• Joe12
  • Irregular
  • 38 posts
  • Reputation 4
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • I love 26horses Productions
Dec 30 2014 3:04 am

currently system lord is just 20 names that means nothing i would like to suggest a few little changes to make being a system lord fun, challenging and rewarding.

1: 8 system lords would be more authentic 20 feels like way too many.

2: first 8 system lords would be made so from net rank. after that any system lord could be challenged by any one at the end of the week. (in the option menu u could select to challenge a member of the system lords to take his place it would all happen 1 day a week 24hrs where u could challenge system lords win but could then your self be challenged and 24hr massacre where the best are left as system lords at the end) i know this could go wrong and could end up no one challenging that's where the next bit comes in.

3: reward would be naq income increase of 25% or more. being a system lord will stop any one from being able to attack you accept other system lords(apart from on challenge day)to force fighting between system lords if there hasn't been a battle report of 10k attack power lost or destroyed *subject to change incase it is abused number couald be rasied* (at both 3 days into the cycle and at the end of it(challenge day) then a force built up of lots of goa'uld enemies would deal damage to that player destroying forces taking stations and plaguing worlds)this way because of most top nets tend to be in allied alliances or same alliances to keep them selves on top they would be forced to fight each other weakening them selves allowing others to rise up

smeg head
  • Cjamieson99
  • Respected
  • 640 posts
  • Reputation 203
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • LET'S GET THOSE TERRORISTS!
Dec 30 2014 3:09 am

Net rank has nothing to do with the game and there is no point in rewarding people for not playing the game. Already most system lords have literally bought their way onto it without ever actually attacking anyone, and that's a problem.

It's too late for Abydos.

Kelac! #1 cheater in the game, but you'll never catch me!
  • Dissenter
  • Irregular
  • 84 posts
  • Reputation 44
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
Dec 30 2014 3:15 am

The current System Lords have used a lot of their net to take or build stations and status. Net worth comes from building, not actually accomplishing anything. If you have high net worth, but your status is low and you can't hold a station, it's meaningless. I have spent millions and millions of naq taking/building stations. If I had no stations, my net would be a million. Same for the average system lord. Essentially, it would take away everything the current system lords have worked for.

On top of all that, the System Lords already have the advantage from their status/stations...the last thing we need is to give System Lords more power. The bonuses that get you to System Lord in the first place are more then enough incentive to build up your status and stations.

If anything, it would be cool to have a chat tab for the System Lords. Someplace they could all discuss the events of the galaxy, much like the meetings they arranged in the show. Only the System Lords were allowed at the meetings, aside from their most trusted slave. No first prime or anything though.

• Joe12
  • Irregular
  • 38 posts
  • Reputation 4
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
Dec 30 2014 3:22 am

net for the first 8 was just because those are the people with biggest fleets and most spare naq to fight for the position after that as stated in the first comment if you had read it any one can challenge and take the position the idea is just a way to get people to fight to be a system lord and force stem lords to fight each other to keep there positions

smeg head
  • Cjamieson99
  • Respected
  • 640 posts
  • Reputation 203
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
Dec 30 2014 3:27 am

The top eight players are:

Yamamoto
Black
Hemidall
Anoobis
Artashir
Madgame
Atum
Pengal

None of which have any experience at all... Well, with the exception of Anoobis. I could 1v1 Artashir with my current 10k net fleet and wipe the galaxy with him. It also just so happens that Artashir - no offence - has just about the poorest judgement in the galaxy and should be the last one making decisions around here. Atum wants peace in a war game, and so does Hemidall. Madgame doesn't talk and is barely active. Binar quit a long time ago and logs in once a month to see how we're doing. Yamamoto is still learning the game, and Black as well.

If anyone should have any say in anything it should be the people who understand the game and not the people who just have lots of stuff in it. And Shadowing is actually very good about that, he runs lots of stuff by myself and Excellion, and probably a few of the other loyal players as well.

There is one very simple way to get people to fight to be system lords - and that is to put a limit on buying stations. I have told Shadowing this countless times and he always says he will do it eventually but has not thus far... The day I stopped caring about my position on the SL chart was the day I was passed for second by someone who has literally bought every single one of their stations and never stolen a single one before. After that I started letting ally mates take back stations for me instead of doing it myself and I stopped hunting for them. After seeing 3 more people do this I just decided to reset myself; the only thing keeping me around until then was all the work I have put into my account, and when I saw that it was meaningless I just reset.

• Hamiler
  • Irregular
  • 127 posts
  • Reputation 77
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • Hold Fast
Dec 30 2014 3:34 am

i got to hand it to black hes learning and yes yam is noting but naq buying lol

Leader of the Asgard Fleet
  • Joe12
  • Irregular
  • 38 posts
  • Reputation 4
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
Dec 30 2014 3:37 am

ok your clearly just not reading ANY ONE CAN CHALLENGE

smeg head
  • Cjamieson99
  • Respected
  • 640 posts
  • Reputation 203
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
Dec 30 2014 3:40 am

Yes. No offence intended to any of them, least of all Black. But Black is still inexperienced with attacking because he doesn't get the chance to ever do it. He has a fair understanding of most of the game mechanics, but not the game itself since you have to get a feel for what people do and how they do things though attacking.

My point is that networth is meaningless and to reward people for sitting around and depositing naq at the end of every day would be counter-productive. I understand what this guy is thinking and what he means, but he doesn't understand what me and Enlil are talking about. He is saying that people would fight other people trying to knock their net down so that they can get on top, but that's just not how it works.

Another idea would just to have the SL council be anyone who is at god status. You would fight them to knock them down from god status and off of the system lord council, or to steal their place.

Or you could put a limit on how many SS a player can buy... but it is too late for that on Abydos since there are people who have bought between 70 and 100, and those cannot be taken away.

• Binar
  • Irregular
  • 84 posts
  • Reputation 24
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • Hakuna Matatta
Dec 30 2014 9:40 am

Yamamoto
Black
Hemidall
Anoobis
Artashir
Madgame
Atum
Pengal

None of which have any experience at all...

Oh really?

I am Binar
  • Semper
  • Respected
  • 615 posts
  • Reputation 6
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • Let the Galaxy Burn
Dec 30 2014 5:54 pm

I am Yahweh... the Supreme System Lord!!

• Cjamieson99
  • Respected
  • 640 posts
  • Reputation 203
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
Dec 30 2014 6:19 pm

ye relly. The game changes, and experience at one point of time doesn't cut it, you have to adapt with the game as it goes along. Things change, lots have. So yes, you are inexperienced in the current game of System Lords. And you are actually the only one of those 8 people who ever has had experience at any time... again, besides Anoobis, who I keep forgetting is one of those 8.

The point I'm trying to make isn't that I think you all suck, it's that all eight (including Anooby this time) have a basic to none understanding of the overall game mechanics, and that networth should have nothing to do with it.

• Axufuris
  • Irregular
  • 122 posts
  • Reputation 62
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • Death to Canada
Dec 31 2014 3:52 pm

I agree NW should never have anything to do with it alone. Yes stations should have a limit and he should implement it no matter what and just give the people with more something in return. This gives others on the servers a chance to take stations too. I have to agree though, the current way to figure a SL is bad. It should be a combination of Stations and Status, or Stations, status, and NW. In the show, a system lord had a lot of status, would have had a lot of fleets and areas. I also agree that something needs to be done to get people to fight over it. Voldy lives in a magical land where if Shadowing keeps doing the same stuff it will get better, I'll give it to him he wants one change but he has given up on it and says to do nothing nothing. Oh yeah and i'm going to go ahead and give myself a shout out because i made the board with my own hard work and without buying stations. Same with Pink and Lordsnow, congrats guys.

Oh Hello There
[1] 2 Next >>