• Aldinach
  • Irregular
  • 48 posts
  • Reputation 8
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • Shel nok.
Nov 11 2013 6:32 am

The existing Guide is great for explaining what things are and what they do...however, learning HOW to make certain things happen is pretty much left up to the player.

With players already dominion 4, it puts new players at a distinct advantage that has nothing to do with their strategy or abilities as players.

Kind've like handing a 6 year old a calculus problem and expecting them to just figure it out, just because they know the alphabet and can count to 100.

What we really need is additional info in the Guide, or maybe as a separate Help section that says exactly how to do things.

Like, how to attack via the Stargate (in actual steps, pick your target, click Attack, pick your units, click the gate, etc)

Also need the step by step on how to do things like take over/destroy a space station (because it actually appears in an almost mathematical form that if you don't know what you're doing, you can waste supremacy points and FAIL even if you have enough).

Just general help-files, so people who are new to the game can actually get into it without stumbling around and making mistakes because they just don't know how things work.

All this stuff would be taught to little goa'uld and Jaffa from an early age, but we haven't had that benefit.

And asking in the chat is pretty much a joke. People who knew about the game and had the benefit of being first in pretty much ignore questions, or purposely give false information because new players' ignorance makes them easier targets.

If players are going to beat on each other, it should be because of strategy and superior army; not because they are withholding information about how the game actually works.

Every other game I've ever played has step by step instructions on how to do things that aren't obvious (leveling up, what max levels are, how to conquer, how to destroy or take over things that need something special done besides just attacking their location, etc).

Even board games have step by step gameplay instructions for the basics.

There's no reason System Lords should be any different.

Mekta satak Oz!
  • Shadowing
  • Devoted
  • 1440 posts
  • Reputation 240
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • Captain of the boat or captain of the Sea?
Nov 11 2013 6:40 am

Hey Aldinach

Ya its a really large problem. I'm going to spend an entire week or more on a game tutorial and game tips. The tutorial will take players to getting 3 planets with in the tutorial and it will teach them all the basic stuff of attacking, taking over planets, building, etc... Going to spend a ton of time on it.
I wanted to get the battle calculator done so everyone can help me find bugs with it the attack engine.

What ever you can do or dream you can always begin it because boldness has genius, power and magic in it
  • Damnataanimus
  • Irregular
  • 4 posts
  • Reputation 3
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • I love 26horses Productions
Nov 11 2013 8:11 pm

Would there also be any chance of getting the game guide as a text file to read offline?

• Shadowing
  • Devoted
  • 1440 posts
  • Reputation 240
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • Captain of the boat or captain of the Sea?
Nov 12 2013 6:06 pm

that's a good idea. The guide isn't set up atm for something like that though.

What ever you can do or dream you can always begin it because boldness has genius, power and magic in it