• Lorddougy
  • Irregular
  • 138 posts
  • Reputation 0
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • You should recognise the name in your attack logs
Aug 21 2012 9:56 pm

<br />A change to how agent defense vs motherships. Every 1 agent is now worth 500 defense points towards motherships.<br /><br /><br /><br />So thats 1200 agents to take down a mothership...&nbsp; <br /><br />1200 agents cost: 36,000 resources and 54,000 naq...<br />1 mothership cost: 600,000 resources and 600,000 naq..<br /><br />not quite sure how fair that is as it means if I have a planet with 1 crucible and 1201 agents, I could take down an attacking mothership...<br /><br />Maybe have for every agent, you need a jaffa with it to work and maybe make the agents only have 80 dmg.<br /><br /><br />1 mothership = 600,000 dmg,&nbsp; 600,000 resources,&nbsp; 600,000 naq<br /><br />3000 agents, 3000 jaffa = 600,000 dmg,&nbsp; 300,000 resources, 660,000 naq&nbsp; (consider how much spare naq ppl have not being used)<br /><br />What you guys think?<br /><br />Remember, jaffa and agents have other uses as well in these cases as well as defense against motherships.<br />

• Semper
  • Respected
  • 615 posts
  • Reputation 6
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • Let the Galaxy Burn
Aug 21 2012 10:19 pm

I disagree as that pretty much destroys the value of a mothership, which is likely only going to increase in cost come beta (from what I know). You&#039;d be better off just putting the resources into Alkesh bombers as an attacking force and forget MS&#039;s altogether, they&#039;d literally end up just being defence platforms as there is no current way to kill an enemies agents.&nbsp; <br /><br />26k resources and 54k naq? For the top 5 players right now that&#039;s [u]LESS[/u] than a days resources, actually it&#039;s less than half of a days resources. Opposed to a mothership which moves slower (than instantaneous gate travel) and cost&#039;s over ten times more. Not to mention agents also offer covert defence for all that extra power they have. Imagine how chaotic that&#039;s going to be two or three years down the line? We&#039;ll all have hundreds of motherships sitting on our planets doing JS. <br /><br />I think agents should only come into play against a mothership, or any force in fact that is besieging the world they are currently on, like a wild card sorta thing. Agents can make an attack, except rather than having a value they have a % chance to win. The more agents the higher the % to a maximum of 40% and with a permanent minimum of like 5%.&nbsp; <br /><br />So in this case i&#039;d say something more like 10,000 agents to get the maximum 40%. <br /><br />Rest of the time they should stay as they are.. capable of performing covert actions... spying. Add some sabotage in there but make it the right value.

• Shadowing
  • Devoted
  • 1440 posts
  • Reputation 240
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • Captain of the boat or captain of the Sea?
Aug 22 2012 1:41 am

agents die when you attack a planet.<br /><br />Agents are pretty expenisve if you include the fact they offer no defense towards other units so they are sitting ducks.<br /><br />1200 agents is 60,000 naqahdah, dought people are going to be placing 1200 agents on all their planets. Mostly likely just their home worlds.<br /><br /><br />I was going to have like crucibles have a bonus vs agents. So players would have to send crucibles with there mother ships to help knock down the agents.<br /><br /><br />Its hard to come up with ideas where the weak can play in a galaxy of mother ships. Mother ships need a weakness.<br /><br />Maybe i should go back to the idea of ratios where&nbsp; a larger number of units have a larger chance to win.. but then mother ships would be pretty useless as just 1 lol.<br /><br /><br />I can program anything so lets generate some ideas. The largest issue is motherships attacking with out losing any units.<br /><br />maybe just make it where motherships require alot of jaffa. So when motherships do attack they at least lose some jaffa.

What ever you can do or dream you can always begin it because boldness has genius, power and magic in it
  • Semper
  • Respected
  • 615 posts
  • Reputation 6
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • Let the Galaxy Burn
Aug 22 2012 9:50 am

Every planet I have attacked and taken the remaining agents have remained, and under my control and tryst me Shadowing.. if we knew 1.2k Agents were that powerful i&#039;d have 3.6k on [u]all[/u] my worlds.<br /><br />The Motherships weakness should be its price. 800k of each part (pyramid+ship) is too cheap for what they are, a moving fortress that can attack a lone and lose nothing. That&#039;s incredibly powerful for that cost. Bump the price up to like 1.5mill of each. A fortress cost&#039;s nearly a million and that only adds 10% defence, it can&#039;t move and fine, can&#039;t be destroyed. An MS at the time we picked them up.. added way more than 10% to our defences and attacks.

• Lorddougy
  • Irregular
  • 138 posts
  • Reputation 0
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • You should recognise the name in your attack logs
Aug 22 2012 10:02 am

Bombers:&nbsp; 50,000 dmg,&nbsp; cost: Res: 75,000&nbsp; Naq: 150,000<br /><br />MS: make it 600,000 dmg, cost: Res 900,000 Naq: 1,200,000<br /><br /><br />That way to get a mothership, yes you will have the option of having a flying object that can kill stuff without a lose but its only 600k dmg and if people don&#039;t defend against it then thats their problem. Don&#039;t make defense of planets or units easier or the game will just be lots of people camping at lvl 10.

• Shadowing
  • Devoted
  • 1440 posts
  • Reputation 240
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
Aug 22 2012 12:07 pm

As of yesterday agents was changed to being able to be killed.<br />so with agents being able to be killed no one would have 3600 agents one each planet. <br />but ya i dont like the agent thing either that i added.<br /><br /><br />how about bring mother ships down a bit.<br /><br />600k resources, 1.2 million naqahdah<br />worth 400k offense/defense<br /><br />now they are 8 times that of a bomber instead of 12.<br /><br />ya for some reason i didnt realize 600k was only 4 times that of a bomber lol.<br /><br /><br />I dont think 500 jaffa requires for each staff cannons is nessary anymore due to staff turrets being worth defense points now. a level 10 staff turret is 1258 defense<br /><br /><br />

What ever you can do or dream you can always begin it because boldness has genius, power and magic in it
  • Shadowing
  • Devoted
  • 1440 posts
  • Reputation 240
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
Aug 22 2012 12:27 pm

idk im even thinking 6x that of a bomber now<br /><br />the game cant support such a large unit like this.<br /><br /><br />300,000 defense/offense points<br /><br />900,000 naqahdah<br /><br />450,000 resources<br /><br /><br />Also fortresses were raised to 25 percent bonus a while back

• Semper
  • Respected
  • 615 posts
  • Reputation 6
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • Let the Galaxy Burn
Aug 22 2012 6:49 pm

hmmmm... here&#039;s an idea too. Why not add in a slave cost to a mothership. Keep the former power the same (600k offence/defence), keep the adjusted resource vales the same (600k and 1.2mill) and add in a slave cost of like 10k, or a supremacy point cost of 2 points. <br /><br />That way the construction of a mothership represents a large undertaking in both man power, resources and your ability to maintain your galactic stance (as afterall a massive project like this will weaken you temporarily as you divert resources and defence to the site, but when it&#039;s built it&#039;l major boost your dominance. Ergo the trade of 2 supremacy points to construct, 15 are given when constructed). <br /><br />It also represents the fact that you really have to be one bad ass mofo to be able to afford an MS, let a lone multiple ones. <br /><br />It will increase their long term value too as you wont have people building masses of them as doing so will hinder their resource productions, especially with the jaffa cost of taking new worlds (meaning it&#039;s expensive to build MS and ditch planet), and the drain on supremacy points meaning your space stations will be effected.

• Shadowing
  • Devoted
  • 1440 posts
  • Reputation 240
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
Aug 22 2012 8:23 pm

thats a really good idea about slave consumption.<br /><br /><br />idk im not sure im happy with 600k military points for the mother ship. but then again even with a mother ship at 600k it would only take 6 bombers to have a chance to destroy a mother ship due to the way the chances are now for the last unit. but going up against 2 mother ships would be pretty crazy.<br /><br /><br />if a mother ship is 600k defense, 1.2 million is actually to cheap for naqahdah. it would have to be 1.8 million. I can see the goa&#039;uld working slaves to death. so it makes sense for slaves to be used. It also gives another reason for people to want to build pyramid on more then 1 planet. People would want to keep homes high in level too to make slaves. maybe bombers should take a small amount of slaves too. bombers are quite large still.<br /><br />using mother ships at 400k military, i could decrease the chance of 4 bombers having the chance to destroy the mother ship. Actually i should change that a bit i can make the chance of that better. like for where 5 bombers have less chance of destorying the mother ship then 7 bombers. Which makes more sense,

• Neimenljivi
  • Irregular
  • 146 posts
  • Reputation 0
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • I love 26horses Productions
Aug 22 2012 9:09 pm

Motherships should be vulnerable towards bombers. MSs should also cost some resources and naq per cycle or per day, much like any other unit imho, as there should be a maintenance cost. MSs should destroy buildings on planets they attack. MSs should also kill not only enemy units but also friendly units, if there is a battle on a planet with both friend and foe forces (MS can&#039;t distinguish from space in a tight battle which are whose units). There should be a chance that even 1 unit can destroy a mothership, albeit a small chance (ok in the series it was against a bomber, but remember Teal&#039;c destroying a bomber with Tanith in it? Then he was trapped in the gate until a Goa&#039;uld that was in Adrian, captured by NID, revealed how they could get him out&nbsp; of the gate), but the more units, the bigger the chance. MSs should also be accompanied with troops that are inside them, whether a player chooses to send those troops in a ground attack or not should be optional (troops including crucibles, jaffas, gliders)<br /><br />Seriously the way it is now it&#039;s just like with the staff cannon, boring unless you are the first to get a MS in which case it&#039;s so damn easy to dominate the game, especially with there being no cost to take a planet and with MS being able to kill like 150k crucibles, possibly even more, dunno exactly, without a cost at all..<br /><br />~N

• Semper
  • Respected
  • 615 posts
  • Reputation 6
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • Let the Galaxy Burn
Aug 23 2012 12:01 am

I still think though Neim the MS weakness should be its price. It&#039;s old amount of power was right for what it represents at the new and hopefully future prices, a large vessel carrying an army and a small armada of bombers and death gliders. <br /><br />If you &#039;make it weak&#039; to bombers then you&#039;re overriding its entire essence so to speak, as we know for a fact bombers are weak to gliders (something the MS has tens of, maybe hundreds). <br /><br />600k defence/offence with it being susceptible to anything 400k or more is perfect. It&#039;s housing an army of say 5-10,000 jaffa (100-200k power), lets say 50 death gliders (200k) and the MS itself a massive floating platform capable of orbital bombardment, defence targeting planet wide acoustic broadcasting (IE propaganda) with multiple weapon systems equivalent to several bombers represents the last 200k. <br /><br />Now atm an MS cost&#039;s 600k resources and 1.2mill naq, likely to be raised to something in the region of 1.8mill naq and an additional amount of slave deaths, weakening economy and making your planet easier to take....<br /><br />and you still want to add another weakness to the MS? <br /><br />C&#039;mon chaps...

• Shadowing
  • Devoted
  • 1440 posts
  • Reputation 240
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
Aug 23 2012 1:37 pm

Still not even sure how maintaince cost would work. Since naqahdah, resources is planet base not a global stat. players could just keep there fleets in flight to advoid maintaince cost. <br /><br />I like how everyone keeps bringing up teal&#039;c destroying the Alkesh. The bomber was already damage with its shields down before teal&#039;c started attacking it with his death glider<br /><br />and the mother ship had its shields down when the bomber was attacking the mother ship.<br /><br />Gliders dont have shields, bombers do.<br /><br /><br />How about this idea. instead of food/maintance have another building that players level. this building controls the max amount of units the planet can have of military units.<br /><br />or maybe use guard posts for this. if a player has a low level of guard posts&nbsp; to how many military units is on the planet the then mlitary units that are not protected are higher subject to sabotage. So the building isnt a true military population max but if players go over the max then they are subject to agents destroying there military. This way guard posts become even more useful too. THey will also keep there orginal purpose also. Plus gives agents another mission. I can create a stat showing how many units you can keep on a planet safely. Fleet of ships that are seiging a planet can become vulnable to these agent attacks if they dont have say enough crucibles guarding or jaffa. Also give motherhips and bombers a unit capacity.<br /><br />I plan to make all pictures clickable where you can click on a picture and it will tell you about the building and even what the building is doing for the planet. I&#039;ll still keep planet stats too so you can see all at once. but this window will also show how guide information too what the unit does in the game and stuff. I want to do this so the game is easier to play for new players.

[1] 2 Next >>