• Tryxel
  • Irregular
  • 41 posts
  • Reputation 8
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • Alliance: The first ones
Nov 11 2013 5:16 pm

I can not see any logical reason why someone with less dom status or not as high intel lab should get the advantage of someone that have spend the points into getting it.

It also impacts parts of the politics. it gives the new players a reason to play the goauld spirit and ask for favours from more powerfull goaulds just like in the stargate universe.

As it is now high lvl players have to ask for favours from low level people and that just dont make any logical sence. it sort of removes the reason why anyone would bother buildning the intel lab, those of us that have spend time and energi on buildning it high have just wasted res and naq we could have spend on stocks or militery units really or other buildnings.

Now higher lvl players cant see what the lower level players have. and with all the res/nq bonuses they have, they migth very well have a bombership in defence.
it gives them a huge advantage.

Now it really pays more then ever to do everything they can to stay at dom 1 as long as they can and then as slowely as possible build up to dom 2. then slowely up to dom 3.

The intel chance as it is now is worthless it would actually be a lot better if you did a total game reset and set everyone back to what new players have when we start out.

Atleast that would put everyone on equal terms and nobody would have an advantage that is in the spirit of fair game.

Currently its just gives people another reason to breake the rules and create a 2 account as since it would give them the dom 1 lvl to see everything and th epower of a dom 3/4 player really.

I am sure other players can list other good reason why it need to be chanced to.

Tsiuson

• Larus
  • Irregular
  • 3 posts
  • Reputation 1
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • Void Spirit
Nov 11 2013 5:26 pm

Indeed, a whole bunch of people (Doms 1-2 make up nearly the entire games population) so those of us who Rises to the higher dom/networth and so on will technically be Flying Blind (Somewhat making putting points into Intelligence Tech useless)

• Zirnitra
  • Irregular
  • 151 posts
  • Reputation 51
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • Black Dragon of Death
Nov 11 2013 5:28 pm

This is one of the most absolute pants decisions that has been made in the game.

How can a high level player not see a low level player. It is beyond belief.

• Kelac
  • Irregular
  • 101 posts
  • Reputation 58
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • The Unstoppable
Nov 11 2013 5:28 pm

The first 2 posts accurately sum up my own position on the matter... so +1

Consider my vote on the matter to be for abolishing this silly new mechanic.

Edit: how does 'Reputation' work because I've clearly been given negative marks by people I've attacked in game.. which is quite frankly stupid as hell.

• Tryxel
  • Irregular
  • 41 posts
  • Reputation 8
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • Alliance: The first ones
Nov 11 2013 6:20 pm

i found another thing thats really scary, send that info to shadowing ingame mail becous of the content of it all.

• Erikmodi
  • Irregular
  • 23 posts
  • Reputation 4
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • I love 26horses Productions
Nov 11 2013 7:25 pm

Why would you care what a lower-level player has? You don't get Supremacy or Status from hitting them anyway, so what's the point?

• Kelac
  • Irregular
  • 101 posts
  • Reputation 58
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • The Unstoppable
Nov 11 2013 7:30 pm

Ignore Erikmodi, he's a Card carrying Imbecile with a grudge against high level players, especially myself.

• Kynell
  • Enthusiast
  • 240 posts
  • Reputation 127
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
Nov 11 2013 7:39 pm

im not even gonna bother reading the post or peoples comments all im gonna say is

CHANGE THE DAM INTEL THING BACK, ITS RIDICULUS NOT BEING ABLE TO SPY A SMALL PLAYER WHEN WE ARE SO DAM BIG

• Damnataanimus
  • Irregular
  • 4 posts
  • Reputation 3
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
Nov 11 2013 8:08 pm

I am not going to vote either way but if you are going to change something like this could we at least have a free respec token for technology please? :)

• Erikmodi
  • Irregular
  • 23 posts
  • Reputation 4
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
Nov 11 2013 9:40 pm

Yeah, not going to rise to that obvious trollbait Kelac, but nice try.

• Shadowing
  • Devoted
  • 1440 posts
  • Reputation 240
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • Captain of the boat or captain of the Sea?
Nov 12 2013 4:09 am

Intel tech is going to be eliminated completely in the game and replaced with something else.

It's way to easy to gain intel on people in the game. All you have to do is just ask in chat and there is most likely someone will give it.

There has to be some sort of cost involved on getting intel. Still thinking of solutions. One idea is to make players have to launch a spy drone to the planet. so at least there is a time to gain the intelligence

What ever you can do or dream you can always begin it because boldness has genius, power and magic in it
  • Erikmodi
  • Irregular
  • 23 posts
  • Reputation 4
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
Nov 12 2013 4:38 am

Why not use Infiltrators for that? Seems like exactly the kind of thing they'd be perfect for. Perhaps a mechanic where you insert an Infiltrator, and as long as they're there and undiscovered, they give you intel. They have a chance to be found out and eliminated or returned to your Infiltrator pool.

[1] 2 Next >>