26horses Forum
  • Druskov
  • Irregular
  • 84 posts
  • Reputation 0
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • Mwahaha Mwahahaha- *cough cough* heh hairball...
Jul 10 2012 11:40 pm

I know that balance has prolly been the hot topic lately and for good reason no one expected such a rapid growth all of sudden from a few players and their continued rapid growth. <br /><br />Now from what I read in the guide and from what I experienced through forums and the faq about this game was larger dominion players would have a harder time growing and would be extemely deterred from just killing lower lvl dominion players because it would hurt them more than what they would gain. From what I have seen thats almost not true... If a player gets some power it almost grows out of control until hes at the top of the group, then if he wants without even really losing much can attack weak players forcing them to be weak making people your own dominion level to easily topple you. There is very little stopping powerful players atm from killing others than the fact they seem more interested in defeating each other for the time being giving low level dominion players very little breathing room.<br /><br /><br />Sure most of us lower level dominion players burried our sg&#039;s in sheer fear of just being bushwacked by these giants, but they still have so much power that soon they could just build a shipyard and send their stuff to our planet that way still leaving us kinda being stomped on. <br /><br />Im not saying this has happened nor am I saying it will its a might and in my eyes this system still needs reworking. <br /><br />Sure I could have followed their route used cannons got more planets made myself turtle up with 20 cannons, become an expansionist using op units to continue making myself supreme ruler of galaxy, but then Id be a hypocrite preaching about things I did myself. I mean shoot I love strategy games but this doesn&#039;t at all feel very strategy like what so ever. It feels like build, spam some units, send them here. There is no point if I can&#039;t mix my armies try to find something I like that not many can copy and make work for them.. At this point everyone is spamming the build button on bury sg or cannon.<br /><br />I guess what Im suggesting here through this lengthy long winded explanation is there revisions being made about the current system because I would like to suggest is there should be more balance yes we are supposed to find bugs, but in a term wouldn&#039;t be good idea to use us for balancing because come release day or beta there will be whole lot more complaints about the system and how it works.<br /><br /><br />(Yes I know the cannon is being reworked Im just curious if your doing more than cannon)<br /><br />Wish I could edit this more or look over but Im hitting the road going back home :)<br />I will read replies when I get back home.

• Semper
  • Respected
  • 615 posts
  • Reputation 6
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • Let the Galaxy Burn
Jul 11 2012 10:10 am

Something is likely to be added in regards to Dominion Level (preventing you from attacking players to far below you, it&#039;s mentioned in another topic). Also we&#039;ve suggested something else about the amount of times you can move an army in a given period, but that one is still early days.

• Lorddougy
  • Irregular
  • 138 posts
  • Reputation 0
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • You should recognise the name in your attack logs
Jul 11 2012 10:43 am

The army delay will effect the lower ranks more than the big ranks, as the the big guys will just not use all their army in attacks so can attack multiple ppl, while the lower ppl need to use their entire army so will have to wait and not be able to move anything. <br /><br />It is against the following the tv series as well, its a stargate so you can move about constantly, while the ships have a delay in them as they take a long time to get anywhere

• Semper
  • Respected
  • 615 posts
  • Reputation 6
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • Let the Galaxy Burn
Jul 11 2012 1:07 pm

Not a delay in that manner.. think of it more as an exhaustion clause.

• Druskov
  • Irregular
  • 84 posts
  • Reputation 0
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • Mwahaha Mwahahaha- *cough cough* heh hairball...
Jul 11 2012 3:52 pm

Cool thanks for the info been sorta busy couldn&#039;t really tell what was being added or tried out in the game.

• Shadowing
  • Devoted
  • 1440 posts
  • Reputation 240
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • Captain of the boat or captain of the Sea?
Jul 13 2012 8:04 pm

Also alot of temporatry things are set into place only for alpha testing. The whole point of alpha testing was to test things out so i can make adjustments. The update that was just now released would of fixed that entire start out problem. now when players attack with staff cannons they lose units that they purchase them selves instead of a unit being produced by a building every cycle.

What ever you can do or dream you can always begin it because boldness has genius, power and magic in it