• Xxdexterxx
  • Enthusiast
  • 206 posts
  • Reputation 2
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • *Sigh* Dominating the Galaxy. Do not disturb. :P
Apr 21 2013 9:59 pm

Looking through the members list, there are a lot of accounts I suspect to be spam-bots.<br /><br />My experience with forums tells me that most accounts with ICQ Messenger are spam-bots, as well as those with &quot;commercial like&quot; or gibberish names. Also, those with similar or numbered names are likely to be spam-bots, too.<br /><br />On forums I moderate, I check names &amp; emails against a spam-database before deciding what to do.<br /><br />[u]Why Remove Spam Accounts? - They&#039;re Not Doing Anything[/u]<br />Although they&#039;re not spamming everywhere, they&#039;re still not doing anything to help. If I want to find a specific member, they&#039;re actually making it harder for me to do so.<br /><br />Also, they clog the place up, throw off statistics/information, and are just plain spammy.<br /><br /><br />

• Semper
  • Respected
  • 615 posts
  • Reputation 6
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • Let the Galaxy Burn
Apr 25 2013 12:32 am

It is not so easy to remove accounts and there are hundreds, perhaps thousands of bot accounts. It would take a great deal of time to potentially remove them all. <br /><br />I say this, but then I only have a limited authority, there may be a permission set I don&#039;t have access to atm. <br /><br />In short when there are more forum staff with more time then deleting the bot accounts can be done. :)

• Lostone
  • Enthusiast
  • 266 posts
  • Reputation 2
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • My word is power
Apr 29 2013 8:07 pm

Removing spam bot-posts is no big deal. Banning the spam bots works in that regard. ;)<br />Deleting spam bot accounts can be done - at such time when it is deemed appropriate - in a more efficient way.