• Excellion
  • Enthusiast
  • 296 posts
  • Reputation 118
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • Never back down, never surrender, no fear
Dec 20 2014 3:17 am

Prior to the new server launch, perhaps throw something reasonable together for Scientist? As of now, zero players should choose it. How about make changes with the goal of having 10% of players choose it?

Logically, science can impact everything: weapons, defense, production, etc. You can put together any combination of existing ideas easily (+ defense, + attack, spy drone recovery, etc). Here are a few new concepts which currently don't exist:

- supergate > place supergates on 2 or 3 planets allowing fleet to pass through
- gate shield / iris preventing attacks
- flying city > allow all your buildings to move from the current planet to a specified vacant planet
- Sensor glitch: causes drones to provide inaccurate info
- refined naqahdah: ???

I hunt the sheep of war...
  • Cjamieson99
  • Respected
  • 640 posts
  • Reputation 203
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • LET'S GET THOSE TERRORISTS!
Dec 20 2014 3:20 am

Spydrones need to be 100%, otherwise what's the point?

I also foresee sooooo many bugs with that.

Kelac! #1 cheater in the game, but you'll never catch me!
  • Dissenter
  • Irregular
  • 84 posts
  • Reputation 44
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • I love 26horses Productions
Dec 20 2014 4:00 am

Could always give them efficiency, and give architect another 50 buildings per world. Also, somewhere, I have another post with some ideas for scientist, but i think shadowing had something in mind. whatever it was, he posted it there i believe.

• Excellion
  • Enthusiast
  • 296 posts
  • Reputation 118
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • Never back down, never surrender, no fear
Dec 20 2014 6:34 am

It's a problem to give any profession or race a feature which, after a class change, disrupts game play.

If you allow a profession to build 50 more buildings on planets, what happens when the player goes on Chulak, builds 50 extra buildings on 300 planets, then changes professions? If the 50 buildings are left on all the planets, that gives the player an unfair advantage. If the buildings are pulled, then what? Give them building credits - another unfair advantage. Refund them the costs? Then the game has to keep exact track of all the building costs (based on the bugs, I would never trust the game to do it) or give some estimate which is an opportunity for abuse (i.e. some players get extra naq)

Currently some professions allow an extra planet. How does that work? If you take a planet with a warsat, and that is the most recent planet you took, and then you change professions/race, you lose the planet?

I hunt the sheep of war...
  • Sadeyes
  • Enthusiast
  • 238 posts
  • Reputation 151
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • Potato
Dec 25 2014 1:54 pm

I liked the general ideas except supergate. I could be wrong but I do not remember any episode that said the ancients used them. They were made by the Ori. I am not saying the ancients never used them but if they did it kinda makes the destiny mission pointless. They could have just sent the gate planting ships ahead and then use zpm to gate to another galaxy and send the supergate through the stargate. Iris/Forcefield would have been possible, city ships would be possible. Sensor glitch would be interesting and I like the idea of refined naq or maybe naquadria. The scientist should be cool.

It's impossible. I hate it. It's evil. It's astonishing. I want to kiss it to death.