• Sadeyes
  • Enthusiast
  • 238 posts
  • Reputation 151
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • Potato
Jan 28 2015 10:12 am

Some people have learned of a glitch that lets them double their fleet numbers. The more honourable people who found this out reported it to Shadowing and only used their proper fleet. If I had the money or naq I would hire Atlas to hunt them down until Shadowing fixes the glitch. I am writting this because I am hoping enough of you are pissed off enough that Shadowing will ban those who used the glitch a lot. If people want an advantage that is what the market is for. If you need to cheat to play this game maybe you should consider this is not the game for you.

It's impossible. I hate it. It's evil. It's astonishing. I want to kiss it to death.
  • Dissenter
  • Irregular
  • 84 posts
  • Reputation 44
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • I love 26horses Productions
Jan 28 2015 10:14 am

+1

#banmasterryu

• Istariol
  • Irregular
  • 5 posts
  • Reputation 1
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
Jan 28 2015 10:28 am

Thank You for getting your facts straight before asking for the banning of Masterryu!

For your information we know of this bug and how to produce it for a few days now...
...and know what? Shadowing already knows it. Why? Because we reported it!

As a matter of fact thanks to our reports at least half the bugs to dub your fleet have been fixed. The FS dub you see is mostly an displaybug. It disappears as soon as you move your fleet.

Oh and even this was found and reported by Dantes Inferno.

So thank you for screaming cheat, when we did everything to prevent said bug.

Regards

Istariol
Dantes Inferno

• Cjamieson99
  • Respected
  • 640 posts
  • Reputation 203
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • LET'S GET THOSE TERRORISTS!
Jan 28 2015 10:50 am

Well actually, it becomes cheating when you use it to your advantage like that. Using the net bug to your advantage isn't such a big deal because it doesn't overly effect other people when you're lower than 1k net, but when you spawn 2 extra flag ships for a surprise defence... That is a whole different story.

The game is about status, stations and naq management. When status and naq are lost due to a bug Shadowing can refund it and it is nobodies fault; when status and naq is lost because somebody duplicated their fleet to crush you in your tracks, that is cheating and much harder to be set straight. And even when it is, in my experience, Shadowing doesn't give back status, so it is never completely resolved.

@Istrol If you think duplicating your fleet for the use of attacking or defending against attacks is not a big deal, you're wrong. If there were one exploit that could kill this game it would be one that does exactly that.

Reporting a massive game-changing bug and then using it because Shadowing is not around for a few days is not okay. And then repeatedly using it? That is just like spitting in our faces and showing off that you can do whatever you want in this game without consequence.

And as if this wasn't already well known throughout the game: Masterryu has been caught cheating on multiple occasions and was at one point reset on a server by Shadowing because of it. It is very hard to forgive something this big when it is a repeated offence with a player who has a history.

In short:

If you are going to cheat, be realistic; don't double your fleet 3 days in a row or twice a day - and don't do your ENTIRE FLEET by exactly twice as much... Your mistake was going so big that we all saw it.

Below is an example of what I mean by someone using this bug to cheat the game and win. This is a defence against an attack on Masterryu.

http://i.imgur.com/ZoPbV1D.png

Kelac! #1 cheater in the game, but you'll never catch me!
  • Excellion
  • Enthusiast
  • 296 posts
  • Reputation 118
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • Never back down, never surrender, no fear
Jan 28 2015 10:59 am

Istariol, you seem like a good guy but your information is only the tip of the iceberg.

The duplicating units bug has been out for perhaps 4 months that I know of, maybe longer. While I never experienced this issue, Pink experienced it once when she got 6 flagships. It was immediately reported to Shadowing and nothing happened. I believe it was after the 3rd time this issue was reported that the extra flagships were removed. During the time Pink had the extra ships, she never used them in either an attack or defense.

Masterryu is an entirely different story. There are numerous reports of his using exploits and multis for a long time. With respect to this particular issue, I would share just a few points for consideration:

1. He was reset on Dakara for cheating. He admitted his role at that time. Less than 24 hours after the server started, he had multiple motherships.

2. Look at this attack from Dakara

a. I was bombing an account that strongly appeared to be a multi. Since I was sieging a planet, there was no naq to be gained from attacking it. Also, since there was only 1 dg present, there was no status. There are only two possible reasons for a player to perform an attack: either they have a strong dislike for me or they are protecting their multi. As Ryu and I had spoken a few times in galaxy chat and mail as I recall, there was no hard feeling I am aware of. Every indication is he was protecting his multi. Salvage aside, he lost over 10k naq in units to take out 750 naq worth of units of mine.

b. The reason for the high damage above to him was my agg stance and techs which cause the planet's turrets to damage any attackers. An experienced player like Ryu should instantly be aware of this aspect of the game, but in case he wasn't, I went back to bombing and left a glider again. He once again attacked in a similar manner with nothing to gain at all and planning to taken many times the loss. This attack is not logical on any level unless he is protecting his multi. Keep in mind daily production for a player with max planets and all bonuses at the time ranged between 14 - 27k A DAY depending on techs and race/personality/stance. Losing 10k on an attack is a REALLY big deal. Losing it twice takes over a day to recover.

c. Look at his jaffa count. It is over 105k = 315k worth of jaffa. Look at his account now on Dakara. It has only 12k jaffa. He has made attacks on many players throughout the galaxy as if naq has no meaning at all.

d. He is an Architect (not merchant) and is in Defensive stance (not Economy). He sometimes switches to Aggressive then back to Defensive. He does not earn naq from bombing as he does not have that tech. He does not earn from Infiltration as his jaffa count is so low he would fail even against all but the newest players. He is within 50% of the top nw player, so he receives no Planet Effect bonuses.

His naq production is likely the lowest on the server for any established player (i.e. one with max planets) yet somehow his production level has allowed him to have the first and only fs on the server, take massive losses, and still have incredibly high nw gains under the circumstances.

While he is an active player who is online daily, he is offline each night for roughly 8 hours which means his activity is not enough to come close to maintaining his nw through attacks, especially considering his losses in the attacks we have seen. The only possibilities are:

- he is using exploits
- he is using multis
- he has multiple live players feeding him naq on a daily basis

On Abydos, look at his activity in galaxy news alone. At least there are possibilities on Abydos that he could be buying a ton of naq (unlikely since he only has 70 adv tech and players who buy that much naq normally max out at 100) or others could be trading it to him. Those possibilities don't exist on Dakara.

He has blatantly and repeatedly cheated. Worse, he has used the results of his cheating in the most prolific manner by taking SS, status and victories from honest players who either earned the items in game or paid for them with their hard-earned money.

This is the last straw for me. I love the concept of System Lords. I hope Shadowing is able to sell the game to a company who can help it evolve into the fantastic game it deserves to be. I've dealt with an endless number of major bugs, the game not being fully developed, my fleet being lost for days and a number of other issues. Shadowing has repeatedly tried, yet ultimately failed, to control the many exploits and mulits. This game needs and deserves a Community Manager or other full-time resource who can actively investigate anything which compromises the integrity of the game. Better games, such as oGame, have a couple volunteers from the community serve that role. Any and all actions are public so there is complete transparency. Shadowing has chosen not to employ such measures.

Life is short. I have enjoyed playing with (most) of you. I'll leave my accounts active on Chulak and Abydos and primarily just help when I am made aware of something wrong in the game such as a cheater. On Dakara, I'll play a bit longer but I expect to wander off in a week or two.

Good Luck,
-Ryan

I hunt the sheep of war...
  • Cjamieson99
  • Respected
  • 640 posts
  • Reputation 203
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
Jan 28 2015 11:12 am

In addition to Excellion's post.

He also built this FS after being openly pillaged by the galaxy (including me) since his forced reset. He had no jaffa at this point to stop infiltration missions and was rarely online. It was only this past week that he built his fs along with the rest of his fleet. This screen shot does not include all that he has already lost.

http://imgur.com/tnr22Jr

---

I won't quit over this, but I completely understand where Excellion is coming from, and I think he is being very reasonable. He loves to talk about how life is too short to waste time and how he quits when he isn't having fun: So frankly I am shocked that he has stuck around this long. It is a great game and Shadowing had done well, however, the past week has shown just how undeveloped the game currently is and how in need of constant maintenance it will be for some time. It has actually been unplayable for me this week because of the net bug. There is nobody for me to attack and nothing to do; I'm not having fun or doing anything productive with my time in this game right now.

Two major bugs need to be dealt with ASAP: The net bug and the duplicating fleet bug.

• Portermoore
  • Irregular
  • 17 posts
  • Reputation 10
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
Jan 28 2015 5:09 pm

this is why shadowing needs to be more active with hunting down bug and exploit a and fix them. MY allaince found the duplication of the fleet we reported it it happend again this time wasnt the fs but the fleet and I told shadowing to delete the ships. If I had used those ships there would be nothing left of my enemy They stayed together on a planet and didnt move Now that all being said lets talk about what I've seen what I've seen in this fight I've seen half of an alliance hide using the salvage fleet while there offline witch in my opinion is cheating theres no risk to status or nw just ss and planets. I've seen two fleets double at least once and used for attack and defense. I've seen the salvage fleet used for instant defense so the attack has no chance of rerouting. I wish I had more screen shots of the duplication of ryus fleet before its been watered down so much with his attacks and defending, but I only have the one. In any case he has proven on other servers hes cheated. Sorry about my grammar K dont kill me

LordSnow: My wolf will devour your soul
  • Cjamieson99
  • Respected
  • 640 posts
  • Reputation 203
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
Jan 28 2015 5:15 pm

Using the withdraw fleets function to your advantage is NOT cheating. It is complete BS, but as long as it is a part of the game people would only be smart to do it.

Using it to instant travel, instant defence or to hide your fleet so that it cannot be killed are the issues here. Shadowing needs to look into a new way of going about this problem; but until he does, there is no reason why we shouldn't do it.

Duplicating fleets is cheating. Huge difference.

• Intrelzar
  • Irregular
  • 44 posts
  • Reputation 19
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • Joma secu
Jan 28 2015 6:00 pm

Aw man why dont i get any of the cool bugs no NW bug or Fleet dup'ing ='(

But i agree with Most of these guy.... Abuse of a game breaking bug like fleet duplicating shadowing should bring his ban hammer out and let it sing!

Joma secu
  • Masterryu
  • Irregular
  • 2 posts
  • Reputation 1
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
Jan 28 2015 7:25 pm

In reply to Excellion.

I've quoted you, hope you don't mind.

>>
1. He was reset on Dakara for cheating. He admitted his role at that time. Less than 24 hours after the server started, he had multiple motherships.

Was not reset for ‘cheating’. I personally reset my self. It was known that I was exploiting the system to gain naq and thus buy units. ALL these bugs have been reported to shadow. Most of the issues are resolved which mostly relate to using multis, which is now 90% times harder to complete now. @all you’re welcome.

I reset my self because of the unrest in the public, which i told shadow about.

I then continued to retest the issues that shadow fixed on my account luocex. Which i said before where fixed. Shadow then introduced several game changing additions. Such as being inactive gains you naq. I played on the server 1-2 times a day to claim the bounty then log off. Before such time i just built jaffa, saved naq and infiltrated/pillage supplies. FYI shadows world are always full of naq. (handy tip 101)

After. I Located a world belonging to sadeyes or whoever. He killed my jaffa but i was victorious. I gained all the salvage from that attack which helped me build the fs. Simple and is easy to do when no one is able to steal naq, or spy drone worlds.

I do not play dakara enough to care, I test bugs for shadow and do the odd attack every now then. Sad to say most of the recent changes have caused further issues with multi usage. I’m not even the top player on the server or the one with the most troops. literally sitting on a world farming naq unless attacked.

>>
While he is an active player who is online daily, he is offline each night for roughly 8 hours which means his activity is not enough to come close to maintaining his nw through attacks, especially considering his losses in the attacks we have seen. The only possibilities are:

NW drops either because the user abandons a world or takes over a new. OR lose enough troops it will drop. Don’t ask me why it’s 99gc or whatever it is on Dakara. And i’m not even getting the naq/cycle bonus. I’m guessing this is because of the new update that relates to ‘naq counts towards nw’ - shadow is fully aware of this i hope.

Correct - exploits and multis have been used. As I mentioned before, for testing. Best thing about this is only I and shadow know how to do it and will not share the information to others.

Out side question:
Before the inactive wipe, would it not be fair to says all those who farmed an inactive is ‘exploiting’ the system? Food for thought.

I’ll ask shadow to delete/reset my account on there as result of this post. I apologize to all that have been effected by me or my attacks on the server after owning the fs (which are very few)

>>
On Abydos, look at his activity in galaxy news alone. At least there are possibilities on Abydos that he could be buying a ton of naq (unlikely since he only has 70 adv tech and players who buy that much naq normally max out at 100) or others could be trading it to him. Those possibilities don't exist on Dakara.

Plenty of naq packs have been purchased from my self and alliance members. Also trade naq from one player another also helps in this.

Every bug that including that of duplications HAVE been reported to shadow. We helped shadow fix the intital issue ages ago. Then an update caused the issue to occur again.

We again helped fix the issue.

Shadow has been told what was duplicated.

In regards to the '3' Flagship it appears when you withdraw your fleet. It cannot be used for attack or defence as it doesn't exist. Enlil talks about the using 3 fs to defend like it was on purpose. IT's a bug. 27 bombers vs 1 ss is fine if it's not defended, but guess what it was.

>>
He has blatantly and repeatedly cheated. Worse, he has used the results of his cheating in the most prolific manner by taking SS, status and victories from honest players who either earned the items in game or paid for them with their hard-earned money.

As you said ‘game’, when I was first started learning the ‘game’ I bought a naq boost, built a ws. But oh wait Bully inbound. Tlt took it and the stations i built. I remember back then you had unlimited depo so it was ‘fine’ to do it... Yes i cried about it and then i stayed and continued to play.

FYI, if you are in a WAR in this game. Being an idiot to the game mechanics is not going to help. First of all i have great tech for attacking, I’m onac, I’m conqueror or which improves attack power. As an example Michaelxxxx was Eco stance. A lovely prime for attack flunting my victory one after the other kinds proves a point that your playing the 'game' wrong.

The stations I or my alliance have taken are ‘free’ to be taken by anyone. This is part of the ‘game’ after all. In regards to people spending money, you need to understand what you are buying, I certainly do…

There are many issues with this game. Such as people hogging all the stations. some combos of races attack to quickly etc etc.

>>
This is the last straw for me. I love the concept of System Lords. I hope Shadowing is able to sell the game to a company who can help it evolve into the fantastic game it deserves to be. I've dealt with an endless number of major bugs, the game not being fully developed, my fleet being lost for days and a number of other issues. Shadowing has repeatedly tried, yet ultimately failed, to control the many exploits and mulits. This game needs and deserves a Community Manager or other full-time resource who can actively investigate anything which compromises the integrity of the game. Better games, such as oGame, have a couple volunteers from the community serve that role. Any and all actions are public so there is complete transparency. Shadowing has chosen not to employ such measures.

I agree and said as much. Solo developing is a hard road alone.

I have been begging for shadow to release a testing server before dakara come out. But as a result it's not perfect.

signed
Ryu

• Portermoore
  • Irregular
  • 17 posts
  • Reputation 10
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
Jan 28 2015 10:34 pm

There is no response for your ignorance

LordSnow: My wolf will devour your soul
  • Dissenter
  • Irregular
  • 84 posts
  • Reputation 44
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
Jan 29 2015 6:09 am

Extra flagships do appear when you withdraw a fleet, but only on the fleet salvage screen. Other players can't see that screen. It in no way makes extra ships appear on a planet. I've recently seen one of Masterryu's planets with 3 of his own flagships on it. Fleet recovery doesn't explain that.

Also I've recently seen Warlock with 4 flagships on an allies planet. He cannot recover his fleet onto an allies planet. How could it be that his 4 flagships on an ally planet are due to fleet recovery?

I have seen much more evidence of Masterryu exploiting. I just wanted to point out, that in this case, his excuse doesn't make sense.

[1] 2 Next >>