• Garby
  • Irregular
  • 46 posts
  • Reputation 24
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • Loco Mofos, where we are crazy and like moms
Jul 24 2022 2:24 am

during our fights with AO, I was able to gather significant data on both wins and losses and have concluded that math isn't actually being used in the equation for fleet loss.

The equation I am using:

CV destroyed * 1-(Math science/100)+(-1*Defense percentage (makes a bonus - and a malus +))-(additional bonus for 6 levels math science) = CV loss

With this, if I have a math of 32, I should completely negate a defense malus of -4, but I have not seen any change as my math has gotten higher and I consistently lose more fleet than my opponent has killed.

Additionally, the fleet is destroyed in the order of the ship size, so all the DS take loss initially, then CR start taking damage once all the DS are gone, and then finally the BS start to take losses once the CR destroyed.

In theory, the CR is the defensively favored ship, so they should take fewer losses, and their destruction should be reduced but it appears it's just completely based on the CV lost on the number of ships destroyed.

finally, I think I've concluded that a ship has to be destroyed more than 75% before it's lost, unless you do something like I saw we did were it was the following

0/0/1 vs 1/1/1 - so we killed a 60 CV BS, but lost all three of our ships. Because the math malus wasn't negated.

Math was 24, Def was -4, so based on how I believe it should calculate, the loss of CV should have only been 8% more than 60, so 64.8. Since the ships are destroyed in size order, the DS is destroyed at 3 CV, the CS at 24, so, 27 of the 60 is paid for, leaving 38 CV left (rounding up). 38CV is 63% of a BS destroyed, so it should have survived based on the 75% that the BC shows, but we lost the BS. If I remove the math science, we jump to 79.2 CV to pay for, and 52.2 CV the BS has to take, which then puts it at 87% destroyed and it's gone . . .

But if the CR is a defensive ship, those shouldn't pay CV back with a 1:1 ratio, but rather 1:2 as indicated in the manual, so that should actually account for 48cv, not 24, and the BS should have survived.

I really don't care how it works, I just want to make sure I understand how things work. Currently there is no reason to push Math or build anything other than DS since you can "pay for your losses" with the most precise "payment" and remove the 75% threshold.

Garby, Lord of the dance
  • Shadowing
  • Devoted
  • 1440 posts
  • Reputation 240
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • Captain of the boat or captain of the Sea?
Jul 24 2022 2:36 am

I'm launching a giant upgrade to the battle engine tomorrow.

Image below of the new battle tool

What ever you can do or dream you can always begin it because boldness has genius, power and magic in it
  • Darthtang
  • Irregular
  • 41 posts
  • Reputation 14
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • I love 26horses Productions
Jul 24 2022 3:55 am

Will the battle engine address the current issue that mathematics appears to be a useless science? No matter my math level, nor my opponents math level my losses during battle remain the same percentage as day 1. Cruisers are described as a defense minded ship (minimizing losses at the expense of attack power) but these ships do not seem to adjust the fleet losses during battle either.

• Garby
  • Irregular
  • 46 posts
  • Reputation 24
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • Loco Mofos, where we are crazy and like moms
Jul 24 2022 9:50 pm

Shadowing - - can you please give clarity into the battle calculations? It's not for any sort of hacking or stealing of your code, I only want to validate what it is doing. As stated above, there are several calculations that seem off and I am more that willing to assist in the calculations, I'm pretty good at math. I understand if you don't want to share, but I think if you did we could all benefit. Additionally, then there isn't any one out there getting information that isn't provided to others as I have heard in various conversations that some people have been given information because they asked, which is fine, but then you don't have to answer the same question to 70 different people. :)

Garby, Lord of the dance