• Sadeyes
  • Enthusiast
  • 238 posts
  • Reputation 151
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • Potato
Jan 01 2015 5:18 pm

This is me asking a few questions mostly to those who don't or can't spend in the hope someone has a good idea.
What for you comes first? Are you more loyal to friends? Or does your loyalty go to the alliance you are in or join?

I am having trouble with this issue. I like to help the friends I have made on this game but I also believe you should be loyal to the alliance that takes you in. When Abydos was the only server it was easy, loyalty went to the alliance. Now with 3 servers it is getting awkward.

I aim the questions at none spenders because it is best to make friends and allies so you don't get crushed straight away. If you spend then it is less likely you need days to rebuild what is lost in attacks.

Thank you in advanced to all who reply, no matter what the reply :)

It's impossible. I hate it. It's evil. It's astonishing. I want to kiss it to death.
  • Excellion
  • Enthusiast
  • 296 posts
  • Reputation 118
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • Never back down, never surrender, no fear
Jan 01 2015 5:29 pm

It's a good question. Life gets messy when people live in the grey areas. It creates drama. I have played with literally thousands of gamers and, for me and those I game with, there is perfect clarity on this topic. It is said best here

The entire point of an ally is a group of gamers working together for the common good. There are those inside the ally and then there is the rest of the galaxy. Those outside the ally can be classified as "sisters" meaning they are treated the same as if they are in the ally, NAPs meaning we don't bother you and vice versa, neutral meaning members are free to act as they see fit, and enemies meaning members are obligated to fight them.

Prior to online gaming, we all played games with family and friends, right? I don't care if you carried your pc over to a friend's how for AoE / Starcraft or played monopoly with your family. The goal was to win. To beat your friends and family. As long as you played honestly and had a good time, all was well afterwards, right?

While you were in PE, we became friends. That did not stop you from attacking me when you were ordered to do so, right? If a player cannot 100% support their ally, they shouldn't be in the ally. If you are that good of friends with a person outside your ally that you cannot ever attack them, you should be in ally together so you wont have an issue.

I hunt the sheep of war...
  • Sadeyes
  • Enthusiast
  • 238 posts
  • Reputation 151
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • Potato
Jan 01 2015 6:24 pm

That does help. I was just wondering if I was the only one who struggled with it. I have always put the alliance first and will continue to do so. It just gets hard when you know good people are so sick they consider quitting. That problem arrises when friends hit friends or friends hit friends then get their alliance to hit them. I know the point of having an alliance is to get help if needed but I also think that if you can't finish what you start by yourself then you are a liability to the alliance you are part of.

It's impossible. I hate it. It's evil. It's astonishing. I want to kiss it to death.
  • Macedon
  • Irregular
  • 4 posts
  • Reputation 4
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • I love 26horses Productions
Jan 03 2015 4:48 am

I agree with Excellion but I also believe that some loyalty should be aimed towards your friends so they know they havent been forgotten or abandoned

p.s thanks for the naquadah sadeyes

• Roboben1
  • Irregular
  • 28 posts
  • Reputation 8
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • I love 26horses Productions
Jan 06 2015 4:32 pm

Have any you played Game of Thrones board game.

The hole goal of the game is for one person to win.

But they cannot do this on their own. So in most cases you shout aloud across the board to your 'ally' and say - help me fight such and such.

But any moment you or your ally can back stab one another.

^ this is what I would like to see in the game. As in the Stargate world goualds do not share information etc. ... Oh can i send troops to your base? ... sure why not... Boom.

• Quidproquo
  • Irregular
  • 154 posts
  • Reputation 59
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • We all want something: QuidProQuo.
Jan 15 2015 6:50 am

It's a flagship eat Flaghip galaxy.

It's not the size of the flagship in the fight its size of the fleet on the inside. ~Quid

@QuidproQuoThePhilosoraptor

The chosen one, savior, and ultimate survivor. Will work for zambooki(coffee+vodka)