26horses Forum
  • Shadowing
  • Devoted
  • 1440 posts
  • Reputation 240
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • Captain of the boat or captain of the Sea?
Aug 07 2022 3:00 am

Planning to start a new server here next week guys.

Several changes coming up this week.
The map is gonna be the same but smaller.
Newbie boost according to how long the round has been going on.
Ships will no longer be shown on the map
Radar is being changed to how the old Astro Wars worked using a news feed but this feed will be shown in the Radar window instead to help seperate it from regular news.

Alliances will no longer reinforce each other anymore. So alliances will be able to attack each other like in old Astro Wars.
With doing that update it will already take care of how leaving alliances is handled with reinforced units since there won't be any. Won't have to worry about displaying multiple forces on a planet as well.
Stock System will be disabled until tested and finished better on a new test server opening up.

Lot of battle engine, battle tool and battle result updates in next update.

Think this handles most of the concerns. Post anything you think I've missed.

What ever you can do or dream you can always begin it because boldness has genius, power and magic in it
  • Darthtang
  • Irregular
  • 41 posts
  • Reputation 14
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • I love 26horses Productions
Aug 07 2022 3:13 am

Energy needs to be allowed to push higher. A cap at 15 minutes to attack enemy at max speed is fine. But Alliance members still need half travel time to each other to be allowed to intercept the incoming. Otherwise 15 minute attacks are not able to be defended.

Math science doesn’t seem to help with losses at all. As math increases percentage of ships lost in battle should decrease.

Alliance screen needs to share more info on it, incomings, planet builds of players, fleet positions. Etc.

• Darthtang
  • Irregular
  • 41 posts
  • Reputation 14
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
Aug 07 2022 3:17 am

And a countdown feature.

• Garby
  • Irregular
  • 46 posts
  • Reputation 24
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • Loco Mofos, where we are crazy and like moms
Aug 07 2022 3:17 am

+100 for Darths list.

Garby, Lord of the dance
  • Garby
  • Irregular
  • 46 posts
  • Reputation 24
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • Loco Mofos, where we are crazy and like moms
Aug 07 2022 3:24 am

Also is there going to be clarity to what the battle system changes are or are we going in blind and have to test to figure it out?

Garby, Lord of the dance
  • Shadowing
  • Devoted
  • 1440 posts
  • Reputation 240
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
Aug 07 2022 3:32 am

I'll create a list. But the goal is. To make sure all the features are working like they did in old astrowars including mathematics.

Other things are player lvl bonuses, math and physics +6 lvl bonus etc.

The new battle tool and results will allow us to see all that clearly.

What ever you can do or dream you can always begin it because boldness has genius, power and magic in it
  • Eliguiux
  • Irregular
  • 3 posts
  • Reputation 2
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
Aug 07 2022 3:50 am

awesome shadowing

• Cooch
  • Irregular
  • 5 posts
  • Reputation 1
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
Aug 07 2022 4:14 am

In old AW we were able to select our travel speed from 1 up to the max your science development allowed. This provided players the ability to launch what we used to call "ghost fleets" to a planet that was going to be lost to an enemy.

Also old AW had an alliance screen, that immediately showed any attack on any alliance member the moment you logged onto the game.

As drthtang pointed out travel time to an alliance member owned planet was 50% of the travel time to a non alliance or enemy planet. This was, in my mind, a crucial part of of defense strategy.

There were also tools to calculate travel times from one system to another which provided attack strategies when planing an invasion.

also there was no incoming fleet notification to a planet that was seiged but not owned by the player.

This is just few of the things i can think of at the moment.

I do believe this game has great potential and can, if suggestions are implemented, be as good or better than the original.

Perhaps others can chime in with their thoughts.

• Darthtang
  • Irregular
  • 41 posts
  • Reputation 14
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
Aug 07 2022 4:17 am

Since there is no stock market a trader class in bonuses would be appealing to some

And let us test things in this server before starting the new round.

• Shadowing
  • Devoted
  • 1440 posts
  • Reputation 240
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
Aug 07 2022 4:25 am

we can allow more time for testing. Next round is also still considered beta.

Probably won't be do anymore server set backs. Pretty much done with that.
If a bug exist it will just be a feature and we will figure it out for the next round and so forth.
I also don't want to be making changes to stuff during rounds too once its out of beta.

• Cooch
  • Irregular
  • 5 posts
  • Reputation 1
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
Aug 07 2022 4:44 am

dup

• Shadowing
  • Devoted
  • 1440 posts
  • Reputation 240
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
Aug 07 2022 5:16 am

Ya we can get ship adjustable speed inserted. Think you needed certain energy to do that.

[1] 2 3 4 5 Next >>