26horses Forum
  • Cakes
  • Enthusiast
  • 258 posts
  • Reputation 15
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
Jan 30 2015 12:52 am

Im just going to ask the question that is on everybody's mind. So there are virtually no new players from the pax prime advertising...so what happens next?

• Excellion
  • Enthusiast
  • 296 posts
  • Reputation 118
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • Never back down, never surrender, no fear
Jan 30 2015 1:04 am

When I first heard about PAX I was excited. My understanding was Shadowing would have a booth and meet people 1 on 1 for a few days.

Instead, some guy was paid to hand out "cards".

My experience at E3 and life tells me that:

1. The guy may have just left the cards on a counter, or worse, tossed them

2. Even if the cards to get handed out, it's crap. Often people are passing by and the guy hands them a card and they toss it without even looking at it. They are there to SEE demos of the latest games and actually PLAY them.

If it were me, I'd have a booth and there would be at least one jaffa in full uniform (they have the actual working headpieces and gear available). Every Stargate fan would recognize it, come to the booth and, as with me, they are instantly hooked as a fan of Stargate and are therefore compelled to try the game.

I like Shadowing's long dedication and such, but his marketing skills could not be worse. Frankly, good coders are easy to find everywhere. Good marketers get paid a lot more and it is hard-core dogfight.

I hunt the sheep of war...
  • Cakes
  • Enthusiast
  • 258 posts
  • Reputation 15
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
Jan 30 2015 1:11 am

LOL AT THE JAFFA COSTUME. yeah handing out cards doesnt do much...

• Excellion
  • Enthusiast
  • 296 posts
  • Reputation 118
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • Never back down, never surrender, no fear
Jan 30 2015 1:44 am

I'm serious.

jaffa costume

You can also see a Kull warrior outfit there too

And there are real working helmets which are very cool

A few props like a ZPM and other items would be very recognizable to SG fans and compel them to view the booth.

I hunt the sheep of war...