• Bloknat
  • Irregular
  • 28 posts
  • Reputation 13
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • I love 26horses Productions
Jul 29 2022 10:38 pm

I made these suggestions to SD by email, but I leave it in the forum in case someone has a better idea and see what you think or which one you see more useful.

In some other post was commented the possibility to limit the Off World fleets, so everything is related, but right now to move a fleet or load Off World sometimes it takes more than 4 seconds, and also you have to make a long scroll depending on the name of the system, to improve it I would add:

By default only return fleets with a CV greater than 3(could be a customizable option in settings per player, and that by default it would be 0), so there will be a few fleets from which to select the one you want.

If the player wants to select one of those with a lower CV, there could be a radiobutton, checkbox or combolist that says ALL or FILTER, and a new request will be executed and refresh the screen with the data.

One option that SD suggested to me was to be able to click on the column to sort the fleets, but if there is a loading time issue this does not solve it, but it does speed up once the list is loaded.

Other ideas that I proposed before experiencing issues with load times
1) Filter fleets composed only of CS
2) Filter fleets with only 1 DS (technique to have radar)
3) Textbox to search by planet name(type part of the system name and have the fleet list filtered)
4) Add textbox in each column of fleet type and put a number N and only show the fleets that have N or more ships of that type. So if i want to search my fleet I will put in the BS field 100 and only fleets with >= 100 BS will be shown

• Garby
  • Irregular
  • 46 posts
  • Reputation 24
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • Loco Mofos, where we are crazy and like moms
Aug 01 2022 1:37 pm

I like the idea, but the problem is the mass sieging of planets . . . that's the actual problem that needs to be solved. I would be more inclined to solve it via a "new" ship type or a new off world building that can serve the purpose.

In a similar game I played at one time, Astro Empires, there was the scout ship, which was intended to be placed on an empty planet, which then gave you the ability to gather intel in the area it sat. This is basically what we are doing, using a DS as a scout ship to act as a forward intel point. Scout ships would have 0 cv and could be displayed in a separate section of the game so that the combat ships would be then only listed in the fleet section.

Alternatively, we could create a new building type, that can be built on non-colonized planets, "Outpost" which serves the purpose to provide intel on the system. it would require a colony ship to move PP to the planet. only one player could have an Outpost, so that would limit the information available to the team. Not as good an idea in my opinion.

Garby, Lord of the dance
  • Bloknat
  • Irregular
  • 28 posts
  • Reputation 13
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • I love 26horses Productions
Aug 01 2022 8:30 pm

The simplest thing to do would be to limit the Off World fleets.
If it is not limited, then the best option would be the new scout ship type and have it appear in a new tab so that it does not load by default.