26horses Forum
  • Shadowing
  • Devoted
  • 1440 posts
  • Reputation 240
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • Captain of the boat or captain of the Sea?
Aug 16 2013 9:21 pm

The picture isn't necessary related to the question. Lots of races out there. Expansions to the game will be added in the future adding in more races. Post some ideas on what races you would like to see

What ever you can do or dream you can always begin it because boldness has genius, power and magic in it
  • Unbiskant
  • Enthusiast
  • 330 posts
  • Reputation 3
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • I love 26horses Productions
Aug 20 2013 9:29 am

I think it should not be one of the main races from the tv show, because this game takes place thousand years before that.
So the human race should not be include (only as slaves as it is now). The asgards are a similar case, because they would be to powerful for the "early" goaulds (only Anubis was able to defeat some ships from them). Some thing for the replicators.
So I would say some new race or not so well known race which could pose a treat to the systemlords but not so much that they would not have a chance to defeat them.

• Shadowing
  • Devoted
  • 1440 posts
  • Reputation 240
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • Captain of the boat or captain of the Sea?
Aug 20 2013 11:15 pm

If Asgard ever does enter the game it will mostly be a seperate game that uses the same galaxy plus their galaxy. I am completly going to stick with the storyline of the game of it taking a 1000 years before.

One idea was to bring in the race that the goa'uld got their Mother Ship technology from before that race eventually got destroyed. So even though they required the technology they didn't destroy the entire race at the same time but started a large war. This race would be even more advance than the goa'uld by bringing another more superior mother ship model in the game for the race that the goa'uld never was able to obtain.

Either way there probably won't be more then 3 races or if there is more it would be really far down the road. I want to make each race totally different when playing it.

What ever you can do or dream you can always begin it because boldness has genius, power and magic in it
  • Manon
  • Irregular
  • 2 posts
  • Reputation 0
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
Mar 21 2014 9:59 am

Adding the Wraith into the game could be kinda cool, since they are supposed to exist in the past 10000 years before the SG adventure started, and their are probably many players who would enjoy beeing able to play Wraith.

• Kvasir
  • Irregular
  • 1 posts
  • Reputation 0
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
Mar 23 2014 4:36 am

The nox. It would be really interesting if/how they get put into the game considering they are purely none aggressive passive peaceful.

• Wkerr
  • Irregular
  • 5 posts
  • Reputation 4
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
Apr 25 2014 12:39 am

Zombies.

• Excellion
  • Enthusiast
  • 296 posts
  • Reputation 118
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • Never back down, never surrender, no fear
Jun 17 2014 9:54 am

Wraith, Ancients, Replicators (Asurans) - each has sufficient depth from the show to build upon

Nox, Gadmeer - a bit of detail from the show, you can go in many directions with them

Other ideas - Reol...could mimic any race for a short period

Other thoughts for slaves besides jaffa - kull warriors, satedans, a form of hoktar

I hunt the sheep of war...
  • Strangetek
  • Irregular
  • 2 posts
  • Reputation 1
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
Jul 06 2014 8:31 pm

you should add ancients ships that we could find learn more about their teck

• Dissenter
  • Irregular
  • 84 posts
  • Reputation 44
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
Jul 17 2014 10:09 am

Retu would be a cool one with not much backround, but enough to be viable. We know they exist 'out of phase' and that their ground troops are hard to stop and can sneak through a gate. It would be an interesting chance at an infiltration race if you ever go to having different ships/troops for races.

Also the Alterans (Ancients) could be doable and still sticking with the lore. They were on of the 4 races in the alliance along with furlings, nox, and azgard. We do know some Alterans came back to Earth when they sunk Atlantis(10,000 bc) and that back at that time Azgard were very much like humans and could still reproduce. Merlin ascended sometime before the knights of the round table because he retook human form to spend his days in Camelot. Notable that Camelot and 2 other Ancient cities were on planets other then earth, and that Dakara was an Ancient city as well. Also the city Daniel Jackson lived in after retaking human form was an ancient city and all of these were obviously not 10 million years old. It was mentioned that after returning to Earth some of the Ancients spread throughout the Stars, and obviously they colonized several planets after returning to the Milky Way. Morgan Lefay also had a secret lab in the Milky Way. Anubis found an ancient weapon to attack the gate on another planet. Seems like in this time period the Ancients would have been more prevalent then the Goa'uld. Here's the opportunity for a race that can build gates as well as impenetrable iris's as the Atlantis Gate had.

Also that aquatic race could be workable. Defences were pretty much impenetrable, living underwater and all. Don't know much else.

The Nox could be viable also. Although we know they are peaceful now, we do not know if it has always been so. It could be that their passive ways are out of guilt for driving some race to extinction lol. Anyway. Who knows 6000 years ago what they were like. Most humans were living in tents. Perhaps the Nox have come a long way in 6000 years as well. The one episode showed they had a city floating in the sky, suggesting they were once more technologically advanced and were striving to live in harmony with nature again. They sure didn't built that giant city in the sky without tearing up a few trees and mining a ton of ore. Remember that the 4 races also had an alliance, suggesting at one time they may have alligned against a common enemy.

• Moneyseal
  • Irregular
  • 58 posts
  • Reputation 36
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • Defeating a sandwich only makes it tastier!
Jul 27 2014 12:55 am

The wraith

Lord Money$eal
  • Dissenter
  • Irregular
  • 84 posts
  • Reputation 44
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
Jul 27 2014 9:22 am

Can't forget that this is the time period where the Sodan warriors, an offshoot of jaffa, overthrew their goa'uld master and became independant. Jaffa could be added as one of the races. We know of at least 2 rebellions. I'm sure there would have been more but the Goa'uld would do there best to keep it a secret from the majority of jaffa.

Also to reconsider replicators since they were rather primitive until they assimilated tec from the Asgard. It was only because the Asgard brought one aboard for study and it got loose that they gained the tec to become really dangerous. Replicators can rebuild anything fast as long as there is one left to build another, and so on. They can re-use materials and multiply incredibly fast but at this point in time, that have little tec.

Again I will point out that The Alterans were present on Earth, Castiana, Vegombre, and Sehal, as well as the planet in between the three during the time period the game takes place in. The planet Daniel Jackson returned to after being ascended was also a recently made ancient planet as the stone buildings were still standing. They had amazing defense tec but were peaceful and it seems there were never very many. Apparently they don't multiply fast. Of course they do build gates.

Retu exist out of phase and are known to send 5 man infiltration parties with nukes that can level cities. Also if they are detected, being out of phase makes them hard to kill.

Sodan also can exist out of phase with the help of a device the learned to build from writings on an ancient temple. They are masters of stealth and fierce warriors. They rely on pillaging goa'uld planets to get supplies and prim'ta.

Although we know the Nox are peaceful now, we've seen they do have interstellar tec and the ability to build gates and ships. It is imaginable that they were not always so friendly. They were allies of the Asgard at one time, who obviously were not afraid of using weapons on the Goa'uld. We have no evidence of recent contact between the Nox and Asgard though, suggesting it's possible in recent times the Nox became peaceful and cut off contact from the more violent Asgard. Masters of illusion and concealment, the Nox can hide an entire city or ship in plain sight, but may lack the advanced weapons tec of other races.

So we have Replicators, Sodan, Retu, Alterans(ancients pre-ascention), and the Nox which are all viable.

• Dissenter
  • Irregular
  • 84 posts
  • Reputation 44
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
Jul 27 2014 9:41 am

Just was thinking Alterans built Atlantis...perfect opportunity to add an improved flagship and bring back gate-building. Also puddle-jumpers. 'Gliders' that can travel through the gate. Of course production of slaves/naqidah would have to be severely reduced for Ancients as their ships were very powerful but there were always only a handful of them.

In addition, to keep with lore i suggest removing gliders for Asgard in favor of more powerful motherships/flagships and/or a greater ability to penetrate gate defence. They could shut the SGC power down before they even came through the gate. Seems like they should ignore at least some gate defense. Again suggest lowering production to compensate for new abilities.

I'll move on to Unas. They live underground and therefore soldiers and undetectable to most sensors. Only Asgard sensors have been shown to work underground and that's currently. Likely their tec wasn't advanced that fat as this point since they were very human-like 10,000 years ago. My thought is ground troops should be undetectable or only a percentage are detected. Maybe make spy drones unreliable on Unas ground forces.

Just some ideas that would make races more diverse and specialized while helping to improve the lore factor.

[1] 2 Next >>