• Kynell
  • Enthusiast
  • 240 posts
  • Reputation 127
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • I love 26horses Productions
Nov 09 2013 2:42 pm

so as argument in chat for long time I decided to make this post so fairer for new players without penalizing big players some people may not agree entirely with this....

new players should receive the protection that is currently in place giving them some spare time to build up without getting murdered, this way also makes them stronger for big players to later attack.

To also help lower players they should get boost by receiving a spare supremacy point to help them get to 3 planets faster.

The naq/res boost I agree with to help them boost, but the big players should also receive the same naq/res boost to make it fair and not penalize the big players.

I believe this to be best solution to bring more members to the game, keep them here and help them grow but at the same time big players get same res/naq boost to make sure our hard earned investing/farming etc doesn't get wasted by the new players catching up so fast in 1 or 2 days of playing by getting the boost of naq/res on us.

please feel free to debate here and vote agree/disagree with my post.

thanks kynell

• Kelac
  • Irregular
  • 101 posts
  • Reputation 58
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • The Unstoppable
Nov 09 2013 2:46 pm

All I'll say is this: New players... Let them fend for themselves.

• Erikmodi
  • Irregular
  • 23 posts
  • Reputation 4
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
Nov 09 2013 3:03 pm

See, that's the attitude that turns me off these so-called "war games." A game should be fun, and there's no fun to be had if everyone who sticks their head in gets it bitten off. Kelac, you exhibit a lot of the traits of the kind of player that makes me hate games like these and the people who play them. The only reason I got in to System Lords is for the Stargate theme, and I still haven't purchased it because I don't know if it's going to turn into Dragons of Atlantis or some crap like that, where people steamroll and bully other people, claiming it's about improving their standing or getting a little more stuff to build their whatever-it-is they're working on or to test their armies, but what it really is is that unless they're beating up on someone else in-game, they have nothing to inflate their egos and tell them that they're a worthwhile human being, because for some reason they've decided that their only sense of self-worth is wrapped up in making it impossible for a person they've never even met to enjoy themselves in video game, which is just pathetically sad when you think about it. And if your response is "well, it's a WAR game," then you'll be EXACTLY like those other people I was just talking about.

Just because it's a war game doesn't mean we can't exhibit some common decency and courtesy. The game should be friendly to ALL players, whether they're just starting out or have a billion resources and troops. More importantly, we AS A COMMUNITY should be friendly to all players, whether they're all about attacking everything in sight or just want to play the game casually. Because I guarantee, if we let rude, abusive "it's a WAR game" bullies run amok, pretty soon they'll be the only ones playing, and then the game will die. And I don't think any of us want that.

• Kynell
  • Enthusiast
  • 240 posts
  • Reputation 127
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
Nov 09 2013 3:11 pm

also guys please stay on topic this is about making this game good and fair for everyone, feel free to vote on what I posted and maybe suggest other things but please do not argue here.

• Kelac
  • Irregular
  • 101 posts
  • Reputation 58
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • The Unstoppable
Nov 09 2013 3:43 pm

It is a War game, not sure why anyone would miss that point.

we Play as the Gou'ald... evil, slaving genocidal warlords who stop at nothing to gain power.

This isn't.. Nox Lords. We're not space hippies.

• Erikmodi
  • Irregular
  • 23 posts
  • Reputation 4
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
Nov 09 2013 4:44 pm

But that doesn't mean we have to, or even SHOULD, be rotten to each other in-game.

There's a difference between "playing the game" and "being a jerk." So far, I haven't seen (much) jerky behavior from players in this game, and I'm glad for that. But "it's a war game" is NOT an excuse to stop behaving like a decent human being.

• Shezchez33
  • Irregular
  • 3 posts
  • Reputation 1
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
Nov 09 2013 7:09 pm

From a new player perspective, I think that Kynell is right on the protection but the big players should only get a small amount of the res and naq that we get because they've already got these big bases and armies so they would grow bigger, but we have to buy defenses, resource generators, and build an army just to survive, forget about attacking.

• Jannka
  • Irregular
  • 4 posts
  • Reputation 0
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
Nov 09 2013 8:02 pm

its good topic
like somone alredy said this ir war game so ther will be wars
but in other hand attacikg 3 to 5 times or even veaker player isnt exakly gould behaivor. in sg-1 they talked about gould atacking ather goul who poses treth to it so how can 4 times weaker player poses treth to much mor power full player.

myby shwadowing can give penalties for attacing to weak players for exaple not geting any resorses and ather stuff. ther is no fun about killing young players without any reason... its ok if he attack you but yust for fun??? common... also if to strong players dont get stus points then ther is no use for them to fight ;)

• Erikmodi
  • Irregular
  • 23 posts
  • Reputation 4
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
Nov 09 2013 10:32 pm

Well, one thing I like about this game is that it already rewards you more for attacking players above your power level, rather than by steamrolling weaker players. You only really get Status and Supremacy for attacks on people at or above your level, and the way resource attacking works makes "farming" newbies less than productive. I'm not sure penalties for attacking weaker players are necessary, when keeping in mind the incentives for attacking more powerful players.

• Forgottenwarrior
  • Irregular
  • 41 posts
  • Reputation 29
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
Nov 10 2013 4:10 am

I don't think you should be penalized for attacking a weaker player because then they can attack you all day long and you can't do anything about it. I also understand why some don't like the fact that newer players get handed large amounts of res/naq when they themselves had to work for it. It's all about finding the balance. Newer players definitely need something to help them survive but you don't want them to pose a threat to you so easily when you've been working hard. If you want everyone to be as equals then you shouldn't be playing a conquest strategy game. This game is about being the most evil and ruling the galaxy, not about being charity case of the year :)

• First
  • Irregular
  • 3 posts
  • Reputation 0
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
Nov 10 2013 2:37 pm

Perhaps to allow attacking the particular Goauld by another Goauld just once upon 24 hr.But this particular goauld can be attacked by others infinite times, It just shouldn't be the same goauld like it now. I think it is good compromise...
Endurance thing has extremely low regeneration rate and it should be sent to Sokar :)

• Erikmodi
  • Irregular
  • 23 posts
  • Reputation 4
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
Nov 10 2013 3:14 pm

Hmm. Perhaps a bonus to attack someone who has attacked you, getting more powerful the greater the power difference? So a very powerful player attacking a rank newbie gives the newbie a big bonus to hit him back, while the same veteran attacking a player just as or more powerful grants a very small or nonexistant bonus. Not necessarily penalizing you for attacking newbies, but giving the newbies a fighting chance at retaliating, thus eliminating the "shut up and take it, gonach " paradigm so common in these types of games.

[1] 2 Next >>