• Iapetus
  • Irregular
  • 107 posts
  • Reputation -16
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • I love 26horses Productions
Dec 29 2014 2:57 am

As I understand it there have been virtually no players on that server for a very long time. Realistically it's not ever going to get back on its feet without being reset.

It won't get done but my suggestion is

Reset it

Lower max planets to 200 (little bit more reasonable)

Implement the "sticky planet" idea that was posted not long ago

Make a really good tutorial specifically for chulak

Increase the power of spacemines by a lot and disable them from stations (remember at the upper level you want to keep players in the game not make them quit). This will make planets much harder to take and stations much easier to take that's what you want for gameplay on that server. No one wants to see all their planets that they worked hard for taken away over night.

Start station prices off at 20k and have them increase 10k each time (gets people started and then encourages them to try to take one after their second or third)

Deactivate alliances that only have one player in them after 5 days

Remove building credits from the market

Not the perfect solution but a few steps in the right direction.

• Shadowing
  • Devoted
  • 1442 posts
  • Reputation 240
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • Captain of the boat or captain of the Sea?
Dec 29 2014 3:02 am

I don't think those are enough changes to make a difference

Building credits have out of the market for a while now

What ever you can do or dream you can always begin it because boldness has genius, power and magic in it
  • Iapetus
  • Irregular
  • 107 posts
  • Reputation -16
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
Dec 29 2014 3:05 am

Yeah I made it a forum post because I ran out of ideas. I'm sure there are more changes that could be added in that would make it playable.

• Cjamieson99
  • Respected
  • 640 posts
  • Reputation 203
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • LET'S GET THOSE TERRORISTS!
Dec 29 2014 3:05 am

Increasing spacemine time will only slow the game down and cause people to build more planets instead of steal them. Chulak needs exactly two things to get going:

1. More people need to start playing it. And the people who currently do play it need to be more active.

2. People need to realize that building all of your planets is a terrible idea and does not get you anywhere, you will only lose them to the couple of people who do actively take planets.

It could benefit very much from a reset, but too many people have spent too much time getting to 300 planets to do that now. It is too late for a reset, unless you go with the once every 30 days idea.

Kelac! #1 cheater in the game, but you'll never catch me!
  • Iapetus
  • Irregular
  • 107 posts
  • Reputation -16
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
Dec 29 2014 3:21 am

every 30 days is the same as resetting it. I guess you could clone chulak and make it a new server. But who really wants to keep playing chulak as it is anyway?

• Cjamieson99
  • Respected
  • 640 posts
  • Reputation 203
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
Dec 29 2014 3:24 am

Nobody has ever really cared for Chulak outside of Invincible and Immortals, and those that have stuck around have put too much time and effort into it to just restart 300 planets later.

A 30 day reset would be good for the server and I wouldn't be against it happening, but it wouldn't be fair to a lot of people either. I'm just saying it would work, I'm not saying that it is a good idea to actually do it.

• Axufuris
  • Irregular
  • 122 posts
  • Reputation 62
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • Death to Canada
Dec 29 2014 3:25 am

I think Iapetus needs to shut up. I've heard your complaints so much over the past week i'm already sick of you. I put in a lot of work to get where i am. The only thing he is going to do by reseting the server is lose a lot of active players.

Oh Hello There
  • Cjamieson99
  • Respected
  • 640 posts
  • Reputation 203
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
Dec 29 2014 3:30 am

I wouldn't say a lot of 'active' players, but rather, a few of the most loyal players. And you certainly wouldn't want to do that.

I reset on Chulak less than 24 hours ago and already I am beginning to regret that decision. I'm looking at the 260 planets that I have ahead of me and just giving up hope. This isn't because there are too many planets, it's because there is nobody to play with or steal from like I thought there would be.

Chulak is simply not an active enough server and the few people who are even remotely active on it are not aggressive enough to make it worth playing.

I was considering not playing on it at all, but I have already made a commitment to a few people and don't want to let them down, so I am going to stick it out for a while.

• Iapetus
  • Irregular
  • 107 posts
  • Reputation -16
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
Dec 29 2014 3:44 am

First of all Zuff, these are suggestions for improving the game not complaints. Second of all if you want to go on playing "how much naq can I collect" sounds great, have fun. Third, no need to come on to a productive thread and get nasty.

And Kelac is right there are only about 10 active players on Chulak...

• Cjamieson99
  • Respected
  • 640 posts
  • Reputation 203
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
Dec 29 2014 3:54 am

I was being generous, there is more like 3 and a a few casuals.

The server either needs to be removed or reset, why not just reset it? At first I was against it, but in the past 5 minutes Zuff has talked me into it. There is no point in keeping it open like this. Remove it or reset it.