But I am a little bit worried. This flag ship could destroy the little balance which the game has at the moment.
I would say that there should be a good solution for the MS-problem before thinking about making a new ship-typ.

Sadly I do not have a good idea how to solve the MS-problem either.

• Annubis
  • Irregular
  • 14 posts
  • Reputation 1
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
Dec 10 2013 4:56 am

Well Im all for the flagships as i have already put it into in these suggestions, but Kynell has a point where MS will be not used and everyone will be using there flagship to destroy everyone just for fun, I don't like the idea of giving a player a Flagship for nothing as then someone like Kynell or Sirus and Kelac may be attacked by say 10 no names and lose everything make the Flagships cost ALOT of RES/NAQ and SLAVES/CRUCIBLES/JAFFA say 1 flagship would mean you have enough resources to train 10000 Jaffa or 10 MS and have the flagship built like when you build your space station, and the only players aloud to build these are players that have a DOM Lvl of say 10 or greater.

• Zippacna
  • Irregular
  • 31 posts
  • Reputation 5
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
Dec 10 2013 10:25 am

annubis, it wont because the first person to get a flagship will sit there and every time someone looks close to getting one they will send their flag ship and destroy everything on the planet

Zippacna
[1] 2 Next >>