• Irregular
  • 3 posts
  • Reputation 1
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • I love 26horses Productions
Dec 28 2014 2:36 pm

Hello everyone!

I have got some ideas that I would like to share with you. In real life I am a hungarian, so if my english is not very well, please forgive me.

1. All jaffa in the game is member of the falcon guard. I think that it would be better, that when someone choose the goa'uld race, he/she could choose a guard type for his/her own. For example: falcon guard, cobra guard, snake guard (not cobra!), jackal guard, lion guard, ram guard, crocodile guard, bull guard and so on. This thing would be more unique the all player's reign.

2. It would be more exciting that the slaves could build a temple for their goa'uld and asgard god, and when the temple is finished, you'll get a religion stance. If it is high, the slaves are faithful, but if it is very low, they rebel against their god. Unfortunatelly I don't know now, how can get high or low the religion stance, but I am thinking on it.

3. The ships and space stations have got transport rings (for goa'ulds and onac)or transport beam (for asgards and furlings), and when the ships are enroute, the units can travel between the ships or stations and between stations and ships. And if the space ships consist orbit around a planet they could transport down the units from the ships to the planet, without the ships are land on the planet.

4. All systemlords have a sarcophagus, so when someone's units are getting wounded in the battle, the player could heal them.

What do you think?

• Excellion
  • Enthusiast
  • 296 posts
  • Reputation 118
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • Never back down, never surrender, no fear
Dec 28 2014 2:42 pm

I love the jaffa guard concept because it helps further customize each player. Any customizations are great in my opinion; however, some may feel it adds extra complexity to the game which could be undesirable.

Building a temple can be similar to building a pyramid. The overall question is what is the reward for building it exactly? Building a pyramid used to provide +50% to military population.

I love the idea of parking in orbit and not landing, but again that adds another level of complexity to the game. There would need to be a visible animation for ships in orbit. The attacks would need to change too. Clearly jaffa on the ground can't attack ships in orbit. As far as ringing in / out troops, how would the limits work? In the show a ring could only hold maybe 6 - 7 people. What happens when you have 10k, 100k or more jaffa?

For the sarcophagus, there already is obviation / salvage which is unit recovery. How exactly would the sarcophagus work?

You offer some creative ideas but imagine you run the game and need to give clear directions to the developer. What EXACTLY are those directions?

I hunt the sheep of war...
  • Sadeyes
  • Enthusiast
  • 238 posts
  • Reputation 151
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • Potato
Dec 28 2014 2:55 pm

I agree with Excellion. Being able to customise your troops sounds cool. I think that would be something Shadowing could do without too much trouble. The rest I am not so sure of and apart from the Furling and Asgard I don't think Onac or Goa'uld would care if their Jaffa died in battle.

Keep the ideas coming though, you never know you might think of something Shadowing loves.

It's impossible. I hate it. It's evil. It's astonishing. I want to kiss it to death.
  • Nehebkau
  • Irregular
  • 3 posts
  • Reputation 1
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • I love 26horses Productions
Dec 30 2014 7:20 pm

Excellion: Yes, building the temple is similar to building a pyramid, but not the same. I thought that when the player built a temple, he/she get a religion stance in his/her planets statistics. The religion stance would measure the slave's degree of religious faith. When the player develop the temple or build more temples in his/her dominion, the religion stance will be higher. But when another player attack the planet, where there is a temple, he/she has to destroy it or else the slaves won't recognize the attacker their new true god. And if they don't attacker seen as their true god, they won't produce naquadah. This would be important, because the slaves would have greater role in the game, and it will be more exciting I think.

You are right about ships in orbit. I didn't think this, sorry. I just would like that the jaffas have greater role in the game. But I think that the transport between ships wouldn't be so difficult, and it would be more exciting because if it's allowed, the players could get occupy another ships from another players.

Sadeyes's right about sarcophagus, the Onac and Goa'uld wouldn't care their jaffa's life, but I thought that it would be useful that the player could heal his/her jaffas, that's why it wouldn't necessary buy jaffa units when they would die a battle, or they have to buy lesser units like in normal case.

So if you would like to use sarcophagus, you would have to buy it. And after you bought one, you would choose a ship between yours, and the sarcophagus will be on it's shipboard. And the sarcophagus would be a 'heal worth' in the ship statistics, for example 1000 jaffa/cycle or 1000 jaffa/battle.