• Garby
  • Irregular
  • 46 posts
  • Reputation 24
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • Loco Mofos, where we are crazy and like moms
Jul 23 2022 2:19 pm

Great now I have to go mow the grass instead of moving my pretend fleets round, terrorizing the universe's sheep.

Have a great day today folks.

Garby, Lord of the dance
  • Vaport
  • Irregular
  • 19 posts
  • Reputation 4
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • I love 26horses Productions
Jul 23 2022 6:05 pm

why are we rolled back? what was broken?

• Bloknat
  • Irregular
  • 28 posts
  • Reputation 13
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
Jul 23 2022 6:11 pm

Culture, science and production. It has not been restored to what it was 2 days ago, we had the same as without the restore.

• Vaport
  • Irregular
  • 19 posts
  • Reputation 4
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
Jul 23 2022 6:20 pm

I mean the first rollback. Science, culture etc. stayed the same or increased after the rollback. Are we trying to fix the tables that gave no added benefit to sciences above 30? And what was wrong with culture?

• Bloknat
  • Irregular
  • 28 posts
  • Reputation 13
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
Jul 23 2022 6:25 pm

The first roll back is for PL levels.
From 30 onwards it would go up with 4257pts, that's why Cujo got to PL307... and that way he got N SUs that at the price they are the fleet he lost would recover it and increase, it didn't make sense.

I'm sure Garby and Cujo reported the bug so no one would exploit it. ;))

• Vaport
  • Irregular
  • 19 posts
  • Reputation 4
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
Jul 23 2022 7:48 pm

I think everyone saw what happened. But without clarity about what was wrong and how it was fixed I feel like my eyes are closed and I might as well keep farming forever.

• Bloknat
  • Irregular
  • 28 posts
  • Reputation 13
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
Jul 23 2022 7:57 pm

SD can explain it better, I gave him the formula used in the old AW to calculate the player levels and from what I understood he has implemented it so that now from level 30 each level requires more points....

The difference is that the previous level 307 is now 100.

And players above level 30 had their levels readjusted based on their kill points.

• Vaport
  • Irregular
  • 19 posts
  • Reputation 4
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
Jul 23 2022 8:27 pm

thanks for the info. I just wanted to know what the solution was so that we were educated on how PL would work in the future.

• Garby
  • Irregular
  • 46 posts
  • Reputation 24
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
Jul 24 2022 9:46 pm

@Bloknat - - there wasn't a known bug, and we weren't trying to exploit anything. We were fighting like the game intends. If PL 307 equates to 100, then the PL table isn't going high enough lol. That PL came from three different battles, one where Cujo crashed into what we assume to be NHU and Acquario and then a battle where I was supposed to land first (something is off on the timing of battles) but Cujo did and hit and destroyed 2.1m CV of fleet of Rocca, FoxmCloud and Rasputine. Shaggy looped his fleet and crashed back on to my fleet, which because stacked fleets get full XP, Cujo was reward for that XP too. He was rewarded with about 2.5m CV of XP over several hours . . . that's only a small portion of the fleets in the universe, so PL over 100 will be possible.

Additionally, right now, math isn't applied correctly to battles, victor is always losing more than that is destroyed, so getting SU's from battles is the only way to make up for the bad calculations. I have brought this up, Shadowing indicated he has a new battle system, but until it's implemented, with the higher PL requirements, fighting is a losing proposition.

So, we fought and played the game like it was intended, and sure, Cujo was probably overly compensated, but at the same time, we aren't off FF like several other alliances to push PL or killing off every solo that existed. I'm sure that HNU getting their lost fleets had nothing to do with your complaints about the "bug."

Garby, Lord of the dance
  • Bloknat
  • Irregular
  • 28 posts
  • Reputation 13
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
Jul 24 2022 10:58 pm

Hi Garby,

Of course it has to do with having lost fleet because due to that BR we saw the losses suffered by Cujo 110,499 DS and that he had gained 56 SUs, which at the price they were at that day was 48,062,616 A$ and with eco 0 it was 133,507 DS.
He was not losing fleet, he was increasing it... Does it seem odd?

We asked how PL was calculated from level 30 and confirmed that it was increasing with 4257pts each level.

Why didn't we report it before? Because the last fleet we defeated was on 07/10 when the price of the SU was 272,814A$ and with the money obtained the losses were not compensated, which is logical.
In 12 days SU tripled its value.

So using math we exposed the following unbalance in the game:

From level 30 it takes 4257 pts to level up.
Divided by 3 is 1419 DS to destroy to gain 1 level = 1 SU.
The price of the SU that day was 858,261A$/360(eco0) = 2384DS that you earn with each SU.

The conclusion is that as long as the SU was above 510,840A$ it would be profitable to attack (as long as you win) and the fleets would not stop growing.

And a further issue of course, if you implement the bonus of gaining 1% Attack 1% Defense for each player level difference, fighting someone who is player level 307 doesn't seem very balanced, or does it to you?

In spite of now using the old formula, the ratio between player level and SU price is still unbalanced, because in the old game SU had a value of 600-2500A$.

Un saludo,

• Garby
  • Irregular
  • 46 posts
  • Reputation 24
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
Jul 24 2022 11:23 pm

I don't disagree at all about the issues with the SU prices (and the stock market for that fact) and the PL 307 would be a problem for sure, but that's not currently in any of the calculations. At this point, it's probably better to not implement PL calculations due to the way they will change the game this round. I have been waiting for those changes to be implemented, and really, going back to Astrofarm until they are if they are going to be released since the benefits of waiting are SIGNIFICANT (assuming that the math calculation is fixed like I have requested) . . . that needs to be announced and not just left out there "that it is coming."

But again, as I said before, our PL was earned in honest battle, and AO had also benefited from the same PL bug which rewarded them with fleet to fight with and we didn't complain, we kept fighting and building fleet.

My point is that we weren't trying to exploit something, we were just playing the game and happened to have an insanely large battle with two sides over 2m adjusted CV fighting it out . . . never in the history has battles of that size taken place and as a result, a roll back. As there aren't even win conditions yet, why does it even matter, you can't win the round, so it's better to play and test.

Garby, Lord of the dance
  • Garby
  • Irregular
  • 46 posts
  • Reputation 24
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
Jul 25 2022 12:46 am

Also, should I demand that sciences now get rolled back? People that pushed sciences high, have an advantage that now for someone else to push sciences as high will cost significantly more time. Some people probably have a couple sciences above 40, and now they've used that "exploit" without reporting it to Shadowing, so why hasn't that been rolled back or recalculated. Science's directly contribute to points, so that's only fair in my opinion.

Garby, Lord of the dance
[1] 2 Next >>