• 41 posts
  • Reputation 8
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • Alliance: The first ones
Nov 13 2013 5:28 pm

give it 150k health and attackpower.
chance it so it can travel trougth hyperspace
make the repairs like endurance recovery i guess it is allready.
short said people will be able to use it every 5 days or so.

change the bonus from 50% of the naq and res prodctuion while beeing seiged.
and give it a huge bonus from res and naq on the planet + stealing some slaves maybee some jaffa.

instant travel like with stargate. but cant be used to haras people with 50 times a day. and it will be usable again.

Maybee make the reactor in the ship rechargable so it can be used to attack twise a week.

as it is, it cost to much and can to easely be damaged so much that people can attempt to steal it. so body will use it to seige with anyway.

considering it cost so much to build. not everyone wil build one and it cant be used to farm supremcy points or status points. but more like a one time or two time use in an alliance war that migth last a week?.

• Zirnitra
  • Irregular
  • 151 posts
  • Reputation 51
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • Black Dragon of Death
Nov 13 2013 5:33 pm

Make it so only other ships can damage it. The hatak only gives a % bonus to troops, reduce turrets and defence units power by a %>
Add % to your troops.

Only if it is to land, do you get extra resources etc but it has more chance of damage by staff weps etc etc but gives your troops a much better % bonus in battle.

So stops players just sending an hatak to win a battle as it only lowers the planets defences not "attacks it"

You need ground troops as well, additionally alkesh as well.

So, a smaller Jaffa ground force could take a much bigger one with hatak support.

• Masterstickboy
  • Irregular
  • 22 posts
  • Reputation 10
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • I love 26horses Productions
Nov 16 2013 6:17 pm

They really need to fix the mothership... something is seriously wrong with it... i attacked with my mothership (and lvl 26 weapons) against a planet with lvl 18 turret, 933 jaffa, 4 unas, and 4 bombers... and lost.. i didn't even destroy half his units..

• Shadowing
  • Devoted
  • 1440 posts
  • Reputation 240
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • Captain of the boat or captain of the Sea?
Nov 16 2013 7:43 pm

Not sure what the defender technology was but assuming you both had the same weapons tech. the defender has 27k defense over you

What did you destroy of his? battle calculator shows he lost 3 bombers, 3 unas and 766 jaffa. Each bomber is 25k so the 4 bombers just alone matched the mothership.

What ever you can do or dream you can always begin it because boldness has genius, power and magic in it
  • Masterstickboy
  • Irregular
  • 22 posts
  • Reputation 10
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • I love 26horses Productions
Nov 16 2013 7:52 pm

Ops' i ment Gliders not bombers and i only destroyed 350ish jaffa, 1 unas, and 1 glider

• Cakes
  • Enthusiast
  • 258 posts
  • Reputation 15
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
Nov 16 2013 9:10 pm

This is a terrible idea, one of the worst I have seen. Why do you think everybody has bombers and nobody has motherships? Hasn't the mothership been nerfed enough. If the changes that you suggested are applied than he might as well just remove the unit.

• Cakes
  • Enthusiast
  • 258 posts
  • Reputation 15
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
Nov 16 2013 9:28 pm

I apologize for the way I said that.

• Zirnitra
  • Irregular
  • 151 posts
  • Reputation 51
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • Black Dragon of Death
Nov 16 2013 11:12 pm

Like I said. At the moment it is a number vs a number.

I have 250 Unas. The attacker has an hatak.

I beat him. In SG, no unas could beat an hatak.

So, to make it more realistic, make it that the Hatak will lower the defence of the planet and will add a % of bonus to your ground troops.

So, It stops players sending 1 hatak only. You need ground troops.

A defender with enough defence can still beat an hatak if the players do not send enough troops as well.

The hatak does not get damaged only if it is sent to land. If it lands, you get an additional % resource and % units defect but higher chance of being damaged.

HOWEVER, Alkesh can be damaged as they are ground troops and again should negate a % of turrets and units.

The only thing that damage an hatak is another one or space mines. (Need to understand that dynamics)
Or build another ground building that is based on a ion cannon which could if you have enough take out a MS.

• Shadowing
  • Devoted
  • 1440 posts
  • Reputation 240
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • Captain of the boat or captain of the Sea?
Nov 17 2013 12:31 pm

That's a interesting idea Zirnitra. What happends when A mothership and 10 Jaffa lose the battle, The mothership is lost?

Guess I could make the mothership atomically retreat back to a home planet that is declared as the home planet.

What ever you can do or dream you can always begin it because boldness has genius, power and magic in it
  • Zirnitra
  • Irregular
  • 151 posts
  • Reputation 51
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • Black Dragon of Death
Nov 18 2013 4:02 am

It depends upon what the planet has in defence. if it is just ground based units and weapons then the hatak just increases the 10 jaffas attack power, reduces the defence of the planet by X amount.

The hatak never gets damaged as it cannot be touched, however the 10 jaffa can still be defeated. The hatak has a minimum amount of crew so the hatak would just go back home to the planet it was sent from.

So, to beat the planet, you have to send a large enough attack force to defeat the ground troops and defences as the hatak adds a bonus only, or doubles the jaffa strength and reduce defense potential of that planet

The only time you can loose an hatak is if they have an hatak themselves.

Basically, hataks are used to soften the enemy up for the ground attack and air attack by alkesh.

This means that any goauld has an hatak, has a higher chance of beating a planet, but a good defensive planet could still beat an hatak, especially if the player is lazy just sending a handful of units.

I have nvere seen an goauld attack a planet with just an hatak unless they wanted to just cause wanton destruction. The capture resource and naq, they must have troops.

• Tryxel
  • Irregular
  • 41 posts
  • Reputation 8
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • Alliance: The first ones
Nov 18 2013 11:47 am

the mothership requie 12000 population. so your idea would requipe people to have a mothership and a huge quantety of normal units to. and basicly this game will be dead really.

if your idea gets implementet i will quit this game. how many nerfs do you want to give big players and motherships. this will kill the game.

• Zirnitra
  • Irregular
  • 151 posts
  • Reputation 51
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • Black Dragon of Death
Nov 18 2013 12:13 pm

The mothership is crap at the moment. Instead of being negative, add to the thought. We can make this work.

Maybe the population demand can be decreased.

At the moment the hatak can be destroyed. Yes, the hatak is the top goauld weapon in the game and should give the power it demands.

But on the other hand, a goauld with 10 Jaffa and an hatak could not take Dakara.

Yes, I agree the lower based players are getting boosted somewhat, but why make the hatak so powerful, you only need 1 and attack and win.

The game does need balance but just throwing things out does not help.

Together as a community we can ensure the game is balanced so the top players can still feel powerful and the lower players do not feel they are being mashed every single dAY.

The hatak can be boosted, so it gives an gouald attacking with one an advantage in battle, but it should not be uber powerful that you concentrate only getting an hatak and makes you untouchable.

[1] 2 Next >>