• Iapetus
  • Irregular
  • 107 posts
  • Reputation -16
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • I love 26horses Productions
Feb 23 2016 4:02 pm

The nox who we have been warring for a bit now buy protection whenever they lose fleets and fear being reset...this is a weekly event. While it may be cowardly and a terrible gameplay design, it is not an exploit.

Here is what the nox (namely Balthier Brimstone and Scorpion) have been exploiting with protection

1. allied fleet invincibility. So before an ally enters protection they send their fleet to their ally's planet and while it is en route the ally enters protection and said fleet is then made invincible for free for the duration of the protection

2. Attacking. The nox have repeatedly launched attacks FROM PROTECTION, because the system allows for the attacking of sieged allied worlds even from under protection. A PLAYER IN PROTECTION SHOULD NOT BE ABLE TO ATTACK A PLAYER OUTSIDE OF PROTECTION, PERIOD.

3. Spydrones, before this got fixed, the nox were having allies in protection spydrone worlds for allies not in protection, yet another one way abuse of the system

4. Finally, the most egrigious and blatant of all the exploitation - protection with blackholes.

A. Shadowing's code is broken as usual and the Nox know this, so even if a blackhole was formed in their sector before they went into protection they know they can enter protection to save their planet (shadowing has refused to spend the time to fix this)

B. If you look in sector 12 - 10 you will see Brimstone's planet in a sector with my own. You will notice two things, Brimstone's planet has a blackhole on it AND he is under protection. Meaning no one can use operations to close the blackhole (essentially there is nothing that can be done to stop him from destroying the sector)

While these exploits show how low and desperate these people are to try to save themselves in game, they cannot be allowed to continue.

• Cakes
  • Enthusiast
  • 258 posts
  • Reputation 15
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
Feb 23 2016 4:06 pm

Cakes Agrees

• Damont
  • Irregular
  • 80 posts
  • Reputation 51
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
Feb 23 2016 4:35 pm

Stop crying Amir it really doesn't suit you. "Get off my screen" as you say :p

• Sasha
  • Irregular
  • 57 posts
  • Reputation 11
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • Officer of Drama and Propaganda
Feb 23 2016 5:00 pm

+1 goes to this post

-1000000 goes to Darky for being a dumb nerd

Shadowing, fix this please or I'll have Kelac message you every minute of your kayaking adventures

Thanks

Yawn
  • Allan1991
  • Irregular
  • 69 posts
  • Reputation 31
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • The God Of Gods
Feb 24 2016 12:07 am

caught you in a lie right there allys can not reinforce planets of there allys when in protection i have tried that before i was about to attack one of your planets to reduce time getting to it and it said that i can not do so as long as he is in vacation or protection

Suntzu
  • Sasha
  • Irregular
  • 57 posts
  • Reputation 11
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • Officer of Drama and Propaganda
Feb 24 2016 6:12 am

Artashir, go do some reading comprehension worksheets or something

Amir was talking about going under protection AFTER you send your fleet somewhere

Gawd

Yawn
  • Damont
  • Irregular
  • 80 posts
  • Reputation 51
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
Feb 26 2016 8:44 am

Now now Sasha don't be mean to anyone.

• Sasha