• Bloknat
  • Irregular
  • 28 posts
  • Reputation 13
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • I love 26horses Productions
Jul 25 2022 6:31 am

I agree Garby, when I saw the level changes I thought the same thing and sent an email on 07/23 11:48PM with the following words:

"Right now the players with the highest science are:
Judo - 59
Connormcjesus - 50
Cujo - 48

So if the change is made now, these players will have an advantage.
One option is to apply the new levels starting at level 60...."

PS: I don't think anyone is worried about winning.
Even though we are in a beta, the changes should be "balanced" so as not to lose active players who are still testing.
I didn't propose any roll back but I think it has been the right thing to do, if it matters that a player has gained around 225M because the PL level is not according to the price of the SUs. There are players who lost their fleets and Cujo's final fleet was probably invincible, you will know best how much CV he had. Is it going to be fun for the rest to keep playing or just for you guys?

• Shadowing
  • Devoted
  • 1440 posts
  • Reputation 240
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • Captain of the boat or captain of the Sea?
Jul 25 2022 1:20 pm

Was there more than one fleet defending on the planet where a player lost all of there fleet defending.

This is how it works.

Say 3 fleets are defending.

It uses the collective of all fleets combat value to determine win or lose.
But when it comes to losses.
It chooses armies in the order of what ever order it chooses when puling them from the data base. SO i don't have a order set for it.

Say there are 40 percent losses. and the total combat value was 100k

40 percent of that is how many kill points will be used. So 40k.

say the first fleet defending only has 20k. That fleet is wiped out.
Say the 2nd fleet has 60k. That fleet is left with 20k surviving.

So was this a case of more than one fleet defending?

What ever you can do or dream you can always begin it because boldness has genius, power and magic in it
  • Shadowing
  • Devoted
  • 1440 posts
  • Reputation 240
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • Captain of the boat or captain of the Sea?
Jul 25 2022 1:30 pm

Ok so for figuring losses.

$obviation = defense_stat()[$array['defense']] +
get_table_value(mathematics_table(),$array['mathematics']);

so other wise defense stat + math percentages.
If more than one army is defending it uses the average between the armies defending.

Also this is calcuated in on next version.
A Mathematics level six points higher than that of an Attacking opponent will give you a 25% bonus towards defense. Once again it does this for each player and then takes the average.

takes the average to make it fair for the attacker. Also it does losses for one army at a time to make it fair to the attacker too. Since he is risking lossing his whole fleet when he attacks. Seems fair he should have the chance to leave a devasting blow to someones fleet if he looses.

If the community doesnt like that we can change that where loss percentage is spread out instead.

What ever you can do or dream you can always begin it because boldness has genius, power and magic in it
  • Bloknat
  • Irregular
  • 28 posts
  • Reputation 13
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • I love 26horses Productions
Jul 25 2022 2:29 pm

When calculating losses, if there are 3 fleets defending and one is +4D 32%, another is 0D 0% and the third is -4D -32% in case of winning, the first should lose less than the second and much less than the third.

If each one brings 30kCV, total = 90kCV and you calculate that they have to lose 30kCV it is not fair that one of the 3 randomly is eliminated and the other 2 remain untouched.
It would have to lose each one a % of the total, taking into account its defense and mathematics.

In the end it is so complicated to make these calculations and even more to explain them that my conclusion is: several fleets defending, several combats.
https://forum.26horses.com/?page=topic&data=2774

<< Previous 1 [2]