• Neimenljivi
  • Irregular
  • 146 posts
  • Reputation 0
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • I love 26horses Productions
Jul 03 2012 10:04 am

You can activate vacation mode in which you stay for at least 3 days, but you don&#039;t go off vacation mode unless you logged into your account.<br /><br />I know me, and probably a lot of other people, go sometimes on a trip or to seaside or something like that when I can&#039;t access internet for at least a week, sometimes 2 weeks, and would need a longer vacation mode than just 3 days.<br /><br />~N

• Markyparky56
  • Irregular
  • 28 posts
  • Reputation 0
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • Look. Behind. You.
Jul 03 2012 10:34 am

There would have to be a cut off point because otherwise you could take over a load of planets then go into vaction mode indefinetly making those planets untakeable by anyone else.

• Neimenljivi
  • Irregular
  • 146 posts
  • Reputation 0
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
Jul 03 2012 11:05 am

As far as I know there&#039;s more than enough planets to go around, and that number will grow. So I don&#039;t really think one can get such a massive advantage, then stay on vac mode so long that s/he will lose all that advantage. Doesn&#039;t seem logical to me, and seeing how the amount of planets will grow - I don&#039;t think it&#039;d have an impact on the game itself ;)<br /><br />~N

• Shadowing
  • Devoted
  • 1440 posts
  • Reputation 240
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • Captain of the boat or captain of the Sea?
Jul 07 2012 7:08 am

Yah i will be changing vacation mode by just a hair.<br /><br />It will eventually be changed to vacation mode for 3 days then the player will stay in for another 4 days unless he logs in.<br /><br />also keep in mind you cant go into vacation mode if you made an attack recently, are seiging any planets and no fleets in route to anywhere

What ever you can do or dream you can always begin it because boldness has genius, power and magic in it
  • Neimenljivi
  • Irregular
  • 146 posts
  • Reputation 0
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
Jul 07 2012 8:21 am

What exactly do you mean by recently - how many hours? Those kinds of things have to be noted beside the vacation mode option :)<br /><br />Would perhaps 14 days unless he logs in be possible? I don&#039;t think anyone could affect the game by being on vacation mode longer, but it is useful when you go on holidays for a week or two to a place with no internet ;)<br /><br />~N

• Shadowing
  • Devoted
  • 1440 posts
  • Reputation 240
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • Captain of the boat or captain of the Sea?
Jul 09 2012 8:18 am

well vacation mode will never last 14 days lol. That is just crazy way to long.<br /><br />i meant 3 days vacation mode minimum, and another 4 days max<br /><br />the max clears if they log in early

What ever you can do or dream you can always begin it because boldness has genius, power and magic in it
  • Neimenljivi
  • Irregular
  • 146 posts
  • Reputation 0
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
Jul 09 2012 10:54 am

Why? What&#039;s the harm done to the game or to other players by allowing a longer vacation mode?<br /><br />A lot of us go away for a week or two - I&#039;ll be going on seaside for 2 weeks and I know I&#039;ll be very pissed off if I come and see all the work destroyed because my vacation mode will run off sooner than I&#039;ll be home and a lot of stuff will be built on the planets so people will want that stuff. It is a huge disadvantage to go on vacation mode for so long anyway, but at least we can decide to limit the damage (lose a lot of jaffas, resources, naq, technology, but don&#039;t risk losing our planets).<br /><br />I really can&#039;t see any harm to the game or other players if someone stays on vacation mode for 2 weeks, for example.<br /><br />~N