26horses Forum
  • Sobek
  • Irregular
  • 46 posts
  • Reputation 7
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • So 2 Unas and a Rabbi walk into a bar . .
Nov 08 2013 6:26 am

How do we feel about allowing players to trade res/naq with each other?

Not only would it allow allies to help each other but it could also be used as a way to settle war reparations (ex. "You've lost this war and I hold most of your planets. I'll accept your surrender at a price of 100 naquida").

2ic: Shadows Dragoons (Original TFO, founded Aschen Empire and Volian Union)
  • Canov73
  • Irregular
  • 38 posts
  • Reputation 19
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • I love 26horses Productions
Nov 08 2013 6:26 am

I think this is a good idea!

Shaltek
  • Lordofwar
  • Irregular
  • 1 posts
  • Reputation 0
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
Nov 08 2013 6:27 am

That sounds like a good idea.

• Zippacna
  • Irregular
  • 31 posts
  • Reputation 5
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • I demand that the human stay on topic!
Nov 08 2013 6:28 am

That's a good idea but then you would have to be careful about people creating accounts for gaining extra resources and naquada

Zippacna
  • Aldinach
  • Irregular
  • 48 posts
  • Reputation 8
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • Shel nok.
Nov 08 2013 1:47 pm

Definitely a good idea.

Mekta satak Oz!
  • Heraur
  • Irregular
  • 1 posts
  • Reputation 0
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
Nov 10 2013 1:48 am

yeah great idea :)

• Shadowing
  • Devoted
  • 1440 posts
  • Reputation 240
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • Captain of the boat or captain of the Sea?
Nov 10 2013 5:52 am

Soon as I allow trading between players. We will start seeing players selling and buying resources and naqahdah for real money. If that is the case then I might as well just enable selling those things in the game to go towards development of the game.

What ever you can do or dream you can always begin it because boldness has genius, power and magic in it
  • Canov73
  • Irregular
  • 38 posts
  • Reputation 19
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
Nov 10 2013 5:58 am

Is there a way you can build it into the combat system or even the alliance system. So trades can only take place after an attack and a player is close to reset, the game could offer a choice " finish the player or demand Naq / Res offering in its place, same with alliance wars. that way even if they were to pay for it online outside of the game it would do them no good unless they bring you to the brink of death... no player would lose everything just to gain it back by paying for it..

Shaltek
  • Shadowing
  • Devoted
  • 1440 posts
  • Reputation 240
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • Captain of the boat or captain of the Sea?
Nov 10 2013 10:39 am

That's an idea Canov :)

What ever you can do or dream you can always begin it because boldness has genius, power and magic in it
  • Tryxel
  • Irregular
  • 41 posts
  • Reputation 8
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • Alliance: The first ones
Nov 10 2013 2:22 pm

maybee a bounty hunter system aka if someone feels they are beeing harased they could offer up x res y naq as a price for someone to doing something spesific to a player like seige his planets or destroy his troops on a planet he is seiging. taking over one or more of his planets and so on :)

• Erikmodi
  • Irregular
  • 23 posts
  • Reputation 4
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
Nov 10 2013 3:18 pm

I'm not sure that's accurate, Shadowing. I used to play Dragons of Atlantis, and we could freely trade between players. I never encountered people buying or selling resources to each other for real money (granted, DoA had a pay-to-win system, essentially), but rather Alliance members with extra resources asking if anyone needed any and trading them freely to help each other out.

A simple fix would be to put in the rules that trading resources for money is not allowed, and anyone caught doing so will have their accounts deleted and be permabanned.

• Aldinach
  • Irregular
  • 48 posts
  • Reputation 8
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • Shel nok.
Nov 11 2013 6:11 am

If you build the trade system into the game, there would be no way anyone could do it for real money.

Just build a planetary marketplace where people are able to pick their planet, and offer X number of resources in exchange for X number of naquadah.

If it's hard-programmed into the game as an exact exchange, there's not a way to circumvent it.

And the goods would exchange hands in the same timeframe as movement from cargo ships (players would have to level up their marketplace to be able to trade larger numbers of res or naq) so the resources would not only go towards armies but also have to go back into the market system itself to build it up as the player grew and needed larger amounts.

There's a market built into each village in Tribal Wars, which I play, with a maximum of 25 levels to it (because 25 matches the max you can hold in your warehouse) and I've never heard of anyone even trying to trade for real money because it's just not possible. The game platform doesn't allow for it since it's hard-coded into the game as an even exchange, you have to literally accept an offer in the market, the exchange is completed by your merchants traveling at their certain speed (so sometimes it can take days to get your stuff), but there's just no way of exchanging anything for real world money.

Mekta satak Oz!
[1] 2 Next >>