26horses Forum
  • Shadowing
  • Devoted
  • 1440 posts
  • Reputation 240
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • Captain of the boat or captain of the Sea?
Nov 22 2013 8:01 pm

For a while now players have been coming to me saying the benefit of attacking isn't good enough shadowing and players are coming to me saying players can take my resources with not losing anything in the process.

This concept is really flawed. If a player can recover all of their units from a fight and more. Then that player can just do continuous attacking on all targets that would be benefit enough to enable that.

So what do we do? I'm considering getting rid of war spoils completely in the game and come up with other reasons to fight players. Cause really unless a player is profiting from a fight there is still no real reason for the player to fight and I do not want players to profit from fights due to the reasons above of a player just continuously fighting non stop losing nothing.

Post your thoughts below.

What ever you can do or dream you can always begin it because boldness has genius, power and magic in it
  • Kynell
  • Enthusiast
  • 240 posts
  • Reputation 127
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • I love 26horses Productions
Nov 22 2013 10:04 pm

if you do that there wont be any fighting at all people wont attack another player (unless they hold a grudge)if they don't gain anything from the attack, no one will hit only to lose units and decrease there power.

• Sobek
  • Irregular
  • 46 posts
  • Reputation 7
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • So 2 Unas and a Rabbi walk into a bar . .
Nov 22 2013 10:48 pm

Shadowing, I think you initially had the right idea when you made it so that overwhelming forces could no longer sustain 0 casualties in battle. I think you should continue along those lines. Players need to be forced to be smarter about who they attack/how many attacks they launch.

However, and with due respect, I don't think getting rid of war spoils is the best call. If a player is risking his/her hard earned units in a battle I think they deserve some production units (and of course the opportunity to earn building credits/sup points).

I'm one of the less aggressive players in this game (despite my alliance affiliation) but I think this idea might serve less to level the playing field (which I agree is important) and more to lessen the PVP environment of the game.

2ic: Shadows Dragoons (Original TFO, founded Aschen Empire and Volian Union)
  • Cakes
  • Enthusiast
  • 258 posts
  • Reputation 15
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
Nov 23 2013 3:33 am

So maybe it could be that even with an overwhelming force, the attacker will lose units. But increase the war spoils.