26horses Forum
  • Shadowing
  • Devoted
  • 1165 posts
  • Reputation 206
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • Captain of the boat or captain of the Sea?
Sep 11 2013 5:46 am

Lately I've been pondering on an idea to add to System Lords. Which would allow alliances to pull their resources together to execute galaxy events.

Things like blowing planets up and creating black holes which would suck in solar systems around it. Also have an idea to allow alliances to actually make the entire galaxy go back in time one day or a few hours effecting the entire galaxy. Just enough time to fix a single war strategy mistake.

Let me know if anyone has any crazy ideas that seem unheard of in a MMORTS

What ever you can do or dream you can always begin it because boldness has genius, power and magic in it
  • Tryxel
  • Irregular
  • 41 posts
  • Reputation 8
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • Alliance: The first ones
Sep 12 2013 3:01 pm

take eve online alliance members work together to get enough res to build the really big ships, as long as the ships stays the property of the alliance, perhaps under controll of the alliance leaders or selected players in the alliance. and stays with the alliance even if the people who use it leaves. i dont mind at all if one have to cooporate in order to build really big ships.

• Shadowing
  • Devoted
  • 1165 posts
  • Reputation 206
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • Captain of the boat or captain of the Sea?
Sep 12 2013 4:13 pm

Yah I've been thinking about adding in flag ships where the leader of the alliance can control it. Would probably only be during War between alliances though. Flag ship would be like 5 times that of a Mother Ship. Something like that. One large issue with large ships during alpha testing was having large ships in the game really causes balance issues. So what I did was add in shield damage for ships that regenerate. Bringing in Flag ships would have to be really carefully thought about.

What ever you can do or dream you can always begin it because boldness has genius, power and magic in it
  • Unbiskant
  • Enthusiast
  • 330 posts
  • Reputation 3
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • I love 26horses Productions
Oct 15 2013 6:07 pm

I really like the idea of huge alliance actions. It could bring great dynamics to the game.
Sadly I do not know anything cool at the moment to add to the ideas.

• Supremesystemlord
  • Irregular
  • 3 posts
  • Reputation 1
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • Benna! Ya Wan Ya Duru!
Oct 19 2013 4:28 pm

Yeah, the ability to create massive fleets and alliances with the assistance of other Goa'uld would be epic.
A suggestion from me;
The ability to create facilities on the planets you control e.g. :

Naquadah mining facilities, (Naquadah - The mineral that powers goa'uld technology)

Ha'tak Landing Pads (Pyramids that Goa'uld ships land on/over)
And more.
These facilities will not be destroyed if you lose control of the planet, UNLESS the opposing System Lord decides to take control over the facilities you built, (So they become his/her facilities) or destroys them.
Hopefully 26Horses will take these thoughts by me and the rest of the Stargate Fan Community into consideration.
Thanks!

Ra
  • Unbiskant
  • Enthusiast
  • 330 posts
  • Reputation 3
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
Oct 19 2013 4:37 pm

Supremesystemlord I think you will be pleased with this game, because the game has the things you just wished for and even more cool stuff.

• Unbiskant
  • Enthusiast
  • 330 posts
  • Reputation 3
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
Oct 19 2013 4:37 pm

Supremesystemlord I think you will be pleased with this game, because the game as the things you just wished for and even more cool stuff.

• Supremesystemlord
  • Irregular
  • 3 posts
  • Reputation 1
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • Benna! Ya Wan Ya Duru!
Oct 19 2013 4:40 pm

Oh that's fantastic, I believe this game will consume my time indefinetly!

Ra
  • Mihajlo100
  • Irregular
  • 3 posts
  • Reputation 0
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
Jan 13 2014 12:54 am

You need AI specie that could invade galaxy like every one month or more!

• Camworrall
  • Irregular
  • 2 posts
  • Reputation 0
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
Jan 16 2014 4:00 pm

What about alliance controlled planets, that would benefit all members of that particular alliance, and stay the property of that alliance even if members leave.

• Shade3130
  • Irregular
  • 71 posts
  • Reputation 24
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • Guess my real identity.
Jan 16 2014 8:19 pm

Dakara Superweapon puzzle-like minigame hidden on a random non-player owned planet.

players must scout/explore planets to find it.
but must solve puzzle like on sg1 show to use it.

can use to attack entire solar system and "kill" military units/slave in that solarsystem.

You guys must really hate me....
  • Moneyseal
  • Irregular
  • 58 posts
  • Reputation 36
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • Defeating a sandwich only makes it tastier!
Jul 27 2014 12:51 am

Sounds interesting for sure. It is not a bad idea. Natural occuring events would not be a bad idea either.

Lord Money$eal
[1] 2 Next >>