26horses Forum
  • Shadowing
  • Devoted
  • 1440 posts
  • Reputation 240
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • Captain of the boat or captain of the Sea?
Jul 21 2012 8:54 pm

actually the game expansion will help people have reason to attack to gain experiance to get points to spend in the attirbute window.<br /><br /><br />When you siege a planet the player cant build units on it or obtain anything from the planet.<br /><br />Are you saying how do you defeat a player? If you seige there planet they cant use the planet. I could make it where if a player seiges a planet long enough the owner loses ownership of the planet.<br /><br />The food system im adding in the game will help with people spreading their forces out quite a bit.<br />not sure how to handle the issue with military not needig to eat while seiging a planet lol.

What ever you can do or dream you can always begin it because boldness has genius, power and magic in it
  • Lorddougy
  • Irregular
  • 138 posts
  • Reputation 0
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • You should recognise the name in your attack logs
Jul 21 2012 9:04 pm

[quote author=Shadowing link=topic=239.msg2751#msg2751 date=1342904090]<br /><br />Are you saying how do you defeat a player? If you seige there planet they cant use the planet. I could make it where if a player seiges a planet long enough the owner loses ownership of the planet.<br /><br />The food system im adding in the game will help with people spreading their forces out quite a bit.<br />not sure how to handle the issue with military not needig to eat while seiging a planet lol.<br />[/quote]<br /><br />I like that idea of seiging and then over time taking over the planet.<br /><br />Maybe (stealing off Total War) - It takes 5 days to take over a planet when seiging the planet Every day you wait it costs 1% less jaffa to take the planet.<br /><br />ie you attack a planet and defeat the army<br />(first) day 1 - 5% jaffa to slaves to take over<br />day 2 - 4% jaffa needed<br />day 3 - 3% ... etc<br /><br />And your food problem, well the incentive of the taking over the planet straight away is that every day you wait you lose 2% of the troops guarding the planet. (not sure how to solve it if they just leave a mothership unless you make jaffa go with everything)<br /><br />You may think well then ppl will just leave 10 troops to seige then to not lose many troops... but that means the seige can easily be broken. <br />

• Shadowing
  • Devoted
  • 1440 posts
  • Reputation 240
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • Captain of the boat or captain of the Sea?
Jul 21 2012 9:19 pm

actually i could do the math to where it cost of jaffa goes down by the minute of seiging the planet, with 5 days being 0 cost. but i dont know the idea does kinda seem pointless<br /><br /><br />i was more concern with people throwing all their military on a planet they dont own so they can have all theire army in one place with out costing food and maintenance. But then again if they do that then their army isnt protecting their planets. Now that i think of it i think this is the reason i took food out of the game lol. Cause i couldnt come up wiht a solution to that

What ever you can do or dream you can always begin it because boldness has genius, power and magic in it
  • Lorddougy
  • Irregular
  • 138 posts
  • Reputation 0
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • You should recognise the name in your attack logs
Jul 21 2012 9:34 pm

It seems your main issue is with everyone having their armies on one planet instead of spaced out. <br /><br />Well you could have it that you can only have 3x (or another multiple) the number of slaves you have on the planet? <br />Will work with motherships etc as you said you wanted to have jaffa with the motherships.<br /><br />The only issue I see with that, is when you want to launch an attack on someone you wont be able to gather all your units in one ball and then launch in one go at the enemy.<br /><br /><br /><br />You do seem keen on food. Could always create another unit that is like the transport (or use the transport) and say the transport can feed 2k troops or something. So when they are seiging and dont plan on taking over, they need transports to feed their armies. (or another unit that can fit through the gate preferably)

• Aaron1178
  • Irregular
  • 134 posts
  • Reputation 1
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • Dovakiin Dragonborn
Jul 22 2012 11:39 am

Why should it not be able for a person to horde their troops on a planet? I mean what if you where that kind of person, where your just build up an army awaiting to be attacked? This just seems to be a waste of potential SSL has to offer. Sorry to sound like an asshole Shadowy, but I don&#039;t like restrictive games that much.

• Neimenljivi
  • Irregular
  • 146 posts
  • Reputation 0
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • I love 26horses Productions
Jul 22 2012 2:45 pm

I too agree that one should be able to keep all the stuff on one planet, if one desires so.<br />After all - it is a punishment of some sort that you have almost 0 defence on all other planets then.. Dunno, just doesn&#039;t seem right to me that you would be limited by something like this..<br /><br />~N

• Semper
  • Respected
  • 615 posts
  • Reputation 6
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • Let the Galaxy Burn
Jul 23 2012 12:41 am

I also dislike being able to have all your troops on the same world, however with the game mechanics its completely unappeasable to have it otherwise. Imagine you go to bed, 150k crucibles, 40 cannon and 2 bombers spread out. Larger, more badass mofo comes a long and amasses their army into one place then goes from one world you own to the next, attacking your split up and far weaker forces with their superior numbers. It&#039;s just nonsense. <br /><br />To force people to split their armies up, you need to do something like reduce the numbers sent through the gate at any one time, or limit peoples ability to attack in an unlimited fashion (an exhaustion limit, like you suggested before). Otherwise you&#039;re going to get one or two people that rush mass armies and just go from world to world cleaning up to make sure they have no true competition, our defence against people so far has either been to bury the gate or make it far from profitable.

• Lordcruz
  • Irregular
  • 80 posts
  • Reputation 0
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
Jul 24 2012 8:28 pm

i think things are getting a little too complicated. adding too many things to a game can be as bad as not adding enough.&nbsp; at least give us the option to take 20 planets.&nbsp; as for food make it so you have to build 1 farm for every 3000 or so of any people on the planet regardless of what they are.&nbsp; and how about adding random attacks by other a.i.&nbsp; races on players planet&nbsp; to keep us on our toes.&nbsp; :D

• Druskov
  • Irregular
  • 84 posts
  • Reputation 0
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • Mwahaha Mwahahaha- *cough cough* heh hairball...
Jul 26 2012 7:45 pm

@lordcruz I like that idea sounds simple yet id enjoy it :P<br /><br />Ive seen games where if they are forced to only do pvp and have no npc&#039;s you lose alot of players because of mentality, take eve for instance if it was just wars and pvp there would be no economy or miners or other things among that it would lose alot of depth and only attract one player type :P so if you focus one playstyle your closing your doors to alot of people id say dont open to much but open enough where it wont seem so daunting in some senses.

• Neimenljivi
  • Irregular
  • 146 posts
  • Reputation 0
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
Jul 26 2012 7:54 pm

http://www.26horses.com/forum/index.php/topic,17.20.html<br /><br />There were some more ideas that include A.I. system lords in the topic I posted above.<br />I, as you can see in that other topic, am very much for adding A.I. into the game.<br /><br />~N

<< Previous 1 [2]