• Progeekzy
  • Irregular
  • 110 posts
  • Reputation 66
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • Hates pay to win games.
Jan 23 2015 1:18 pm

Hey all. I know i have been gone for a long time.
I am considering making a come back.

I heard a server was now fair to play? No market, only use what you gain, protection system, ect? Whats the word on that?

Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup!
  • Cakes
  • Enthusiast
  • 258 posts
  • Reputation 15
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
Jan 23 2015 1:47 pm

Don't bother it's terrible

• Sadeyes
  • Enthusiast
  • 238 posts
  • Reputation 151
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • Potato
Jan 23 2015 3:14 pm

It is like starting again on Abydos before the protection system got added. The Market you can still buy advanced tech and stuff but no Naq unless you are prepared to wait. There is something to buy that increases Naq production by something like 65% but that has not been a big seller. Other than that and nasty thieving bagginsis it is a good server. I hope that helps and that you will be coming back.

It's impossible. I hate it. It's evil. It's astonishing. I want to kiss it to death.
  • Axufuris
  • Irregular
  • 122 posts
  • Reputation 62
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • Death to Canada
Jan 23 2015 3:20 pm

I really like the server other than the advanced tech and the buying of naq production increase. Other than that it's great.

Oh Hello There
  • Cjamieson99
  • Respected
  • 640 posts
  • Reputation 203
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • LET'S GET THOSE TERRORISTS!
Jan 23 2015 10:48 pm

1. Cakes just sucks at this game, which is why he thinks everything is bad.

2. Adv tech on that server give an advantage, but it's not enough to ruin it for those who don't. Even without 10 adv tech, you can be at the top of that server.

3. Naq is the main issue on that server, and the ability to purchase the production increase as well as protection to use it in gives some players a HUGE advantage (as seen today when two players built war sats and a flag ship was created).

As for you, you can easily get caught up to where the rst of us are now. I started just over a week after the server launched (well...restarted... Excellion can tell you the story of my accidental self-reset another time) and I was the third on the SL list - without using my naq and ships to gain status I would probably be in the top 5 ranks for nw as well (not that that matters).

But the promise of a 'fair to play server' is not all that it sounds. As it turns out, Removing naq buys only makes me server MORE unfair that Chulak.

If you truly want a fair to play server, play on Chulak. Buying anything in the market on that server (aside from adv. tech, which can be bough ton any server) is truly a waste of money and nothing less than stupid. The production rate on that server is so high that buying 200k naq for $20 is like paying $20 dollars for 20 naq on Abydos.

I restarted Chulak one month ago and am already back at the top. So there is no question that it is possible to get caught up.

This is from the only active free-to-play player who knows how things works in the game. I would think I know a thing or two about which server is actually the most fair.

Kelac! #1 cheater in the game, but you'll never catch me!
  • Cjamieson99
  • Respected
  • 640 posts
  • Reputation 203
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • LET'S GET THOSE TERRORISTS!
Jan 23 2015 10:48 pm

Arggg! Curse of the double post!

Kelac! #1 cheater in the game, but you'll never catch me!