• Sadeyes
  • Enthusiast
  • 238 posts
  • Reputation 151
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • Potato
May 11 2016 8:04 pm

Shadowing is it going to take much longer before the game has been ported to Unity? The wait is annoying and I can't play a game where the chat is either dead or boring, while having issues that will not be fixed until the port is done. The game was playable when, updates were common but chat was dead, or when updates were rare but the chat was active and fun.

It's impossible. I hate it. It's evil. It's astonishing. I want to kiss it to death.
  • Shadowing
  • Devoted
  • 1440 posts
  • Reputation 240
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • Captain of the boat or captain of the Sea?
May 11 2016 9:58 pm

This email was sent out to all players yesterday sadeyes.

Everyone will have to just keep bearing with me. I know it has been a huge wait guys.

I still have infiltration, operations, GPS to do.

I also don't have Battle Tool, player profile or any politics stuff done or planet stat window where you rename your planet, show planet effects etc.. I think im going to release the port with out that and finish it after release. I think everyone can do with out it for a week or so. I might finish the battle tool though that's pretty important.

Atm im waking up and just taking it a window at at time till this port is finished.

I did some changes to the technology window. Players will be able to spend points in any tech with out spending in others first. Also there is a toggle switch at the top people can hit for fast buy or slow buy. Allowing you to show a technology details screen first before spending a tech point. This will be useful for mobile that people been complaining about for a really long time.

A major change to seeing battles in the news. Clicking on a battle report will display a window much like after you attack through the stargate. I'm wanting to show a lot more battle details later too on this window. This is also a start of letting players save battle information like doing a battle tool test and copying and pasting a link in chat so a player can see the battle tool results. Or even live battles. I want to focus more on players being able to share and display information.

The planet list window shows a lot more information about a planet before having to click on it.

GPS window is going to let people post a comment about a planet that they saved. Getting rid of the page links on the GPs window too.

Id say the largest change though is the ability to see a ships health on almost every ships are shown. I want to do more with ships health in the future to with abilities and stuff so it will be more important to check ships health. Specially since I may be redoing System Lords battle engine later this year where battles are fought over time instead of instantly.

I believe players will be able to highlight and copy text anywhere in the game too. I know a lot of people has requested that. I mainly disabled that for the browser cause of other annoying highlighting features that existed that I needed to wipe out.

So I'm making small improvements based on what everyone has suggested over the last 2 years.

As for blackholes. I'm aware there are a lot of bugs with them. If I find some time to patch it before the port is done then that will be great but idk. We might just have to deal with it for a little more longer until Im done porting.

Just hang in there guys. If I don't release the port by the end of the month I'm going to lose my mind lol.
So its pretty much a must just for my own health reasons.

Shadowing

What ever you can do or dream you can always begin it because boldness has genius, power and magic in it
  • Sadeyes
  • Enthusiast
  • 238 posts
  • Reputation 151
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • Potato
May 12 2016 7:48 am

I don't check my Sadeyes Email often, that is why I didn't know. Thank you Shadowing for explaining even though you sent the emails when you could have just told me to check them.

It's impossible. I hate it. It's evil. It's astonishing. I want to kiss it to death.
  • Jessica
  • Irregular
  • 1 posts
  • Reputation 0
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • I love 26horses Productions
May 22 2016 1:55 pm

what port is?

• Damont
  • Irregular
  • 80 posts
  • Reputation 51
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • I love 26horses Productions
May 22 2016 1:57 pm

Basically hes putting the game into unity and as he said making it better.

• Sadeyes
  • Enthusiast
  • 238 posts
  • Reputation 151
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • Potato
May 23 2016 10:29 pm

Shadowing is porting/moving the game to a site called Unity, type Unity in a search engine to learn more, by doing so the game will look and play better. People who have played the game long enough know Shadowing does his best but I think sometimes he doesn't realise how long some things will take him. Like with the port, I think he believed it would be something that would take a few months. Once he started he realised the port was going to be a lot harder because the way he made this game is different than how Unity do games.