• Erikmodi
  • Irregular
  • 23 posts
  • Reputation 4
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • I love 26horses Productions
Nov 10 2013 3:21 pm

Also, one thing I've noticed this game lacks is an "attack proof" option. Burying the Stargate comes close, but from what I'm hearing in-game, attacking through the Stargate is a bad idea anyway. You can always send ships to attack someone. Some way to "re-activate" new player protection for certain timeframe would be nice. Rather than "vacation mode," where you can't log in for X days, just make it where you can't launch attacks or be attacked for a certain timeframe (ideally, selectable by the player, from a few hours to a few days.) You can use that time to rebuild, regroup, and gather your forces, so you don't find yourself in a "death spiral" where you keep getting pummeled, losing all your resources, and unable to do anything.

• Sobek
  • Irregular
  • 46 posts
  • Reputation 7
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • So 2 Unas and a Rabbi walk into a bar . .
Nov 10 2013 11:15 pm

It would be cool if you could engage a planetary force field BUT there would need to be a trade off. For instance, it would have to cost a sup point to activate or a LARGE chunk of production materials. Or else everyone will just always be shielding their planets from attack and what fun will that be :P

2ic: Shadows Dragoons (Original TFO, founded Aschen Empire and Volian Union)
  • Erikmodi
  • Irregular
  • 23 posts
  • Reputation 4
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
Nov 11 2013 1:26 am

Well, if you were shielded, then you couldn't launch attacks either. So you'd need to balance out the attacks you want to launch versus the attacks you want to avoid.

It's a fairly common mechanic in other war games I've seen.

• Shadowing
  • Devoted
  • 1440 posts
  • Reputation 240
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • Captain of the boat or captain of the Sea?
Nov 11 2013 12:55 pm

thanks guys for the suggestions. keep them coming. Luckly I have all the small players on protection right now to give me some time to make some changes.

What ever you can do or dream you can always begin it because boldness has genius, power and magic in it
  • Annubis
  • Irregular
  • 14 posts
  • Reputation 1
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
Nov 29 2013 10:12 am

I think that if a stronger player attacks a weaker player a pop-up notice should come up notifying that u are attacking a weaker foe and in doing this will not sit well with the jaffa, and if you click yes to go ahead with the attack you may end up having your jaffas rebel against you or your jaffa will convert to another god! this may stop the big players attacking the newer players! I also think that system lords are the only ones that can create an alliance and the more supporters minor gods that are under you is like having a space station you get extra res/naq and when the minor gods get strong enough they can try to over throw one of the other system lords with the help of there system lord if they want or you can try to over throw your own system lord if you want.

• Tryxel
  • Irregular
  • 41 posts
  • Reputation 8
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • Alliance: The first ones
Nov 30 2013 1:13 am

two good idea's

1 is that if a "weaker" players attack you, you dont get nerfed as much for attacking him back. since weaker playres attack stronger playres they show them self strong enougth to handle a revenage attack.

2 is to "mark" a stronger player that keeps attacking weaker players, aka makes it more worth for other weaker players to attack that strong player by giving them an increased supremacy% and maybee more res and naq then the standard 5%

that way. big players would get an sort of bounty on there own head. that grows in size the more they attack weaker players. " offcourse one should not get a bounty increase if you do a revenge attack thougth.

the "bounty" system should maybee be function on people 3 dom lvl below them self.

assuming that a weak player would get 30% supremacy point from attacking a stronger player, the bounty migth increase with 5% or so each time he attacks a weaker player without a reason. but offcourse between two alilances that have declared war. it shouldl not be in effect thougth.

what ya guys think?

<< Previous 1 [2]