• Semper
  • Respected
  • 615 posts
  • Reputation 6
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • Let the Galaxy Burn
Jul 09 2012 11:58 pm

Please place all suggested ideas in regards to the staff cannon power issue here.<br /><br />There is to be no moaning regarding the power imbalance being abused (we know already). This is a thread for construction and suggestion, not negativity.&nbsp;

• Shadowing
  • Devoted
  • 1440 posts
  • Reputation 240
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • Captain of the boat or captain of the Sea?
Jul 10 2012 1:05 am

Well, one idea can be offering a unit that would be good against Staff Cannons, but of course this weapon/unit would also need a downside, such as they are vulnerable against Jaffa if used alone to defend a world (Or they can be used in collaboration with other units for some good ratios?). They have no attack as it is meant solely for defense. <br /><br />It should be a bit cheaper than the staff cannon and have less defense than a Death Glider, but still usable as a good defense than many would want to use.<br /><br />From what I&#039;ve seen in the show, certain ships are good against others. Like the Death Glider is better against The mid-range bomber, and the mid-range bomber is good against Motherships, Well it would take a little more than usual to take one out, but you know what I mean.<br /><br />This can&nbsp; actually all be seen in Stargate SG1 Seaon 4 Episode 22 (Exodus). The mid-range bomber worked really well against the Hatak because &quot;it&#039;s too quick&quot; quote by Jacob/Selmak<br /><br />Going back on topic, like the Bomber does with the Hatak, there should be a cheaper unit to go against the Staff Cannons. Atm, no one is in the position to buy a Death Glider, especially with some many people rocking the Staff Cannons and taking over planets and not allowing anyone to build anything.<br /><br />Furthermore, if my previous suggestion isn&#039;t good enough, then I recommend a full military reset (All units are reset and a timer should be placed so no one can build any units for a certain period of time) Like Shadowing would say when a bug screws you over, you don&#039;t get anything back as repayment, suck it up. Well, no one (especially the cannon users- You know who you are) would like this but suck it up, its ruining everyone else&#039;s chances of actually trying out the game and getting somewhere with it, it also is like someone said before, not allowing others to find bugs, or at least help in the detection of them, you can&#039;t fix something you don&#039;t know is there because some people are more interested in playing the game as if it was the real deal.<br /><br />However it is NOT, the Alpha Testing is mainly to search for bugs, I don&#039;t believe there are any more bugs dealing with attacking others seeing as so many people have been attacked recently and would have been reported a long time ago (I believe some were already reported) I&#039;m not saying stop attacking forever, but the least people can do is stow it down a bit so others can get the opportunity to actually help out the community as a whole.<br /><br />Thank you.<br />BDK <br /><br />

What ever you can do or dream you can always begin it because boldness has genius, power and magic in it
  • Druskov
  • Irregular
  • 84 posts
  • Reputation 0
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • Mwahaha Mwahahaha- *cough cough* heh hairball...
Jul 10 2012 1:20 am

I like the idea of maybe secondary unit to take out staff cannons, but its kinda difficult since there isn&#039;t many jaffa units or tech jaffa used.. <br /><br />As for possibly reworking mechanics on turret, instead of forcing jaffa to go around with it for now force a limit on how many can be controlled until it can be balanced more because as it stands those players will just make others not want to test and eventually alpha will fall through because it will be like 4 players with nothing to do.<br /><br />My ideas for making gameplay more balanced ummm how bout a limit on how many of each unit(just a thought) for your dominion level. So say dominion lvl of 2 - 2k jaffa, 1 staff cannon, 0 others. As dominion goes up you can start to build more however maybe a limit on how much you can build based on how many planets you have (remember we will have a huge galaxy it wont take much to get planets). <br /><br />But yeah idk just throwing out ideas :P

• Shadowing
  • Devoted
  • 1440 posts
  • Reputation 240
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
Jul 10 2012 3:13 am

made a pretty large change on this issue, check game updates. Not total fixing it but working on it.

What ever you can do or dream you can always begin it because boldness has genius, power and magic in it
  • Shadowing
  • Devoted
  • 1440 posts
  • Reputation 240
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
Jul 10 2012 10:42 am

Thank you Shadowing, anything is better than nothing :)