• Brian
  • Irregular
  • 37 posts
  • Reputation 16
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • X Men
Jan 23 2016 4:15 pm

I haven't been playing SL for long but since I have the game constantly keeps changing and I think it needs allot of improving. rules weren't written up and it is impossible for new players to have a decent chance of defending or attacking larger players and alliances. The AI worlds now become vacant when abandoned and even a War-sat can be taken with 1 Jaffa. players are quitting the game because of the constant changes and the rudeness of certain players who are just plain out of order. I personally think its pointless in trying to encourage new players to join when the current players aren't happy. please post any thoughts you have. thank you. ;-)

Gambit
  • Sasha
  • Irregular
  • 57 posts
  • Reputation 11
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • Officer of Drama and Propaganda
Jan 23 2016 4:19 pm

Ok so my thoughts are
Canshow should date Shadowing's kayak
Thank you

Yawn
  • Brimstone923
  • Irregular
  • 5 posts
  • Reputation 12
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • I love 26horses Productions
Jan 23 2016 6:25 pm

Well all i've learned since i started here is what you are saying. too many different updates that messes things up. and low nw players having no defence against high nw players. To me it looks like harrassments. i wouldn't recommend this game to anyone as it is atm. no wonder theres just 146 players where 1 out of 3 is an alt. and i have spent money here, i really regret it. as it is now. no one can become great without a huge wallet..

• Iapetus
  • Irregular
  • 107 posts
  • Reputation -16
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
Jan 23 2016 6:34 pm

Lets keep in mind here that these are players who purposely attack the largest alliance in the game expecting to win. Constantly harass me in chat during the attacks, and then are mad when they get trashed. You are all jokes and provide nothing for the game. You all threaten to quit and then keep playing anyway, giant hyppocritcal pussies who constantly whine when they dont get what they want.

• Brian
  • Irregular
  • 37 posts
  • Reputation 16
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • X Men
Jan 23 2016 6:35 pm

with a reputation of -6, I'm sure we know who you are. ;-)

Gambit
  • Brimstone923
  • Irregular
  • 5 posts
  • Reputation 12
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
Jan 23 2016 7:00 pm

-8 good rep^^

• Cakes
  • Enthusiast
  • 258 posts
  • Reputation 15
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
Jan 23 2016 7:08 pm

Sounds to cakes like you got your ass handed to you and want a handout.

• Canshow
  • Irregular
  • 74 posts
  • Reputation 24
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
Jan 23 2016 9:23 pm

Hello, please have some:

Substituting deez into your diet will help to reduce salt intake.

• Irregular
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
Jan 23 2016 10:09 pm

First of all you guys all hit people lower than yourself I know this for a fact because I have seen it. Scorpion you were on of the worst for stealing new peoples entire fleets leaving them with nothing. It's ok when you guys do it but not us?

We are all thats left at the top cus we have taken out everyone else. We didn't start at the top and none of us are going to quit just because we are at the top.

If you guys made it to the top you would do the exact same thing. Oh wait the few of you that did make it to the top did do the exact same thing. Whats worse is you used the people that protected you and helped you get that powerful and then attacked them.

Cry all you want but if you people were at the top instead of us nothing would change your just pissed that you weren't skilled enough to survive.

• Brian
  • Irregular
  • 37 posts
  • Reputation 16
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • X Men
Jan 24 2016 2:29 am

mac, I would like to point out that I never stole any fleets, I wasn't a tactician. secondly, Amir, you start harassing players when they start the game, that's why we pretended to be on your side, we hit back and gave you the same "harassment in chat" that you gave us. what goes around comes around. if you were nicer to new players they would be nicer to you. finally, its not about winning or loosing, its about having a set of rules that are written up clearly for everyone to understand and a game structure that doesn't constantly change.
examples:-
0 planets = reset wasn't written into the rules.
AI added to the game to make it harder to take planets, then changed because someone felt hard done by when they lost a fs. resulting in planets being vacant and easy to take.
Advance tech plunder being scrapped, people paid to have that service.
The list goes on.

Gambit
  • Moneyseal
  • Irregular
  • 58 posts
  • Reputation 36
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • Defeating a sandwich only makes it tastier!
Jan 24 2016 8:31 pm

Hmmm. Seems like quite the discussion we got going on here. I do agree that the fact that sudden changes to this game happen so quickly and without much thought. And these changes changes can have massive implications on the gameplay and the players. Some of these changes can be very frustrating, some of them are very nice additions. This is just how the game is right now. Personally I like to see this game constantly improving and being developed. I do think it would be nice if Shadowing would let the players know of upcoming changes and get a vote or general feedback for what players think of it before he adds them. That way the players are prepared and he is aware when changes are unwanted and gather input on how modifications to the game can be handled differently.

As for the high and low player issue mentioned by a few in this post, that is honestly just how this game is. And unless anyone wants to see the protection system added back in, we may just have to deal with it. While it is frustrating that the Council is mostly at the top because they destroy all who oppose them and because they spend money on the game, that is just how it is. Shadowing has to make his money for this game, or there is no profit of working on it and keeping it up. Not to mention many members of the Council have worked hard to get where they are now and have not completely bought there way up. Sometimes I feel as if the protection system should be added back in other times, I feel like that is the worst idea possible. What I really feel like is not right is that higher players of 10k- 60k can send one mothership or infiltrate a few times and completely destroy a player that just came out of protection and started the game. I do not care who does it, it is not right. And remember this is a war game, expect to fight and loose stuff. That is how it works. So don't wine and complain about it. That will not get you anywhere either.

I also am a firm believer on the fact that the more players this game has the more interesting it will be and the more successful it will be. When people are going around wiping out new players that are active, that does not help anything. New players also need to really get initiated and hooked into this game and there are many things that can be done to help improve that. Both by the developer and the players involved in the game. I think that every player has something to offer to this game and that unless they are ruining the fun for the majority of the players that there is no problem. Insults and rude behavior do not really get us anywhere and are not something that I really want to see in this game. However, I know that it is impossible for them to be gone from the game completely.

I am certain we can sit and insult and blame each other all day, but there is really no profit. Both sides clearly have their issues. I think it is better to instead come up with ideas on how to solve these problems, like the individual who originally made this post intended. As always there is a lot that can be done to improve this game, but the developer has limited time. So let's just do what we can to make improve the game by providing helpful feedback, not ruining the game for others, and having fun/playing the game.

Lord Money$eal
  • Zirnitra
  • Irregular
  • 151 posts
  • Reputation 51
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • Black Dragon of Death
Jan 26 2016 7:13 pm

War sats cannot be taken with 1 jaffa unless they are owned or re-inforced by an ally.

A war set has a base defence 1 mil I think.

[1] 2 Next >>